Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card vs. Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
Choose a higher rewards rate or simpler earnings.
Which card should you choose?
Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card
- Earn an unlimited 2x miles on all purchases.
- Get a 50,000-mile welcome offer after you spend $3,000 in your first 3 months.
- Get various travel benefits, including a TSA PreCheck or Global Entry statement credit worth $100.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Signup bonus. Earn 60,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 in your first 3 months when you open your account. That's $750 in value when redeemed for travel purchases via the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal.
- Earn reward points. Every time you use your card toward travel and dining purchases, you earn 2x points. All other purchases earn 1x points.
- Point transfer. You can transfer your points in 1:1 ratio with Chase's hotel and airline partners, including British Airways, Air France KLM, Korean Air, Singapore Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Airlines, Virgin Atlantic, IHG, Marriott and World of Hyatt.
If you liked the Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card and you think the rewards structure makes sense for your style of spending, you may want to apply. Then again, if putting in a little bit of work with the potential to earn more rewards is your thing, you could consider applying for the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card.
And if neither credit card is coming anywhere near your pocket, keep comparing your options until you catch sight of the credit card with the features you crave.
Ask an Expert