Toyota Rewards Visa credit card review
Earn 5x points at Toyota dealerships.
- Get this card if you own a Toyota or are planning to buy one.
- Pick something else if you want to earn rewards on other categories.
- Apply with a good to an excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
Points as welcome offer
Up to 5x
15.49%, 19.49% or 24.49%
Purchase APR (variable)
|Welcome Offer||5,000 bonus points once you spend $500 in your first 90 days|
|Rewards||5x points at Toyota dealerships, 2x points on gas, dining and entertainment and 1x points on all other purchases|
|Purchase APR||15.49%, 19.49% or 24.49% variable|
|Balance transfer APR||15.49%, 19.49% or 24.49% variable|
|Recommended minimum credit score||670|
Kliment Dukovski is a credit cards and investments writer. He's written over 600 articles to help readers find and compare the best credit cards. Kliment has also written on money transfers, home loans and more. Previously, he ghostwrote guides and articles on foreign exchange, stock market trading and cryptocurrencies.
The Toyota Rewards Visa credit card has a $0 annual fee and a rewards program of 5x points at Toyota dealerships — worth around 5% back — and 2x points on gas, dining and entertainment purchases. You can also earn a bonus of 5,000 points when you meet the spend requirements.
You can redeem your points for Toyota services, parts, accessories or even for a new Toyota vehicle. Other redemption options include cash back, gift cards and travel.
On the downside, you won’t get a 0% intro APR period on balance transfers and purchases, which is common with rewards credit cards.
But overall, with a $0 annual fee and 5x points at Toyota dealerships, the Toyota Rewards Visa credit card can be an excellent credit card choice if you own a Toyota.
How to apply for the Toyota Rewards Visa credit card
- Visit the Comenity Bank website and use the search tab to find the card.
- As an alternative, visit the Toyota financial services website.
- Click Apply Now.
- Fill out the application form.
- Review the form and submit.
What credit score do I need?
Increase your chances of approval with a good to excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
- Rewards points. Earn 5x points at Toyota dealerships, 2x points on gas, dining and entertainment purchases and 1x points on all other purchases.
- Signup bonus. Earn 5,000 bonus points — worth around $50 — once you spend $500 in your first 90 days of account opening.
- Multiple redemption options. Redeem your points for Toyota service, parts and accessories or for your next Toyota car purchase or lease at participating dealerships. Other redemption options include cash back as a statement credit, gift cards and travel experiences.
- No annual fee. You get to use this card and its features without paying an annual fee.
What to watch out for
- No intro APR period. Unfortunately, you won’t get a 0% intro APR period on balance transfers and purchases.
- Foreign transaction fee. Every time you use this card abroad or online with foreign merchants, you’ll pay a 3% fee of the amount.
Compare rewards credit cards
The Toyota Rewards Visa credit card can be a solid addition to your wallet if you drive a Toyota. That’s because you get to earn accelerated points at Toyota dealerships that you can later redeem for service, parts, accessories or even a new Toyota vehicle.
But if you want to earn accelerated rewards on other categories, consider comparing different rewards credit cards.