The credit card for Cheeseheads, with points for NFL purchases and discounts at NFLShop.com.
We know that everyone's situation is unique and we aim to help you find the right product for you. We may receive compensation when you visit our partners' sites or are approved for their products. You can read more about how we maintain editorial independence and how we make money here.
- Get this card if… you’re a Packers fan and you buy NFL merchandise.
- Pick something else if… you don’t make many NFL purchases.
- Recommended credit range to apply: 680-850 (Good to Excellent)
|Product Name||NFL Extra Points Green Bay Packers credit card|
|Intro APR for Balance Transfer||0% Intro APR for first 15 billing cycles (with whichever is greater, $5 or 3% balance transfer fee)|
|Balance Transfer Rate (not intro)||16.24%, 21.24% or 26.24% variable|
|APR for Purchases ( Purchase Rate )||16.24%, 21.24% or 26.24% variable|
|Cash Advance Rate||26.49% variable|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 23 days|
|Returned Payment Fee||$37|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of each transaction in U.S. dollars.% of transaction value|
|Minimum Credit Score||Fair (660-699)|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Returned Payment Fee||$37|
|Late Payment Fee||$37|
|Cash Advance Fee||$10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater|
|Rewards Program||Barclaycard Rewards|
|Bonus Points on Sign-up||10,000|
|Rewards Points per $ spent (VISA/MC)||2|
You’re the biggest Packers fan on the planet. Your preferred headgear is the Cheesehead, and all of your dreams consist of the Lambeau Leap. You know everything about the Packers, watch the games live and buy your team’s merchandise on the regular.
If that sounds like you, consider scooping up the NFL Extra Points Credit Card. It offers a 10,000-point signup bonus (just spend $500 in the first 90 days). On top of that, you’ll earn 2x points on NFL tickets, as well as on stadium, NFLShop.com and pro shop purchases. And to sweeten the deal, you’ll get 20% off anything you buy at NFLShop.com. If you spend big on your team, the NFL Extra Points card will reward you for it.
Lastly, as you apply for the card, you can choose how it’ll look. Of course, it’s only natural that you imprint the Packers logo onto your card.
Why Green Bay Packers fans will love the NFL Extra Points card
- Before the Packers game, buy jerseys and other gear at NFLShop.com and get 20% off.
- When you buy tickets to the Packers game, you get 2x points.
- Redeem your points for cash back, NFLShop.com gift cards and VIP NFL experiences.
- SIGNUP BONUS: Points for cash back.
After you spend $500 in the first 90 days, you’ll earn 10,000 bonus points. You can redeem them for $100 cash back.
- POINT EARNINGS: More points on NFL and team purchases.
Earn 2x points when you buy eligible NFL tickets. Get 2x points for purchases in stadiums as well as at NFLShop.com and team pro shops. Earn 1x points on everything else.
What are points used for?
As you accumulate points, you can redeem them for rewards like:
- Cash back (worth 1 cent per point; redeem as statement credit)
- NFLShop.com gift cards
- NFL jerseys
- VIP NFL experiences
- INTRO APR: Transfer your balances and go wild on tickets.
Receive APR for first 15 billing cycles on balance transfers you make within the first 45 days. Also, use your card to buy eligible NFL tickets and get a 0% purchase APR for 6 billing cycles on all "Qualifying NFL Team Ticket Purchases" starting from the transaction date.
- Discounts at NFLShop.com.
Get 20% off everything you buy at NFLShop.com.
- No annual fee.
You’ll also like…
- Concierge service. Arrange dining and travel plans through your card’s concierge phone line.
What to watch out for
- It hurts to pay late. Making late or returned payments could result in fees as high as $37.00.
- Foreign transaction fees. When you use your NFL Extra Points card overseas, you’ll incur a transaction fee.
Consider other cards if…
- You’re looking for a cash back card. You get decent cash back with the NFL Extra Points card, but you’ll get better rewards with cards like the Citi Double Cash or Blue Cash Preferred.
- You’re not a fan of the NFL. This card is for hardcore NFL fans. If you don’t attend games or buy NFL apparel, you’ll probably get more value out of another credit card.
What should I know before I apply?
To apply for the NFL Extra Points card, you must be:
- At least 18 years old
- A U.S. citizen or permanent resident
Information you’ll need
- Full name
- Address and residential status
- Employment information
- Total annual income
- Contact information
- Social Security number and mother’s maiden name
What credit score do I need?
You’ll have a better chance of being approved for the NFL Extra Points card if you apply with a good to excellent credit score of 680 or higher.
How to get a Green Bay Packers Credit Card
Go to the Barclaycard website and click the Apply Now button.
Choose which team’s logo you want on your credit card. (You’ll pick the Packers logo, of course.)
Fill out the application form. Include information like your name, address, annual income and Social Security number.
How long will it take to be approved?
Because conditional credit card approval is automated on the website, you’ll get a decision on your application immediately.
I got the card — now what?
- Making payments. Go to the Barclaycard website and set up an account to pay your bill online. You can also enroll in auto pay.
- Avoiding interest payments. After the close of each billing cycle, you have a grace period of 23 days to pay your balance. If you do, you won’t pay interest on your purchases.
- Avoiding fees. Late and returned payments come with hefty fees of up to $37. Balance transfers and cash advances also come with fees.
- Customer service. If you have questions, you can visit Barclaycard’s support center. Alternatively, you can contact Barclaycard by phone.
The NFL Extra Points card is the go-to pick for Cheeseheads, with great incentives for NFL purchases.