Finder makes money from featured partners, but editorial opinions are our own. Advertiser Disclosure
How do Visa Signature cards work?
Visa Signature cards are loaded with premium benefits you won’t find with your everyday card.
Visa Traditional vs. Visa Signature
Here’s a breakdown of what you’ll find with a normal Visa versus a more well-rounded Visa Signature.
|Visa Traditional||Visa Signature|
|Auto rental collision damage waiver|
|Cardholder inquiry service|
|Emergency cash disbursement and card replacement|
|Lost or stolen card reporting|
|Travel and emergency assistance services|
|Warranty Manager Service|
|Year-end summary statement|
|Visa Signature Fine Wine and Food|
|Visa Signature Concierge|
|Visa Signature Entertainment|
|Visa Signature Sports|
|Visa Signature Travel|
- = Comes standard
- = Does not come standard
*Some nonstandard benefits may be offered by the card issuer.
Visa Traditional and Visa Signature standard benefits
Even your typical Visa comes with valuable basic features. Particularly helpful are collision damage waivers for car rentals and Visa’s Roadside Dispatch service.
Auto rental collision damage waiver
An auto rental collision damage waiver (CDW) will reimburse you if your rental car is damaged or stolen. You’ll also be reimbursed for most loss-of-use charges — fees that cover the rental car company’s lost income — and towing charges.
To receive the auto rental CDW, you must pay for the rental with your Visa. You must also be the primary renter of the vehicle. The CDW benefit is valid for rentals up to 15 days in your own country and up to 31 days in foreign countries.
If you have problems with your vehicle while you’re on the road, call Roadside Dispatch 24/7.
- Tire change
- Jump start
- Lockout service
- Fuel delivery
- Winching to extract your stuck vehicle
You’ll pay a flat $69.95 per service call and there are no usage limits.
- Cardholder inquiry service. Call Visa anytime to ask about card benefits, as well as product and service information.
- Emergency cash disbursement and card replacement. If your card is lost, stolen or damaged, Visa will send you an emergency card replacement within three business days. Visa can also make cash available to you a nearby location.
- Lost or stolen card reporting. Call Visa Global Customer Care Services to get a replacement card.
- Zero Liability. You’ll never be asked to pay for unauthorized purchases on your card.
Visa Signature benefits
Visa Signature cards outshine traditional Visas with more enticing rewards and travel benefits.
The most coveted credit cards offer miles, cash back or points for purchases. Visa Signature cards tend to offer strong sweeteners for spending.
Visa Concierge can help you with travel plans and dining reservations. It can also help with special events — booking shows, arranging meeting space and more — and shopping, including gift recommendations and delivery. Visa Concierge is accessible 24/7.
Visa Signature Luxury Hotel Collection
The Visa Signature Luxury Hotel Collection comprises the world’s top hotels, like Park Hyatt and Shangri-La. As a Visa Signature cardholder, you can book stays at these resorts. Booking through the Visa Signature Luxury Hotel Collection brings such benefits as:
- Complimentary room upgrades
- Complimentary in-room Wi-Fi
- Complimentary continental breakfast
- 3 p.m. checkout on request
- $25 food or beverage credit
Travel and emergency assistance services
If you’re in an emergency during vacation, call Visa for help. Benefits are available for you and your immediate family members.
It’s free to contact Visa’s travel and emergency hotline, but you may need to pay for services you receive. You’ll find services like Emergency Transportation Assistance and Legal Referral Assistance that help in medical and legal emergencies. You also receive assistance for travel emergencies like lost tickets and lost luggage return.
Warranty Manager Service
Through the Warranty Manager Service, you register your warranties and get extended warranties. Through Extended Warranty Protection, your warranty is doubled if your item’s warranty is less than a year.
You’ll get an extra one-year warranty if your item comes with a warranty of one to three years. You must make your purchase with your Visa card, and there’s a limit of $10,000 per claim and $50,000 over your lifetime.
- Visa Signature Entertainment. Receive offers for concerts, movies, museums and more.
- Visa Signature Fine Wine and Food. Get special access to culinary experiences and wine tastings.
- Visa Signature Shopping. Receive discounts on items from top-of-the-line retailers.
- Visa Signature Sports. Receive invitations to exclusive sporting experiences, such as golf and football events.
- Visa Signature Travel. Receive discounts on travel expenses like hotels, car rentals and cruises. This feature isn’t standard for the Visa Signature, but it may be offered by your card issuer.
- Year-End Summary Statement. Receive an annual report of what you’ve spent.
Excellent Visa Signature cards
- Bank of America® Travel Rewards Credit Card. A solid travel card with a simple points structure: 1.5x points on everything you spend. Redeem points for travel.
- Bank of America® Customized Cash Rewards. Excellent for everyday purchases. Earn 3% cash back on a category you choose and 2% cash back at grocery stores and wholesale clubs. Earn 1% on everything else.
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card. One of the best travel cards on the market, with top-notch rewards redemption and 1:1 point transfers to travel programs.
- Capital One Spark 1.5% Cash Select. A flexible business credit card that offers 1.5% cash back on all purchases.
Compare Visa Signature credit cards
Frequently asked questions
If I make a claim through the Warranty Manager service, how long will it take to receive a response?
You’ll typically receive a decision within five business days.
More guides on Finder
How to play Decentraland
Learn how to play with one of the largest cryptocurrency metaverses in the world.
How to plan the perfect luxury trip to Dubai – post-COVID
Let your Black Card concierge plan your trip to Dubai.
BancorpSouth Mastercard® Student Card review
A straightforward student card without enough muscle to make it worth a place in your wallet.
World of Hyatt Business Credit Card review
A flexible Hyatt business card with a huge 75,000 point bonus.
ALEC Student Select Rewards Visa review
A student 0% intro APR card that earns light rewards on purchases.
ALEC Student Select Visa Review
A student 0% intro APR card with a low variable APR.
Compare crypto credit cards 2022
Earn crypto on your purchases with these cards.
Sable Bank account review
Sable’s debit card earns rewards, but you can’t deposit checks or use ATMs for free.
Capital One SavorOne Student Cash Rewards Credit Card review
An excellent new student card for unlimited cash back.
Capital One Quicksilver Student Cash Rewards Credit Card review
A solid 1.5% cashback student card from Capital One with a few nice perks.
Ask an Expert