Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Plus Card review
Get 6x points on Wyndham purchases and a 0% intro APR period on Wyndham stays.
- Get this card if you stay at Wyndham properties every year and you want to get the highest value.
- Pick something else if you want a Wyndham card with no annual fee.
- Apply with a good to an excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
Points as welcome offer
Up to 6x
Intro purchase APR
for the first 6 billing cycles on Wyndham timeshares (then 15.74%, 19.99% or 24.99% variable)
|Welcome Offer||45,000 points after spending $1,000 on purchases in the first 90 days|
|Rewards||6x points at Wyndham and on gas, 4x points on dining and groceries and 1x points on all other purchases|
|Purchase APR||0% intro for the first 6 billing cycles on Wyndham timeshares (then 15.74%, 19.99% or 24.99% variable)|
|Balance transfer APR||0% intro for the first 15 billing cycles (then 15.74%, 19.99% or 24.99% variable)|
|Recommended minimum credit score||670|
Kliment Dukovski is a credit cards and investments writer. He's written over 600 articles to help readers find and compare the best credit cards. Kliment has also written on money transfers, home loans and more. Previously, he ghostwrote guides and articles on foreign exchange, stock market trading and cryptocurrencies.
Another valuable perk that makes this card a prudent choice is the 7,500 bonus points you get every year on your card anniversary. For comparison, you need to spend $15,000 every year with the no-annual-fee Wyndham card to earn the same bonus. In cash value, 7,500 can be worth between $40 and $100, which basically cancels out the card’s annual fee.
How to apply for the Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Plus Card
You can easily apply for the Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Business Card. Here’s how:
- Visit the Barclaycard website.
- Find the Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Plus Card.
- Click Learn more and then Apply now.
- Fill out the application form.
- Review the application form and submit.
What credit score do I need?
Increase your chances of approval with a good to excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Plus Card benefits
- Rewards. Earn 6x points on Wyndham hotels and gas purchases, 4x points on dining and groceries (excluding Walmart and Target purchases), and 1x points on all other purchases.
- Signup bonus. Earn 45,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 in your first 90 days of card membership. This is worth between one and six nights depending on which location you redeem your points for.
- Annual bonus. Get 7,500 bonus points every year on your card anniversary.
- Platinum elite status. As a cardmember, you automatically get Wyndham’s PLATINUM membership level. This comes with benefits like early check-in and late checkout, Avis and Budget car rental upgrades, free Wi-Fi and more. Without the card, you would need nine stays to get this membership status.
- Intro APR period. Get 6 billing cycles on Wyndham timeshares of 0% intro APR period on Wyndham timeshare purchases, and a 0% intro APR period on balance transfers for 15 billing cycles from the moment you open your account. After that, a variable APR of 15.74%, 19.99% or 24.99% applies on purchases and balance transfers.
What to watch out for
- Annual fee. The card costs $75. This can be easily offset with the annual 7,500 bonus points you get every year on your card anniversary, which can be worth anywhere from $40 to $100.
- Intro APR period on purchases. Your intro APR period applies only on Wyndham stays and not on all purchases.
Compare travel credit cards
The Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Plus Card costs $75 annually, but it may be the better choice for Wyndham regulars. Those who occasionally stay at Wyndham locations and still want to earn rewards, could find the Wyndham Rewards® Earner℠ Card to be more valuable.
As an alternative, a general travel card may sometimes be a better choice, so make sure you compare your options before you apply.