Now in administration, Juo Loans was a short-lived guarantor lender that stated it wanted to do things differently for people who struggle to get finance.
In February 2019, Juo loans and its sister company WageDayAdvance went into administration. As such, it’s no longer accepting new applications. Like a number of long-standing payday loan companies, WageDayAdvance buckled under the sheer volume of complaints and compensation claims, and took Juo loans with it. We’ve left this page live for historical purposes.
Juo loans is a direct lender, meaning you’ll always know who you’re borrowing from. It provides small loans to people who might not be able to get a loan from the regular lending streams. Although the rates are quite high, with a guarantor these can be much lower, and you can reduce the cost still further by paying back early, with no hidden fees.
Borrow up to £10,000 within 24 hours with a guarantor
If a limited credit record is holding you back from the money you need, a guarantor loan can be a great option – allowing you to borrow money while building your credit score.
- Amigo loans will not judge you based on your credit score
- Loans of £500-£10,000 over 1-5 years
- Loans normally paid out within 24hrs of the guarantor being accepted
Representative example: Borrow £5,000.00 over 3 years at a rate of 49.9% p.a. (fixed). Representative APR 49.9% and total payable £8,782.92 in monthly repayments of £243.97.
Warning: Late repayments can cause you serious money problems. See our debt help guides.
Finder.com is a credit broker, not a lender, for consumer credit products. Our services are provided at no cost to you, but we may receive a commission from the companies we refer you to.
What is a guarantor loan?
Getting a guarantor loans means you have found someone who will back you up and agree to pay the loan should you be unable to. Usually this won’t be needed, but having them there means that lenders can offer you lower rates than with a poor-credit personal loan. The rates are still higher, but if you pay off the loan on time you may be able to improve your credit score and get a better rate next time.
Key features of Juo Loans’ guarantor loans
- From 1 to 3 years.
- From £1,000 to £3,000.
- Get a personalised quick quote with no impact on your credit rating. By entering just a few details you’ll get an immediate loan quote with options for both a personal and a guarantor loan.
- Fixed monthly repayments. The amount you pay will be fixed from the time you sign the contract, meaning no unpleasant surprises.
- Quick access to funds. Once you and your guarantor have been accepted, you’ll usually get the funds the same day.
- No set-up fees. Juo Loans doesn’t charge any hidden fees for taking out a loan.
- Repay your loan early at any time. Juo Loans has a policy that means you can avoid paying excess interest if you settle early.
- No early payment fees. What’s more it won’t charge any fees if you pay off your loan early.
Am I eligible for a Juo Loans loan?
Juo Loans looks for customers who are responsible people who are aware of their credit score and want to make it better. The only other criteria are that they are:
Most people will need a close friend or family member to act as guarantor, and this person must:
- Be over 25.
- Have a regular income
- Be able to make the repayments if the borrower can’t
- Live in the UK
- Be a homeowner or have good credit
How do I apply for a Juo Loans loan?
- Get a personalised quick quote and check out the options for personal or guarantor loans. Choose the one you think is best for you.
- Complete the online application form for your chosen loan.
- You’ll then have 30 days to add your guarantor to the loan by getting them to fill out their accommodation, employment and banking details. You will both find out as soon as they are accepted.
- You’ll receive a call to finalise the details of your loan. Once all that is agreed, the funds will usually be paid the same day.
Frequently Asked Questions