Make the most of your next Norwegian cruise with 10,000 bonus signup points and no annual fee.
- Get this card if… you cruise with Norwegian Cruise Line frequently.
- Pick something else if…you don’t plan to cruise with Norwegian or want a card with no foreign transaction fees.
- Good to excellent credit score of 680 to 850 recommended.
The Norwegian Cruise Line World Mastercard from Bank of America is built for those who enjoy exploring the world by sea. Norwegian travels all over the world to Alaska, Europe and even Australia.
|Product Name||Norwegian Cruise Line® World Mastercard®|
|Balance Transfer Rate (not intro)||14.24% to 24.24% variable|
|APR for Purchases ( Purchase Rate )||14.24% to 24.24% variable|
|Cash Advance Rate||17.24% to 26.24% variable|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 25 days|
|Returned Payment Fee||$27|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (MC)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Minimum Credit Score||Fair (660-699)|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Returned Payment Fee||$27|
|Late Payment Fee||$38|
|Cash Advance Fee||$10 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater|
|Rewards Program||Bank of America|
|Bonus Points on Sign-up||10,000|
|Rewards Points per $ spent (VISA/MC)||3|
The Norwegian Cruise Line card comes with a 10,000-point signup bonus after your first purchase of any amount in the first 90 days — that’s enough for $100 off your next cruise. You’ll earn 3x points for any purchases with Norwegian on your card and 1x points for all other purchases. Redeem points for stateroom upgrades and onboard credit, travel discounts and car rentals or hotel stays. Better yet, points are good for five years after earning them.
No annual fee sweetens the deal for new and veteran cruisers, but watch out for a 3% foreign transaction fee when using this card outside the US.
- Signup bonus. You’ll earn signup bonus of 10,000 points with any purchase in the first 90 days of your account opening.
- Earn points. Get 3x points on Norwegian Cruise Line purchases and 1x points on all other purchases.
- Redeem points. Use your points for cruise accommodations, onboard experiences, stateroom upgrades and activities on your cruise. Or redeem for cash back, airline travel, car rentals and hotel stays.
You’ll also like …
- No annual fee. You won’t pay a fee to carry this card.
- Preferred rewards. The more you spend, the better your benefits. For example, spend more than $20,000 and get 25% bonus points on every purchase; spend over $50,000, to get 50% bonus points.
- Security and protection. This chip-enabled card comes with a $0 liability guarantee for fraudulent transactions.
What to watch out for
- 3% on foreign transactions. Use this card outside the US and pay a fee equal to 3% of each transaction in US dollars.
- Stiff penalties. You’ll pay $38 for late payments and $27.00 for returned payments, not to mention a penalty APR of up to 29.99% variable, which could stick around for awhile.
Consider other cards if …
- You don’t cruise Norwegian. If you aren’t planning a cruise anytime soon, you’re better off exploring other rewards cards.
- You want an intro APR. If you want a card with an intro APR offer on purchases or balance transfers, this card may not be for you.
What to know before you apply
To apply for the Norwegian Cruise Line World Mastercard, you must be:
- At least 18 years old.
- A US citizen or permanent resident.
Always consider your options and your financial situation before you apply for a credit card.
What credit score do I need?
A good to excellent credit score of 680 or higher will increase the chances of your application’s approval.
How to apply for the card
1. On the Norwegian Cruise Line World Mastercard website, click Apply Now.
2. Provide the required personal and financial information. Click Review your information.
3. Confirm that your information is correct and submit your application.
How long will it take to be approved?
Bank of America uses an automated online conditional approval system, so you’ll typically learn your application’s status almost immediately.
I got the card. Now what?
- Turn to online banking. Use Bank of America’s online banking platform to pay your statement and check your available credit 24/7.
- Avoid unnecessary interest. Bank of America gives you 25 grace days after each billing cycle to pay for your purchases with no interest.
- Avoid fees. Late and returned payments come with stiff penalties of up to $38. Balance transfers come with fees as well.
- Customer service. Speak to a customer service representative at 800-732-9194 or get online assistance via Ask Jenn. You can also connect with BofA on Twitter @BofA_Help or Facebook @BankofAmerica.
If you’re planning a trip with Norwegian Cruise Line, you could benefit from this card. With no annual fee and opportunities to earn points, it’s good for those who don’t want to spend a lot on a credit card. However, your points are best spent on the cruise line.
If you want a card with other travel options and rewards, check out a few other options that might work for you.