Please note: High-cost short-term credit is unsuitable for sustained borrowing over long periods and would be expensive as a means of longer-term borrowing.
Compare Cash Kitty Loans to similar lenders
As well as comparing short term loans with other types of credit, before you apply for a loan, it’s a good idea to shop around and compare a range of lenders. You can use the tool below to get an idea of how much the loan that you have in mind might cost.
What is Cash Kitty?
Cash Kitty is a broker, not a direct lender. This means it does not lend money itself, but instead introduces you to a provider that is willing to lend to you. It uses details from your application to search its panel of lenders and find the best short term loan to suit your situation.
While using a broker gives you quick access to quotes from a range of lenders, you must always check who you are borrowing from and what their terms and conditions are. It’s also important to understand that there may be cheaper options outside of this panel of lenders.
Cash Kitty receives commission from the lender, and will not charge you a fee for its service. However, if it is unable to match you with a loans provider, it may forward your application to another broker. You will need to check if this broker does charge a fee.
Key features of a Cash Kitty loan:
|Product Name||Cash Kitty Short Term Loan|
|Available Amounts||£100 to £5,000|
|New customer maximum||£5,000|
|Loan terms||1 month to 24 months|
|Soft search eligibility check|
|Parent company||William Ellis Sinclair|
|FCA registration number||618190|
How does a Cash Kitty short term loan work?
You can apply for a loan on the Cash Kitty website 24/7 using the simple application form. Choose how much you would like to borrow and for how long, and fill out some basic details about you and your finances.
- Cash Kitty will search its panel of lenders to find you the best deal for your circumstances.
- You will then be transferred to the lender’s own website to complete the process. The lender may ask you some additional questions.
- You will then be asked to sign a loan agreement. Make sure you read the terms and conditions carefully before you commit to a loan.
- Cash Kitty says most of its lenders are able to deposit money into your account within minutes, even over the weekend.
How do I repay my loan?
Many short term loan companies will use a “Continuous Payment Authority” (CPA) to collect loan repayments. Your repayment will usually be taken in full from your bank account on your next payday. It will be taken directly by the lender that you chose to take your loan out with. In some cases lenders will consider repayments via direct debit or by manual bank transfer.
Is Cash Kitty safe?
Cash Kitty is a registered loan broker and is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
However, short-term borrowing can lead to financial stress, especially if you fail to make your repayments, and should only be considered as a last resort.
How much does a Cash Kitty loan cost?
As Cash Kitty is a loans broker and not a lender, it can be hard to determine the likely cost of your loan upfront. Cash Kitty tries to find you the best deal from a panel of lenders, and the actual cost of your loan will therefore depend on the rate and terms offered by the specific lender.
Cash Kitty claim that the loans they offer have a monthly cost of £10-£30, but this may not be completely accurate. Cash Kitty do not charge any fees, but you may be charged additional fees depending on the lender you actually get the loan through.
Loan amount: £400
Loan term: 3 months (with monthly repayments)
Interest rate: 161.9% p.a.
Representative APR: 305.9%
Total cost: £561.92
What are the eligibility requirements?
You should only accept a short term loan from one of Cash Kitty’s lenders if you are certain you can comfortably meet the repayments. You must also:
|Additional eligibility notes||You must have an income.|
You must have a valid bank account.
You must have a valid address.
What to watch out for
Fast loans and free service from a broker can come with some pitfalls. You should consider these before you apply for a loan through Cash Kitty:
- You don’t know who will see your application. Cash Kitty doesn’t list which lenders are in its network, so you can’t research them before submitting your information.
- Not the lender. While Cash Kitty has a user-friendly website, it’s not the end destination. Once Cash Kitty matches you with a provider, that is the end of its involvement with you. Make sure you are happy with the repayment process of the lender you are ultimately borrowing money from.
- Uncertain terms. You won’t know the exact terms and conditions of your loan until you receive an offer. As they can vary greatly from lender to lender, you will need to spend some time understanding what your specific deal is before you agree.
- Multiple credit checks. While applying to a panel of lenders in one go can save you time, it may also mean that multiple credit checks are performed. This could have an adverse effect on your credit rating.
- High interest. Short term loans have notoriously high interest rates. Other forms of credit may take longer to process, but could end up costing a lot less overall. Make sure you investigate all your options before applying for a short term loan.
Short term loans offer a quick solution when you get into difficulty with your finances, but they are a very expensive method of borrowing. They should therefore only be considered as a last resort. Short term loans are unlikely to solve your money problems in the long term, and are not a good idea for borrowing over longer periods, or for sustained borrowing.
Before you apply for a short term loan, make sure you have considered other options carefully. Is the expenditure that you’re planning absolutely essential? If you can put off a purchase then you could save yourself money in the long run. If you are struggling to pay a bill, then try talking to your electricity, gas, phone or water provider to see if you can work out a payment plan. Read more about alternatives to payday loans at moneyadviceservice.org.uk.
Frequently asked questions
We compare payday/short-term loans from
More guides on Finder
Compare the best business credit cards of 2022
Saving time on expense reports and streamlining your cash flow are just a couple of the many perks you could enjoy with a business credit card. Compare interest rates and check your eligibility today.
What is Compound Finance?
We explore how to use Compound Finance for lending and borrowing.
What you need to know about getting a mortgage if you’re buying or refinancing a farm or farmland, including the factors lenders consider when you apply for one.
Mortgage for a pub
Everything you need to know about taking out a mortgage to buy or refinance a pub. Find out where to get one, how to get the best deal and the factors lenders consider.
Mortgage for a hotel
In-depth guide to taking out a commercial mortgage to buy or refinance a hotel. Find out how to get the best rates, factors lenders consider and what you need to apply.
Bridging loan vs commercial mortgage
Find out if a bridging loan or commercial mortgage would suit you if you’re buying or refinancing commercial property and when a bridging loan can be a better option.
10 ways to improve your credit score
The best methods for getting your credit rating in top shape, and boosting your credit score.
Limited company loans
See how to get a business loan as a limited company in the UK, and how much you can borrow.
Sole trader loans
Find out how to get a loan if you work for yourself, including which lenders offer business loans for sole traders.