An unsecured card for those with poor credit.
- Get this card if you want to build your credit.
- Pick something else if you don’t want to pay an annual fee.
- Apply with a poor credit score of 300 or higher.
|Product Name||Total Visa® Unsecured Credit Card|
|Purchase APR||34.99% fixed|
|Balance transfer APR||N/A|
|Cash advance rate||34.99% fixed|
|Cash advance fee||$5 or 5% of the cash advance amount, whichever is greater|
|Cash advance fee description||$0 intro cash advance fee for first year, then $5 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater|
|Interest free period||Up to 21 days|
|Late payment fee||Up to $39|
|Returned payment fee||Up to $39|
|Additional cardholder fee||$29|
|Rates & fees||rates & fees|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
The Total Visa® Unsecured Credit Card is for those who have suffered financial difficulties in the past and want to build their credit. Likelihood of approval is high and you get a Visa card accepted throughout the US. Just beware of the associated fees and high APR.
- High likelihood of approval.
The card is available to people with limited or poor credit.
- Reports to personal credit.
Your card activity will be reported to the three major credit bureaus — Experian, TransUnion and Equifax. With responsible use, you can build your credit and apply for a better card.
You’ll also like
- Intro period for cash advances.
During your first year, you won’t pay any cash advance fee. After that, you’ll pay either $5 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater. However, you’ll incur a cash advance APR.
What to watch out for
- High APR.
If you make a late payment, you’ll pay a fee and incur a fixed APR of 34.99%, which is significantly higher than most cards.
- Annual fee.
The card comes with a $75 intro annual fee for the first year and $48 after that.
- Many fees.
Aside from an annual fee, you’ll pay:
- One-time program fee of $89
- Monthly fee of $6.25 starting from the second year
- Late payment fee and returned payment fee of up to $39
- Additional card fee of $29 annually
- Credit line increase fee of 20% of the amount increased
- Express delivery fee of $35 if you want to get the card faster
- Copying fee of $3 per page if you want additional copies of your monthly statement or other documents
Compare cards for building credit
Consider the Total Visa Card if you’re struggling financially and looking for an unsecured card to build your credit. But beware of the many fees. If the fees seem too intimidating, check out other unsecured credit cards or secured credit cards for building credit and compare your options.