This card is no longer offered.
If you or a family member are in the military, the USAA Classic Platinum Visa® is a credit card that can help you build your credit. Issued by USAA Bank you can make purchases all over the world.
A card catered to people affiliated with the military, the USAA Classic Platinum Visa cards offers special rates for those in deployment and active military duty. The USAA Classic Platinum Visa® is designed for people with average credit, and will help you improve your credit with consistent on-time payments. You can expect an 18.65% - 24.65% variable APR, and a $35 annual fee to maintain services. The USAA Classic Platinum Visa® also includes a variety of travel, security and retail benefits.
- Collision damage waiver coverage. Pays for physical damage and theft to most rental vehicles.
- No penalty charged on APR. You won’t be penalized for making late or missed payments.
- Improve your credit. By making on-time and consistent payments, you can improve your credit score, automatically upgrading you to a premium USAA credit card.
You’ll also like…
- Special 4% SCRA rate. You’ll get 4% APR on your existing balance when you enter active duty.
- Deployment/PCS Rate. Get 4% APR on all balances for up to 12 months during deployment or PCS. After 12 months, the regular APR, currently between 10.65% to 26.65% variable, will apply. This rate will vary with the market, based on the prime rate.
- Military Campaign Benefit. You’ll get a rebate on all finance charges accrued while you served in a qualified military campaign.
What do I need to know before I apply?
In order to apply for the USAA Classic Platinum Visa Credit Card, you must be a member of the military, a veteran who was honorably discharged or an eligible family member of military personnel. You also must be:
- A US citizen or permanent resident
- At least 18 years old
Always consider your options and your financial situation before you apply for a credit card.
Required documents & information
- Full name and address
- Marital status
- Contact information
- Proof of employment and income
If you have average credit, and are looking for a card to help strengthen your credit score, the USAA Classic Platinum Visa® could be the ideal solution. Before choosing this card, be sure to compare it with other options.