A no-annual-fee card with relatively flexible rewards.
- Get this card if… you’re a regular passenger on Princess Cruises.
- Pick something else if…you don’t cruise much or want general travel rewards.
- Recommended good to excellent credit score of 680 to 850.
|Product Name||Princess Cruises® Rewards Visa® Card|
|Intro APR for Balance Transfer||0% Intro APR for first fifteen billing cycles (with whichever is greater, $5 or 3% balance transfer fee)|
|Balance Transfer Rate (not intro)||15.24%, 20.24% or 25.24% variable|
|APR for Purchases ( Purchase Rate )||15.24%, 20.24% or 25.24% variable|
|Cash Advance Rate||26.49% variable|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 23 days|
|Returned Payment Fee||$37|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|0% of transaction value|
|Minimum Credit Score||Fair (660-699)|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Returned Payment Fee||$37|
|Late Payment Fee||$37|
|Cash Advance Fee||$10 or 5% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater|
|Rewards Program||Barclaycard Rewards|
|Bonus Points on Sign-up||10,000|
|Rewards Points per $ spent (VISA/MC)||2|
With a $0 p.a. annual fee, the Princess Cruises Rewards Visa offers a low barrier to entry and gives a decent signup bonus of 10,000 points — worth around $100. You’ll receive the bonus after using your card just one time to use on Princess Cruise trips.
You’ll earn 1x points on all purchases and 2x points on all Princess purchases. You can redeem points for bonuses such as:
- Statement credits. Use points to pay for purchases on spending toward eligible cruise lines, including Princess Cruises, Holland America Line and Carnival Cruise Lines.When you use points as statement credit for Princess spending, they’re worth 1% to 2%. Your points are worth more based on how many you redeem.
- Onboard amenities. These will be delivered to you during your cruise.
- Travel redemptions. When you book through Barclaycard Loyalty Edge, redeem points for airfare, car rentals and hotels.
- Gift cards, gift certificates and merchandise. These can be shipped anywhere in the US, Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico.Redeeming points for Princess purchases can be a great value — especially if you accumulate lots of points for a big spending spree. And Loyalty Edge redemptions give points a lot of flexibility.
Is the card worth getting?
It’s much easier to recommend this card if you travel often with Princess Cruises. The 2x earnings for Princess spending is a tough deal to pass up.
Unfortunately, the card doesn’t come with many benefits. Yes, you’ll benefit from no foreign transaction fees and a decently long intro APR for balance transfers. But beyond accelerated rewards for Princess spending, it doesn’t offer Princess-specific perks. Even when the card costs nothing, this seems like a missed opportunity.
Through normal spending, it’ll take much longer to accumulate a meaningful amount of points. If you’re an occasional cruiser, consider general travel cards like the BankAmericard Travel Rewards for 1.5x points on all spending or the Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard for 2x miles on all spending.
- Signup bonus: 10,000 bonus points.
After you make your first purchase, you’ll earn 10,000 bonus rewards.
- Rewards: Earn points on all purchases, and more on Princess purchases.
On all purchases, you’ll earn one point per dollar you spend. On Princess purchases, you’ll earn two points per dollar you spend.Redeem points for cruise amenities, gift cards and discounted airfare. You can also redeem points for statement credits toward Princess Cruises, Holland America Line, Carnival Cruise Lines, Costa Cruises, Cunard Line, the Yachts of Seabourn, P&O Cruises and AIDA Cruises.
- No annual fee.
You’ll also like …
- No foreign transaction fees. Use your card internationally without incurring fees.
- Intro balance transfer APR. Get 0% APR for the first fifteen billing cycles on balance transfers that post within the first 45 days.
- Concierge service. Call Visa for assistance with dining, travel and entertainment reservations.
- Access to your FICO score. Get free access to your FICO credit score and receive alerts when your score changes.
- $0 Fraud Liability protection. You’re not responsible for unauthorized charges you report to Visa.
What to watch out for
- Potentially high APR. Depending on your credit, you could have a purchase and balance transfer APR as high as 15.24%, 20.24% or 25.24% variable.
- Higher APR for cash advances. Cash advances come with a 26.49% variable APR.
- Other fees. The card has balance transfer and cash advance fees.
- Penalty fees. Late and returned payments can hurt: you’ll pay up to $37.00.
What should I know before I apply?
To apply for the Princess Cruises Rewards Visa Card, you must be at least 18 years old and a US resident. Residents of Puerto Rico and US territories are not eligible.
Always consider your options and your financial situation before you apply for a credit card.
Information you’ll need
- Full name and contact information
- Residential status
- Annual income and employment information
- Social Security number, date of birth and mother’s maiden name
What credit score do I need?
You’ll have a better chance of approval for the Princess Cruises Rewards Visa Card if you apply with a good to excellent credit score of 680 or higher.
How to apply for the Princess Cruises Rewards Visa Card
1. Go to the Barclaycard Princess Cruises Rewards Visa Card site and click Apply Now.
2. Complete the application with details like your name, contact information, employment information and Social Security number. Then click Apply to submit your application.
How long will it take to be approved?
Typically, you’ll receive an immediate decision on your application. In rare cases, you may need to wait a few days to a few weeks until Barclaycard manually approves your application.
I got the card. Now what?
- Make timely payments. Pay your bill online at the Barclaycard website, where you can also enroll in autopay.
- Avoid interest. After the close of each billing cycle, you have a grace period of 23 days to pay your balance. If you do, you won’t pay interest on your purchases.
- Avoid fees. Late and returned payments come with hefty fees of up to $37. Balance transfers and cash advances also come with fees.
- Customer service. If you have questions, contact Barclaycard customer service at 866-928-8598.
This card may be the right pick if you’re a frequent Princess cruiser — especially with no annual fee. If you’re an occasional cruiser, consider a general travel card like the BankAmericard Travel Rewards or Barclaycard Arrival Plus World Elite Mastercard.