This card is no longer offered.
We know that everyone's situation is unique and we aim to help you find the right product for you. We may receive compensation when you visit our partners' sites or are approved for their products. You can read more about how we maintain editorial independence and how we make money here.If you or a family member are in the military, the USAA Classic Platinum Visa® is a credit card that can help you build your credit. Issued by USAA Bank you can make purchases all over the world.
A card catered to people affiliated with the military, the USAA Classic Platinum Visa cards offers special rates for those in deployment and active military duty. The USAA Classic Platinum Visa® is designed for people with average credit, and will help you improve your credit with consistent on-time payments. You can expect an 18.65% - 24.65% variable APR, and a $35 annual fee to maintain services. The USAA Classic Platinum Visa® also includes a variety of travel, security and retail benefits.
- Collision damage waiver coverage. Pays for physical damage and theft to most rental vehicles.
- No penalty charged on APR. You won’t be penalized for making late or missed payments.
- Improve your credit. By making on-time and consistent payments, you can improve your credit score, automatically upgrading you to a premium USAA credit card.
You’ll also like…
- Special 4% SCRA rate. You’ll get 4% APR on your existing balance when you enter active duty.
- Deployment/PCS Rate. Get 4% APR on all balances for up to 12 months during deployment or PCS. After 12 months, the regular APR, currently between 10.65% to 26.65% variable, will apply. This rate will vary with the market, based on the prime rate.
- Military Campaign Benefit. You’ll get a rebate on all finance charges accrued while you served in a qualified military campaign.
What do I need to know before I apply?
In order to apply for the USAA Classic Platinum Visa Credit Card, you must be a member of the military, a veteran who was honorably discharged or an eligible family member of military personnel. You also must be:
- A US citizen or permanent resident
- At least 18 years old
Always consider your options and your financial situation before you apply for a credit card.
Required documents & information
- Full name and address
- Marital status
- Contact information
- Proof of employment and income
If you have average credit, and are looking for a card to help strengthen your credit score, the USAA Classic Platinum Visa® could be the ideal solution. Before choosing this card, be sure to compare it with other options.