Earn points at the tony Ritz-Carlton hotels and travel credits with this high-fee card.
- Get this card if… you’re a frequent traveler who loves luxury accommodations and premier privileges.
- Pick something else if…you don’t travel much or don’t want to pay a steep annual fee for benefits.
- Recommended good to excellent credit score of 690 or higher.
Not many cards come with such a steep annual fee as the Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card. Then again, not many cards offer such luxurious benefits as complimentary nights and upgrades at Ritz-Carlton hotels, airline ticket credits and multiple points premiums.
|Product Name||The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® Credit Card|
|Balance Transfer Rate (not intro)||17.49% to 24.49% variable|
|APR for Purchases ( Purchase Rate )||17.49% to 24.49% variable|
|Cash Advance Rate||26.49% variable|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 21 days|
|Returned Payment Fee||$37|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|0% of transaction value|
|Minimum Credit Score||Fair (660-699)|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Returned Payment Fee||$37|
|Late Payment Fee||$37|
|Cash Advance Fee||$10 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater|
The Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card makes earning points for travel a natural extension of everyday spending. It comes with lots of points benefits for the luxury traveler, with no limits on how many you can accrue: earn 1x rewards points on everyday spending, 2x rewards points on plane tickets and a whopping 5x rewards points at participating Ritz-Carlton locations.
You’ll get big perks and bonuses on traveling expenses, such as access to premier airport lounges, discounts on rental cars and two complimentary nights at a Ritz-Carlton hotel when you spend $4,000 in the first three months after opening your account.
- RITZ-CARLTON BENEFITS: Enjoy perks at hotels internationally.
Get two complimentary nights when you spend $4,000 in the first three months after opening your account.
$100 hotel credit toward spa treatments, dining or other hotel activities on paid stays of two nights or longer.
Three annual upgrades to the Ritz-Carlton Club on paid stays of up to seven nights.
Complimentary Gold Elite status in the Ritz-Carlton Rewards Program during your first year of card ownership.
Access the J.P. Morgan Premier Concierge 24/7 for assistance with needs big and small.
- REWARDS POINTS SYSTEM: A lot of points with no limits.
Earn 5x rewards points on qualifying purchases at participating Ritz-Carlton and SPG hotels.
Earn 2x rewards points when booking plane tickets with an airline, renting a car with an agency or eating out at restaurants.
Earn 1x rewards points on everyday spending.
- TRAVELER FRIENDLY: Added comfort for frequent travelers.
Get complimentary annual Priority Pass Select membership with access to more than 900 airport lounges internationally.
Get an annual $300 travel credit to use toward baggage fees, seat upgrades, airport lounge access and more.
And you’ll get a $100 statement credit toward Global Entry application fee for TSA Pre-Check expedited screenings when traveling.
You’ll also like …
- Sign-up bonus. Earn 10,000 bonus points after your first purchase in the first three months of your account opening.
- Charity outreach system. If you aren’t going to use all your reward points, you can donate them to a variety of charities and causes.
- Minimum credit limit. If approved for an account, your credit access line will be at least $10,000.
- Special airline and car rental privileges. Save more when booking with your Ritz-Carlton card.
- Travel and purchase coverage. Get reimbursed for lost luggage, trip cancellations and other purchases.
What to watch out for
- Steep annual fee. To justify the fee, you’ll need to regularly make use of its luxury benefits beyond its rewards points.
- Good or better credit required. This luxury brand comes with a higher credit requirement.
- Potentially high APR. With an APR of 17.49% to 24.49% variable that varies by creditworthiness, you’ll want to avoid carrying too much of a balance month to month in order to avoid paying unnecessary interest.
Consider other cards if …
- You don’t travel frequently. With most of its rewards and opportunities focused on travel fare and hotels, the card is best suited for people who travel often.
- You don’t want to pay a steep annual fee. This card’s annual fee is one of the highest. If its benefits don’t match your lifestyle, you may want to consider a more traditional travel card with a lower fee.
- You’re not great at keeping up with your expenses. Making late payments or missing minimums can result in hefty fees.
Compare other Chase credit cards
What to know before you apply
To apply for the Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card, you must be at least 18 years old.
Always consider your options and your financial situation before you apply for a credit card.
What credit score do I need?
You’ll have a better chance of being approved for the Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card if you have a good to excellent credit score of 690 or higher.
How to apply
1. Go to the Ritz-Carlton Rewards card site and click Request Your Card.
2. In the next window that appears, click Apply Now.
3. Complete the application with details like your name, address, income and employer.
How long will it take to be approved?
Approval for the Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card generally takes one to three weeks.
I got the card. Now what?
- Making payments. Register with Chase to manage your account and pay your bills online.
- Avoiding interest payments. After the close of each billing cycle, you have a grace period of 21 days to pay your balance. If you do, you won’t pay interest on your purchases.
- Avoiding fees. Avoid hefty fees that come with late payments by paying each statement by the due date.
- Customer service. You have many options for support, including cardmember services at 855-896-2222, the J.P. Morgan Premier Concierge at 877-408-5537 and travel benefits at 855-896-2222. You can also log in to your account for assistance.
The Ritz-Carlton Rewards Credit Card is a good fit for people who seek luxury benefits and exclusive privileges when traveling. But with a high $450 p.a. annual fee, you’ll want to be sure that you can use this card’s primary and secondary benefits beyond simple rewards points.
Compare Chase credit cards