Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
Earn more miles with United MileagePlus Dining
Earn accelerated miles on select dining purchases.
The United dining program could be a great option if you’re a United Airlines frequent-flyer and are looking to earn extra miles. You’ll find some of the highest rewards rates out there with this program.
What is the MileagePlus Dining program?
The program lets you earn United Airlines miles on dining at over 10,000 participating locations. Depending on your membership level, you can earn up to 5x miles on your entire transaction, including tax and tip.
That’s up to 10,000 additional miles if you spend $2,000 annually on dining at participating locations. A one-way saver award within continental US on United Airlines can be redeemed for 10,000 miles. This is a solid reward, considering you can earn roundtrip flight within the US just by dining outside.
United dining membership tiers
There are three membership tiers within the United dining program. To get the highest value per dollar, you need VIP membership.
|Membership level||VIP member||Select member||Member|
|Miles you earn per dollar||5 miles||3 miles||0.5 miles|
|Requirements to reach membership level||Subscribe your email to get promotions from the program and make 11 transactions at participating locations in a calendar year.||Subscribe your email to get promotional materials.||Sign up for the program without subscribing for promotional emails.|
How do I sign up for the United MileagePlus Dining program work?
To sign up for the United dining program, you need a United MileagePlus membership, which is free. Here’s how it works:
- Visit the United MileagePlus website.
- Sign up with your full name, address and contact information.
- Visit the United MileagePlus Dining website.
- Log in using your MileagePlus account.
- Add your credit or debit cards.
- Use your cards at participating restaurants.
Can I have more than one card linked to a dining program? Yes, you can have multiple credit or debit cards linked to your United dining program. This can be helpful if you happen to use the wrong card to pay at the restaurant. However, you can’t have the same card linked to another dining program at the same time. For example, you can link your Chase Sapphire Preferred card to the United dining program, but you can’t link it to AAdvantage dining program at the same time.
What is the best United credit card for the dining program?
All three United Airlines cards let you earn 2x miles at restaurants. That’s on top of the 5x miles you earn as a VIP member within the United dining program. When you redeem miles for United Airlines flights, these 7x miles actually come as a 10.5% back on average.
To get the best value, though, consider the Chase Sapphire Reserve® card where you earn 3x points on dining. You can transfer your points in a 1:1 ratio to United miles. With the 3x miles as a VIP member, that’s 8x miles earned or an average value of 12% back.
Compare credit cards that earn miles with the United MileagePlus Dining program
What bonuses does the United Airlines dining program offer?
The United dining program comes with an intro bonus of up to 2,500 miles, which you can earn within the first 30 days of program membership. The bonus is divided into two parts:
- Earn 1,000 bonus miles after you spend $25 or more at a participating location.
- Earn 500 miles every time you visit participating restaurants and you spend $25 or more for the next three visits.
What restaurants are part of the United MileagePlus Dining program?
More than 10,000 restaurants, clubs and bars participate in the United dining program. Below are some of the more popular options based on the number of reviews:
- Tony’s Di Napoli
- Rue 57
- Dallas BBQ
- Junior’s Restaurant
- Lillie’s Times Square
- Sage Vegan Bistro
- Olive Pit Grill
- Chucks Southern Comforts Cafe
- Sapori Trattoria
- Alfie’s Inn
- Timothy O’Tooles Pub
- Roberto’s Ristorante & Pizzeria
- Angelo’s Pizza & Pasta
- Red River BBQ & Grill
- Chang’s Chinese
- Los Arcos
- Tony Mandola’s
How to find which restaurants are part of the United MileagePlus Dining program?
Go to the MileagePlus Dining program website and enter the city at the search bar at the top of the page. If you want to find out whether the place you frequently visit is listed there, search by its name.
How to get the most out of the United MileagePlus Dining program
- Use the signup bonus. You can earn up to 2,500 miles in the first 30 days of program membership once you meet certain criteria.
- Submit your email address to receive promotions. This will automatically bump up your miles from 0.5x to 3x miles on dining purchases at participating restaurants.
- Use the dining program. If you submit your email address to get promotions and you make more than 11 visits at participating restaurants in a calendar year, you will upgrade to VIP membership level. This way you earn 5x miles instead of 3x.
- Use a dining credit card. Combine the United dining program with a dining credit card to earn even more rewards on your restaurant visits. If you want to earn more United miles, use the United℠ Explorer Card.
- Leave a restaurant review. Leave a review to receive some bonus United miles. Typically, this is a requirement to earn the signup bonus. But don’t stress out; a short and honest review is sufficient.
The United dining program can be a great way to earn additional miles on your dining purchases. Especially if you often fly United and you dine out. With frequent visits to participating locations, you can earn up to 5x miles. This is on top of what you already earn with your credit card.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
United Quest℠ Card review
The Chase United Quest piles on the perks without breaking the bank.
Best credit card combinations
Use these credit card combinations to boost your rewards earnings.
7+ hotels offering workation packages
Book a workation at one of these hotels and get Internet, coffee, private space and more.
Best credit cards for rewards in 2021
Take advantage of miles, points and perks with a card that best fits your lifestyle.
Free Spirit® Travel More World Elite Mastercard® review
Earn additional points on Spirit purchases, plus earn points on groceries and dining.
Best cashback credit cards
The top cards often have cashback rewards of 5% or more. But which one is the best for you depends on how you spend.
Best 0% APR credit cards
Our top picks for cards with zero intro APR in 2021.
Best credit cards for travel in 2021
Here are our picks for the top travel cards on the market.
Best airline credit cards of 2021
Have your sights set on travel this year? We compared nearly 100 cards to find the best deals and perks.
Best no-annual-fee credit cards of 2021
Our picks for the best no-annual-fee cards.
Ask an Expert