Compare other USAA credit cards
If you have average credit, the USAA Classic American Express® Card may be a good fit for you. Improve your credit score with consistent, on-time payments. If you choose this card, you can expect a 18.4% to 24.4% variable and a $35 annual fee. The card includes inserted chip card technology to increase security. You can view your account online or on your phone.
Get Valuable rewards with USAA Credit Cards
- Benefits. Security, travel and retail benefits are included with the card, with access to concierge services for traveling.
- Collision damage waiver coverage. Pays for physical damage and theft to most rental vehicles.
- No penalty charged on APR. You won’t be penalized for making late or missed payments.
- Improve credit. Improve your credit score by making on-time and consistent payments. USAA Bank may automatically upgrade you to a premium credit card.
You’ll also like…
- Special 4% SCRA rate. You’ll get 4% APR on your existing balance when you enter active duty.
- Deployment/PCS Rate. Get 4% APR on all balances for up to 12 months during deployment or PCS. After 12 months, the regular APR, currently between 10.65% to 26.65% variable, will apply. This rate will vary with the market, based on the prime rate.
- Military Campaign Benefit. You’ll get a rebate on all finance charges accrued while you served in a qualified military campaign.
What do I need to know before I apply?
In order to apply for the USAA Classic American Express®, you must be a member of the military, a veteran who was honorably discharged or an eligible family member of military personnel. You also must be:
- A US citizen or permanent resident
- At least 18 years old
Always consider your options and your financial situation before you apply for a credit card.
Required documents & information
- Full name and address
- Marital status
- Contact information
- Proof of employment and income
If you’re affiliated with the military, and looking for a credit card that can improve your credit, the USAA Classic American Express® could be a helpful solution. Before choosing this card, be sure to compare it with other credit card options.