Must read: Pounds to Pocket is now On Stride Financial
As of 2019, Pounds to Pocket has been absorbed into On stride . However, this page has been kept for historical purposes. Existing customers of Pounds to Pocket can log into On Stride to access their account information.
Unlike a traditional “payday” loan, that would be paid back in one lump sum on payday, Pounds to Pocket offers borrowers the facility to spread repayments over terms from six to twelve months. This means a more expensive loan overall, but smaller, more manageable monthly repayments.
Pounds to Pocket is a sister company to the well-known payday lender QuickQuid (which provides loans with shorter repayment periods).
Warning: late repayment can cause you serious money problems. For help, go to moneyadviceservice.org.uk.
Please note: high-cost short-term credit is unsuitable for sustained borrowing over long periods and would be expensive as a means of longer-term borrowing.
Compare Pounds to Pocket loans
Table: promoted deals, sorted by total payable
As well as comparing short-term loans with other types of credit, before you apply for a loan, it’s a good idea to shop around. If you’ve used the Pounds to Pocket calculator to get a quote on a loan, you can use the tool below to get an idea of how much the loan that you have in mind might cost from a range of other popular lenders.
Important information: You should always refer to your loan agreement for exact repayment amounts as they may vary from our results.
Is high-cost, short-term borrowing a good idea?
Payday loans, and high-cost, short-term credit are a very expensive method of borrowing and should only be considered as a last resort. They may not solve your money problems, and are not a good idea for borrowing over longer periods, or for sustained borrowing.
Before you apply for a payday or short-term loan, make sure you’ve considered other options. Is the expenditure that you’re planning absolutely essential? If you can defer a purchase then you could save yourself money in the long run. If you’re struggling to pay a bill, then why not talk to your electricity, gas, phone or water provider to see if you can work out a payment plan? Read more about alternatives to payday loans at moneyadviceservice.org.uk.
Key features of a Pounds to Pocket loan:
- Loans of £200 to £2,000. The amount you’re able to borrow will be subject to an assessment of affordability.
- Borrow over 6 to 12 months. Choose a repayment period that suits your financial situation.
- No set-up or arrangement fees. Like most short-term lenders, Pounds to Pocket don’t charge a fee to set-up the loan.
- Quick access to funds. Pounds to Pocket states that applications are normally processed within 30 minutes, and cash can be sent within 10 minutes of approval.
- Late repayment fee. Like most short-term lenders, Pounds to Pocket will charge a late repayment fee (normally £15). Missing a repayment is also likely to have an adverse effect on your credit rating and ability to secure credit in the future.
- Repay early and save money. You can repay some or all of your loan early to make savings on interest.
How does a short-term loan from Pounds to Pocket work?
Pounds to Pocket offer a relatively straightforward online loan service, that’s designed to get borrowers through a period of financial shortfall. It’s not a solution for ongoing financial difficulties.
When you apply for a loan, Pounds to Pocket will run checks into your credit history, affordability and creditworthiness to make sure that it offers a responsible loan.
Loans are then repaid using either a Continuous Payment Authority (CPA) – which authorises a lender to withdraw sums from a customer’s debit card – or a Direct Debit Authorisation, if you don’t have a debit card. In both cases, provided sufficient funds are in the account, the repayment will be made automatically on a pre-agreed date each month, until the loan has been repaid. Repayments each consist of interest accrued so far plus part of the original amount borrowed.
A CPA is a recurring payment in which you give a company permission to withdraw money from your account on a regular basis.
CPA differs from direct debit because they give the company being paid the ability to withdraw money from your account whenever they wish, and to take payments of different amounts without consulting you. Most payday/short-term lenders will use a CPA to collect your repayments. You can cancel this at any point by either consulting with your loan provider or your bank.
What are the eligibility requirements?
You should only apply for a Pounds to Pocket loan if you’re certain you will be able to make the repayments, and you meet the following criteria:
- Have a valid bank account
- Receive an income through employment or self-employment
- Be a resident of the United Kingdom
- Be at least 18 years old
How do take out a loan with Pounds to Pocket?
- Use Pounds to Pocket’s online calculator to find a loan amount and term that is right for your needs.
- Complete the simple online application.
- Receive and accept your loan offer.
- Receive funds to your nominated account.
Topping-ups/extending your loan
If you haven’t finished paying off your current Pounds to Pocket loan but want to borrow more, your current loan can be rolled into a new loan with an increased loan amount and longer repayment term. This is subject to approval.
In 2015 the Financial Conduct authority (FCA) capped interest and fees on all high-cost short-term credit loans at 0.8% per day.
They additionally capped all default charges at £15 and the total cost (interest, fees) of loans at 100% of the original sum. This means you’ll never have to pay more than double the amount borrowed.
Frequently Asked QuestionsBack to top