New York & Company Runway Rewards Credit Card Review
Earn $10 in rewards for every $200 spent at NY&C.
- Get this card if you regularly shop at New York & Company and want to earn rewards on your purchases.
- Pick something else if you want to earn rewards on a wider range of purchases.
- Apply with a fair credit score of 640 or higher.
Up to 1x
Purchase APR (variable)
Recommended credit score
Steven Dashiell is Senior Writer, Personal Finance at Finder specializing in all things credit cards. With more than 300 articles under his belt, he aims to help readers embrace credit cards and maximize their rewards. Steve is studying to become a Certified Educator in Personal Finance, and is a frequent face on Finder’s YouTube channel, offering the latest in credit card hacks and advice. His expertise has been featured on numerous outlets, including U.S. News & World Report, NASDAQ, Time, CBS, Fox Business, Lifehacker, Martha Stewart Living and more.
The New York & Company Runway Rewards Credit Card from Comenity is a closed-loop store card for fashion and attire store New York & Company. As such, it offers the opportunity to earn rewards on your NY&Co shopping. You’ll earn $10 in Rewards after you spend $200 on your card, or $20 if you’re a Premier cardmember. You’ll also receive a coupon on your birthday each year, shipping perks, and access to special sales and deals each month. The card has no annual fee and comes with a 25.99% variable APR.
The Runway Rewards Credit Card card plays it pretty safe as far as store cards go, and it checks all of the boxes you’d expect from a store card: easily accessible for those with less than good credit, modest rewards and a few useful perks for fans of the store. Sadly, the Runway Rewards Credit Card card is somewhat lacking on the features front. It doesn’t offer an intro APR on purchases or balance transfers, lacks a signup bonus and offers just a few store perks. The card is respectable enough on the rewards front, offering the equivalent of 5% back on your eligible purchases and an impressive 10% back if you’re a Premier Cardmember. To reach Premier status, you’ll need to spend $400 in a calendar year on your card.
The closed-loop nature of the card and high rewards rate after meeting spend requirements means this is a niche card to add to your wallet that might be nice if you often spend more than $400 a year at NY&C but won’t offer much value to anyone else.
How to apply for the New York & Company Runway Rewards Credit Card
You can apply for the New York & Company Runway Rewards Credit Card by doing the following:
- Go to the provider's site and select Apply now.
- Fill out the requested information and select Continue to complete your application.
New York & Company Runway Rewards Credit Card benefits
- Earn rewards. You’ll earn 1x point per dollar spent on eligible purchases at New York & Company. After earning 200 points, you’ll receive $10 in rewards. Spend $400 in a calendar year to earn Premier membership. Premier members earn $20 for every 200 points earned instead of $10.
- Birthday savings. Each year on your birthday, you’ll receive either a $10 or $20 reward depending on if you’re a Premier membership status.
- Shipping perks. Throughout the year, NY&C will grant free shipping days to cardholders. These days aren’t set in stone, unfortunately, so you’ll need to keep watch over the email associated with your account.
- Cardholder events. Throughout the year you’ll have access to a few cardholders specific offers, deals and early access events.
- No annual fee. You won’t pay an annual fee to use this credit card.
New York & Company Runway Rewards Credit Card drawbacks
- High APR. The New York & Company Runway Rewards Credit Card has a higher-than-average APR of 26.74%. The industry average is around 16%.
- No signup bonus. There isn’t a signup bonus baked into the card. However, individual consumers may receive a signup offer when applying through the website.
- No intro APR. This card doesn’t offer a 0% intro APR on purchases or balance transfers.
- Closed loop. You can only use this credit card at NY&C stores, including the website and fashiontofigure.com.
Compare store credit cards
For a look at some of the other store credit cards on the market, select up to four cards and hit Compare to see them side by side.
New York & Company Runway Rewards Credit Card customer reviews and complaints
There aren’t many customer thoughts available online about the Runway Rewards Credit Card card, which isn’t surprising given the niche nature of the card. Comenity Bank, however, receives a B rating from the Better Business Bureau as of November 2021 and is not accredited with the organization. Customer reviews and complaints on the site mention poor customer service and sudden credit limit changes on accounts.
The bank receives a 1.5 out of 5 customer rating on Trustpilot as of November 2021, with customers noting poor customer service and poor handling of disputes as their reasoning for low ratings.
The New York & Company Runway Rewards Credit Card is potentially valuable for heavy spenders at New York & Company but doesn’t offer enough perks or features for the occasional NY&C shopper or those looking for more of a general store credit card. You can compare more store cards to find one that better suits your needs or check out other reward cards for a broader selection of reward opportunities.