Norwegian Cruise Line® World Mastercard® review
This card offers great rewards on Norwegian Cruise Line spending.
- Get this card if you spend a lot with Norwegian Cruise Lines.
- Pick something else if you’re an occasional cruiser.
- Apply if you have a good to an excellent credit score of 670 and above.
Up to 3x
14.99% to 22.99%
Purchase APR (variable)
|Welcome Offer||10,000 points after making a purchase in the first 90 days|
|Rewards||3x points on Norwegian and 1x points on all other purchases|
|Purchase APR||14.99% to 22.99% variable|
|Balance transfer APR||14.99% to 22.99% variable|
|Recommended minimum credit score||670|
Kevin Joey Chen is a credit cards, banking and investments writer whose work and analysis have appeared on CNN, U.S. News & World Report, Business.com, Lifehacker and CreditCards.com. He's passionate about helping you get your finances in order by expertly navigating cutting-edge financial tools — including credit cards, apps and budgeting software.
The Norwegian Cruise Line® World Mastercard® is best for avid Norwegian Cruise Line customers as it offers attractive bonus rewards for the brand.
If you don’t use this cruise line, you’ll get more out of another travel credit card with more general rewards. There are many excellent no-annual-fee options that offer solid rewards on everyday spending.
How to apply for the Norwegian Cruise Line® World Mastercard®
- Navigate to the Norwegian Cruise Line® World Mastercard® website and click Apply Now.
- Complete the application with details like your name, address, contact information and financial information.
- Review your information and submit your application.
- Annual fee: None. Many of Bank of America’s cards have annual fees, so this card can be a good alternative.
- Signup bonus: 10,000 WorldPoints. Make one eligible purchase within the first 90 days of opening your account to earn this bonus.Redemptions start at 2,500 points. You can redeem points for travel, cashback, cruises, cruise discounts, Norwegian onboard credits, gift cards and more. You’ll occasionally receive special offers for last-minute cruises and other deals.If you redeem the bonus for higher-value options, such as flights and travel statement credit, it’s worth $100 according to our valuation. Other options, such as gift cards, might give you a lower value.
- Rewards: Up to 3x WorldPoints. Earn 3x points on Norwegian purchases. This will give you a strong 3% rewards rate as long as you use points for redemptions such as travel and statement credit. Earn 1x points on all other purchases.
You’ll also like …
- More points for Bank of America Preferred Rewards members. Earn 25% to 75% more points depending on your member tier in Preferred Rewards.Gold members earn 25% more points; Platinum members earn 50% more points; and Platinum Honors members earn 75% more points.To qualify for Preferred Rewards, you’ll need three-month average combined balances of at least $20,000 across eligible Bank of America banking accounts and Merrill Lynch and Merrill Edge investment accounts.
What to watch out for
- Penalty APR. Bank of America may apply a 29.99% variable penalty APR to all of your balances if you make a late payment.
- Other cards offer more valuable signup bonuses. You’ll find signup bonuses worth $200 to $300 with other no-annual-fee travel credit cards.For example, the Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card has a welcome offer worth $300 in cash redemption. And the Bank of America® Travel Rewards Credit Card has a signup bonus worth $250 in travel statement credit.
Compare credit cards with cruise benefits
What should I know before I apply?
To apply for the Norwegian Cruise Line® World Mastercard®, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old (21 if you’re a permanent resident of Puerto Rico).
- Have a valid Social Security number or taxpayer identification number.
- Full name
- Residential address
- Primary phone number and email address
- Citizenship status and country of birth
- Date of birth and Social Security number
- Employment status, total annual income, source of income and monthly housing payment
What credit score do I need?
You’ll typically have better chances of approval if you apply with a good to an excellent credit score of 670 and above.
Norwegian Cruise Line® World Mastercard® reviews and complaints
Many customers like that it’s easy to qualify for the card’s signup bonus.
Bank of America, the issuing bank of this card, is accredited by the Better Business Bureau (BBB). Though it has an average rating around one out of five stars, it has an A+ rating.
As of this writing, the bank has nearly 6,000 customer complaints on its profile.
I got the card. Now what?
- Qualify for the signup bonus. Make one purchase within the first 90 days to receive the 10,000 WorldPoints signup bonus.
- Register your card on the Bank of America website. Getting an online account is a convenient way to check your balance and pay your bill. You can also enroll in automatic payments, which will help you avoid late fees and drops in your credit score.
- Watch out for late payments. One late payment can saddle you with a penalty APR of 29.99% variable on all of your balances.
- Browse the WorldPoints website. Log in to the WorldPoints website with your Bank of America credentials to decide how you’d like to redeem your points.
- Contact customer service. If you have issues with your card, call Bank of America customer service at 800-732-9194. You can also contact the bank via Twitter @BofA_Help or via Facebook @BankofAmerica.
How do I redeem miles from the Norwegian Cruise Line® World Mastercard®?
Log in to the Bank of America WorldPoints website with your BofA credentials.
Eligible redemptions include:
- Statement credit.
- Cash back.
- Cruise discounts.
- Norwegian onboard credits.
- Gift cards.
This card offers attractive rewards on Norwegian Cruise Line spending. That makes it a better choice for avid cruisers.
If you cruise only occasionally, consider a general travel credit card. You’re likely to earn stronger rewards.