South Jersey Federal Credit Union Platinum Visa® Credit Card review
An easy-to-use credit card with unlimited 1x points on all purchases.
- Get this card if you want to earn reward points without paying an annual fee.
- Pick something else if you want an intro APR period or a signup bonus.
- Apply with a good to excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
11.4% to 14.4%
Purchase APR (variable)
Recommended credit score
Kliment Dukovski is a cryptocurrency and investments writer who has written over 700 articles to help readers find and compare the best financial options. Kliment has also written on money transfers, home loans and more. Previously, he ghostwrote guides and articles on foreign exchange and stock market trading.
If you’re looking for a credit card with a simple, user-friendly rewards structure, consider the South Jersey Federal Credit Union Platinum Visa® Credit Card. You’ll earn unlimited points on everything you buy with the card. The rewards rate may not be on par with similar bank-issued cards, but you get a low APR, which can save you money if you often carry a balance.
How to apply for the South Jersey Federal Credit Union Platinum Visa® Credit Card
To apply for the South Jersey Federal Credit Union Platinum Visa® Credit Card, you must have a South Jersey FCU account. Once you do:
- Visit the South Jersey FCU website and locate the card.
- Choose Apply now.
- Fill out the application form.
- Review the form and submit.
What credit score do I need?
You likely need at least a good credit score of 670 or higher to get an approval.
South Jersey Federal Credit Union Platinum Visa® Credit Card benefits
- Reward points. Earn 1x points on all purchases. This is below the standard 1.5x points that bank-issued cards offer but in line with most credit union reward cards.
- Potentially low APR. Based on your creditworthiness, you can get a variable APR between 11.4% and 14.4% on purchases and balance transfers.
- No annual fee. Own the card without paying an annual fee.
South Jersey Federal Credit Union Platinum Visa® Credit Card drawbacks
- No signup bonus. This card doesn’t give you the option to earn a large batch of reward points when you open your account. If that’s a feature you prefer, compare credit cards with bonus offers.
- No intro APR period. The card comes with a low APR on balance transfers and purchases, but if you want to save more money on interest, compare 0% intro APR cards.
- Foreign transaction fees. You’ll incur a 1% fee of the amount of each transaction made abroad with the card. To avoid this, compare credit cards with no foreign transaction fees.
Compare rewards credit cards
If this card isn’t right for you, compare other rewards cards on the market. Consider the type of rewards you want — cash back or travel — if you want to pay an annual fee and what the APR is.
Consider the South Jersey Federal Credit Union Platinum Visa® Credit Card if you’re a member of the South Jersey FCU and want an easy-to-use rewards credit card with a low APR.
But if you think another card would better serve you, compare your credit card options before making a choice.
Frequently asked questions
Who is eligible to become a South Jersey FCU member?
Anyone who lives, works, worships, goes to school or regularly does business in at least one of these locations:
- Atlantic City
- City of Camden
- City of Millville
- City of Salem
- City of Bridgeton
- City of Lawnside
- City of Pleasantville
- City of Vineland
- City of Glassboro
Family members of eligible persons may join as well.
What does South Jersey FCU membership cost?
Eligible persons must open and maintain a statement savings account with a minimum of $25. You also have to pay a one-time membership fee of $10.
What can I redeem my points for?
Redeem points for merchandise and travel purchases.