Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Credit Card vs Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
An airline cobranded card and a general travel rewards card.
The Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Credit Card lets you earn double points only on Southwest Airlines flights and gives you the highest redemption value with the airline. The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card, on the other hand, lets you earn double points on travel and dining purchases and it comes with high redemption value on all travel via Chase Ultimate Rewards.
Which card should you choose?
Southwest Rapid Rewards® Premier Credit Card
- $99 annual fee
- Earn 6,000 anniversary points each year
- Earn reward flights with no blackout dates
- No foreign transaction fees
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Signup bonus. Earn 60,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 in your first 3 months when you open your account. That's $750 in value when redeemed for travel purchases via the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal.
- Earn reward points. Every time you use your card toward travel and dining purchases, you earn 2x points. All other purchases earn 1x points.
- Point transfer. You can transfer your points in 1:1 ratio with Chase's hotel and airline partners, including British Airways, Air France KLM, Korean Air, Singapore Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Airlines, Virgin Atlantic, IHG, Marriott and World of Hyatt.
Compare credit cards
Ask an Expert