A classic rewards card offering unlimited 1.5% cash back on purchases with no annual fee.
We know that everyone's situation is unique and we aim to help you find the right product for you. We may receive compensation when you visit our partners' sites or are approved for their products. You can read more about how we maintain editorial independence and how we make money here.
- Get this card if… you’re looking for a rewards card that comes with no annual or foreign transaction fees.
- Pick something else if…you’re looking for a more solid rewards or cashback program.
- Recommends credit range to apply: 690–850
|Product Name||Capital One Quicksilver® Rewards Credit Card|
|Intro APR for Balance Transfer||0% Intro APR for 9 months (with 3% balance transfer fee)|
|Balance Transfer Rate (not intro)||14.24%, 19.24% or 24.24% variable|
|APR for Purchases ( Purchase Rate )||14.24%, 19.24% or 24.24% variable|
|Cash Advance Rate||24.24% variable|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 25 days|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|0% of transaction value|
|Minimum Credit Score||Fair (660-699)|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Late Payment Fee||$35|
|Cash Advance Fee||$10 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater|
If you’re looking for a classic rewards card, Capital One’s Quicksilver Rewards card could be for you. It’s main reward is a flat 1.5% cash back on all purchases. Signup bonuses include a one-time $100 when you spend $500 in the first three months. And it all comes with no annual fee.
- Signup bonus. Get a one-time $100 cash bonus when you spend $500 in the first three months after approval.
- Cash back rewards. Earn 1.5% on all purchases.
- No annual fee. Ever.
- No foreign transaction fees. Pay nothing extra on overseas purchases.
- Secure and protected. Get zero-fraud liability and security alerts by email and text.
What to watch out for
- Good to excellent credit recommended. If your credit score is under 690, you may need to look elsewhere.
- Possible high foreign exchange rates. You’ll pay a higher exchange rate than the daily mid-market rate on your overseas purchases.
- You could find better bonuses elsewhere. Other cards could offer higher cash back percentages.
- Other banks offer higher cashback percentage bonuses on purchases, if you do a little bit of research.
Compare other Capital One credit cards
What to know before you apply
Always consider your options and your financial situation before you apply for a credit card.
To apply for the Capital One Quicksilver Rewards Credit Card, you’ll need to submit personal and financial information that includes your:
- Full name
- Physical mailing address (PO boxes are not accepted)
- Social Security number and date of birth
- Estimated gross annual income
- Checking or savings account information
How to apply for the Capital One Quicksilver Rewards Credit Card
- Go to Capital One’s website and select Quicksilver from Cash Back Rewards.
- Complete and submit the online application for the Quicksilver Rewards Credit Card.
- Capital One will notify you in writing of its decision in 7 to 10 days after applying.
I got the card, now what?
- Stay on top of your account. Access your account online, where you can view your transactions and pay your bills. You can also visit your local branch or get assistance over the phone.
- Set up automatic payments. Avoid interest by making payments on time. Your due date will be a minimum of 25 days after the close of each billing cycle.
- Customer service. Help is available for existing customers by email or at 1-800-227-4825.
If you’re looking for a hassle-free rewards credit card without an annual fee, the Capital One Quicksilver Rewards Credit Card could be for you. If your credit score isn’t quite within the recommended range, look into other cards available in Capital One’s suite of cards.