Control your budget and manage your spending with this prepaid checking alternative.
We know that everyone's situation is unique and we aim to help you find the right product for you. We may receive compensation when you visit our partners' sites or are approved for their products. You can read more about how we maintain editorial independence and how we make money here.The READYdebit Visa Control Prepaid Card allows you to keep track of your purchases while sticking to a budget. Issued by MetaBank, it’s not a credit card, a loan or a cash advance. Rather, you preload the card with as much cash as you choose to begin using it with no monthly fees. Because you’re not actually borrowing money with the card, you face no late fees or interest charges. The Control Visa Debit Card is ideal for people who make only a few purchases every month.
|Product Name||READYdebit Control Visa Prepaid Card|
|Minimum Credit Score||Poor (Below 660)|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
READYdebit Control Visa Prepaid Card review
If you’re tired of the overdraft, bounced check and monthly fees that come with traditional checking accounts, the READYdebit Control Visa Prepaid Card could be what you’re looking for. An alternative to a checking account, this prepaid card allows you to load money onto it in a variety of ways. Share funds between two READYdebit cards and directly deposit your paycheck or benefits for free. You can even pay your bills and access your account online.
Applying is easy and doesn’t require a credit or ChexSystems check. When you sign up, you get your account information immediately. After paying a one-time $4.95 setup fee, you load up your card for use anywhere that takes Visa, with the added ability to withdraw up to $1,000 daily with a bank teller or up to $500 daily at ATMs.
- No monthly fees. You won’t pay a fee each month to maintain this card.
- Wide acceptance. Use this prepaid card anywhere that takes Visa or to withdraw cash at most ATMs.
- No late fees. Because you load up the card with whatever amount of money you choose, there are no statements or late fees to worry about. And no overdraft or bounced check fees.
- Customer service. Take advantage of 24/7 customer service if you have questions.
- Free direct deposit. Set up direct paycheck or Social Security benefits deposit at no additional cost.
How to use the card
- Load your money. Preload your card by direct deposit using the routing and account numbers that come with the approval. Reload your card at more than 50,000 retail locations, including stores with Green Dot, MoneyPaks or Visa ReadyLink. Or transfer money from your bank account using ACH.
- Easy online application. Complete the simple application online to get your card account information right away.
- Poor credit accepted. Because you’re not opening a line of credit, a credit or ChexSystems check isn’t required.
- Share cash among accounts. Instantly share money between two READYdebit cards.
- ATM withdrawals. You’ll pay a $2.25 transaction fee per ATM withdrawal, a $1 fee per ATM decline, and every ATM balance inquiry costs $0.50.
- Bill pay. Pay your bills through your online account.
- Withdrawals. Withdraw up to $1,000 daily with a bank teller or up to $500 daily at an ATM.
How to apply for a READYdebit Control Visa Prepaid Card
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must be a US citizen or legal resident.
Required documents and information
- Full name and residential address
- Email address and phone number
- Social security number and date of birth
- In some cases, a copy of your driver’s license for verification
If you’re looking for a prepaid card that doesn’t require credit checks or monthly fees, the READYdebit Visa Prepaid Control card could be for you. But to narrow down all options you’re eligible for, compare the full range of prepaid card options.