Stanford Alumni Rewards VISA® Credit Card review
Earn accelerated points on gas and groceries and save money on fees.
- Get this card if you’re a Standard FCU member wanting to earn points on everyday purchases and save money on fees.
- Pick something else if you want a 0% intro APR period.
- Apply with a good to excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
Points as welcome offer
Up to 3x
11.74% to 17.99%
Purchase APR (variable)
|Product Name||Stanford Alumni Rewards VISA® Credit Card|
|Purchase APR||11.74% to 17.99% variable|
|Balance transfer APR||1.99% intro for the first 6 months (then 11.74% to 18% variable)|
|Balance transfer fee||None|
|Cash advance rate||11.74% to 17.99% variable|
|Cash advance fee||None|
|Foreign transaction fee||None|
|Interest free period||Up to 22 days|
|Late payment fee||Up to $7|
|Returned payment fee||Up to $20|
The Stanford Alumni Rewards VISA® Credit Card is a decent family card that lets you earn accelerated rewards on everyday purchases such as gas and groceries. Based on your creditworthiness, you can get a low APR and save money on fees, including on cash advance fees and on an annual fee.
However, you must be a Stanford FCU member to own the card.
- Signup bonus. Spend $1,000 in your first 90 days of account opening to earn 10,000 bonus points. That’s a $100 redemption value according to the Stanford FCU website.
- Reward points. Earn 3x points on gas purchases, 2x points on groceries and 1x points on everything else you buy.
- Intro APR on balance transfers. Make a balance transfer in the first 60 days of card membership and use a 1.99% intro APR period for 6 months. A variable APR of 11.74% to 17.99% applies thereafter.
- Limited fees. The card has no annual fee. Most of its other fees are waived, including fees for foreign transactions, balance transfers, cash advances and overlimit.
What to watch out for
- No 0% intro APR period. You get low APR with this card. But if you want to save more money on interest, compare 0% intro APR credit cards.
How to apply for the Stanford Alumni Rewards VISA® Credit Card
- Hold a Standard FCU membership.
- Visit the Stanford FCU website and locate the card.
- Members apply with Credit union member and non-members apply with Non-credit union member.
- Fill out the application form.
- Review the form and submit.
What credit score do I need?
You have higher chances of approval with a good to excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
Compare rewards credit cards
This card might be especially appealing for families who hold Standard FCU membership and want to earn rewards on gas and grocery purchases without paying an annual fee. The Stanford Alumni Rewards VISA® Credit Card also lets you earn a decent signup bonus and save money with a low APR and no fees.
But if you think there could be a better option for you, compare other credit cards until you find the right card for your wallet.