Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
United℠ Explorer Card vs United MileagePlus® Club card
Earn reward flights with these two frequent flyer cards.
This makes the two cards complementary. If you frequently fly United and you can afford it, consider applying for both cards to maximize their value.
Summary of card features
United℠ Explorer Card
- Signup bonus. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you make $3,000 in purchases with your card within the first 3 months of account opening. Plus, you'll earn an additional 10,000 points when you spend $6,000 in the first 6 months.
- Rewards. Earn 2x miles on United purchases, eligible hotel stays and restaurant spending. Earn 1.5x miles on all other purchases.
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck fee credit. Get up to $100 credit once every for years to cover for your Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application fee.
United MileagePlus® Club card
- United Club membership
- Valuable signup bonus
- Earn miles on all purchases
- Check your first two bags free on United flights
Compare credit cards
More guides on Finder
OakStone Platinum Secured Mastercard® review
Build credit with this secured credit card.
Douugh banking review
The Douugh banking app uses AI to optimize your finances, but it lacks key features.
Passbook account review
Passbook accounts help immigrants in the US manage their money without paying bank fees.
Billinero savings account review
Billinero offers big prizes, but your money might be better off in a high-yield account.
Merrick Bank Double Your Line® Secured Visa® Credit Card review
Build your credit with this secured credit card.
Bellwether Smart Cash Card review
Earn flat 1.5% cashback on all purchases or save money with balance transfers.
Applied Bank® Unsecured Classic Visa® Card review
Build your credit with this unsecured credit card.
Nationwide Advantage checking review
The Nationwide Advantage checking account offers a decent APY and no fees.
Bellwether Smart Rewards Card review
Earn flat 1.5x points on everything you buy or save money with a balance transfer.
Petal® 1 "No Annual Fee" Visa® Credit Card Review
Rebuild your credit for no annual fee.
Ask an Expert