SAFE Platinum Rewards Visa® Credit Card review
Earn points on everything you buy to rack up rewards without paying tons of fees.
- Get this card if you want to earn rewards and save money on fees.
- Pick something else if you want an intro APR period or a signup bonus.
- Apply with a good to excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
1x points on all purchases
10.49% to 16.49% variable
Minimum Credit Score
|Welcome offer||Special Offer: Open a new card before June 18, 2021 and earn 60,000 reward points when you spend $3,000 within the first 90 days.|
|Rewards||1x points on all purchases|
|Purchase APR||10.49% to 16.49% variable|
|Balance transfer APR||10.49% to 16.49% variable|
|Minimum Credit Score||670|
Kliment Dukovski is an investments writer who has written over 600 articles to help readers find and compare the best financial options. Kliment has also written on money transfers, home loans and more. Previously, he ghostwrote guides and articles on foreign exchange, stock market trading and cryptocurrencies.
Earn rewards points on everything you buy with the SAFE Platinum Rewards Visa® Credit Card. Though the rewards rate may not be as high compared to some competitors, the SAFE Platinum Rewards Visa® Credit Card makes up for it with its potentially low APR and no-fee policy when it comes to annual fees, balance transfer fees, foreign transaction fees and — sometimes — cash advance fees.
While this is all well and good, note that you don’t get to earn a signup bonus or save money with a 0% intro APR period on purchases and balance transfers with this card.
How to apply for the SAFE Platinum Rewards Visa® Credit Card
- Visit the SAFE website and locate the card.
- Click Apply now.
- Sign up if you are a member or click Let’s get started to apply for the card and apply for membership after that.
- Select SAFE Platinum Rewards Visa® Credit Card in the next section.
- Fill out the application form.
- Review the form and submit.
What credit score do I need?
You need at least a good credit score of 670 to increase your chances of approval.
- Rewards points. Earn 1x points on everything you buy. This is slightly lower than the industry standard of 1.5x points.
- Potentially low APR. You’ll get a variable APR of 10.49% to 16.49% depending on your creditworthiness. Not bad, considering other rewards cards come with a variable APR of up to 28%.
- Potentially high credit limit. Based on factors determined by the credit union, you can get a credit line of up to $35,000.
- Fewer fees to pay. You won’t pay an annual fee, balance transfer fees or foreign transaction fees. But you can incur a late payment fee of up to $15 and a returned payment of up to $10.
What to watch out for
- No signup bonus. Unfortunately, you don’t get to earn a bonus of any kind in your first months of card membership. Compare credit cards with bonus offers if you want this perk.
- No intro APR period. The card comes with potentially low APR, but a 0% intro APR credit card could be a better choice if you want to save more on interest.
Compare rewards credit cards
Consider the SAFE Platinum Rewards Visa® Credit Card if you want a rewards credit card with a potentially low APR and fewer fees than competitor cards. But if you think there could be a better choice for you, compare your credit card options to find the right card for your wallet.