UK Credit claims to offer a “better way to borrow”, so check out its guarantor loans below.
UK Credit is a direct lender and not a broker. If you’ve struggled with your finances before and find it hard to get a loan on the high street, UK Credit’s guarantor loans could be a good option for you. It offers a good range of loans, even to tenant guarantors, and can have slightly lower interest rates than many guarantor loans providers.
Guarantor loans from £1,500 to £12,500
- Competitive rates from 31.9%.
- Your guarantor can be a homeowner or a tenant.
- Poor credit, CCJ's & Defaults always considered.
- Fixed-rates – so your payment won't change during the loan.
Representative example: Borrow £6,000.00 over 3 years at a rate of 47.9% p.a. (fixed). Representative APR 47.9% and total payable £10,364.04 in monthly repayments of £287.89.
Warning: Late repayments can cause you serious money problems. See our debt help guides.
Finder.com is a credit broker, not a lender, for consumer credit products. Our services are provided at no cost to you, but we may receive a commission from the companies we refer you to.
What is a guarantor loan?
A guarantor loan has the extra security of a second person agreeing to pay any unpaid balance on the monthly repayments. This means that even people with a very low credit score could get access to a loan, and you could even improve your credit rating if they make all repayments on time.
Key features of a UK Credit loan
- Borrow £1,500–£12,500 over 18-60 months. The loan terms available will vary according to the size of loan requested.
- Get a personalised quick quote with no impact on your credit rating. Use UK Credit’s loan calculator to get a personalised look at what you can expect from one of its loans.
- Fixed monthly repayments. You’ll always pay the same each month from the first to the last.
- Available for people with tenant guarantors. People with tenant guarantors can borrow up to £6,000.
- No set-up fees.
- Overpay on your loan and save on interest. UK Credit doesn’t charge anything for overpayments of up to three times the regular payment, and this will shorten your loan term.
Guarantor loans from UK Credit
Am I eligible for a UK Credit loan?
UK Credit will consider people with very bad credit ratings, CCJs and past bankruptcies, however all applicants must:
As well as this, it’s important that your guarantor is:
- Between 21 and 70 years old at the time the loan is granted
- A homeowner or a tenant in employment
- Without bankruptcies in the last six years
- Without debt management plans or IVAs in the last six years
- Able to make the payments if you can’t
How do I apply for a UK Credit loan?
- Enter the amount you want to borrow and for how long on the UK Credit website. You’ll also need to say if your guarantor is a tenant or a homeowner.
- You and your guarantor will then receive an application to fill in together.
- After running a few checks, UK Credit will call you to run through some of the final details.
- The loan will be paid into your guarantor’s account, and they can then transfer the funds to you.
Frequently Asked Questions