Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Credit Card vs Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
An airline cobranded card and a general travel rewards card.
The Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Credit Card lets you earn double points only on Southwest Airlines flights and gives you the highest redemption value with the airline. The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card, on the other hand, lets you earn double points on travel and dining purchases and it comes with high redemption value on all travel via Chase Ultimate Rewards.
Summary of card features
Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Credit Card
- $99 annual fee
- Earn 6,000 anniversary points each year
- Earn reward flights with no blackout dates
- No foreign transaction fees
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Signup bonus. Earn 80,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 in your first 3 months when you open your account. That's $1,000 in value when redeemed for travel purchases via the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal.
- Earn reward points. Every time you use your card toward travel and dining purchases, you earn 2x points. All other purchases earn 1x points.
- Point transfer. You can transfer your points in 1:1 ratio with Chase's hotel and airline partners, including British Airways, Air France KLM, Korean Air, Singapore Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Airlines, Virgin Atlantic, IHG, Marriott and World of Hyatt.
Compare credit cards
More guides on Finder
Bellwether Smart Cash Card review
Earn flat 1.5% cashback on all purchases or save money with balance transfers.
Applied Bank® Unsecured Classic Visa® Card review
Build your credit with this unsecured credit card.
Tiller Money review
Do you use a spreadsheet to manage your budget? Automate it with Tiller Money.
Bellwether Smart Rewards Card review
Earn flat 1.5x points on everything you buy or save money with a balance transfer.
Petal 1 "No Annual Fee" Visa® Credit Card Review
Rebuild your credit for no annual fee.
Bank of America® Cash Rewards Secured review
Earn cash back on your purchases and build your credit.
cred.ai Visa card review
A no-annual-fee card with tools to protect your funds and build credit.
Goalsetter Cashola card review
The Cashola card can help your kids save, but is it right for your family?
Emirates Skywards Premium World Elite Mastercard® review
Earn Emirates miles on your purchases and enjoy premium benefits with this airline credit card.
X1 Card review
This metal card adjusts your limit based on your income.
Ask an Expert