Premier Members Credit Union Student Credit Card review
A frills-free student card from this east coast credit union.
- Get this card if you’re a student and you feel more comfortable sticking with Premier Members Credit Union.
- Pick something else if you want a student card that offers a signup bonus or rewards, or you want a card from a larger provider.
- Apply with a fair credit score of 580 or greater.
Purchase APR (variable)
Recommended credit score
Steven Dashiell is a writer at Finder specializing in all things credit cards. With more than 300 articles under his belt, he aims to help readers embrace credit cards and maximize their rewards. Steve is studying to become a Certified Educator in Personal Finance, and is a frequent face on Finder’s YouTube channel, offering the latest in credit card hacks and advice. His expertise has been featured on numerous outlets, including U.S. News & World Report, Time, CBS, Fox Business, Lifehacker, Martha Stewart Living and more.
Like many student cards from smaller credit unions, the Premier Members Credit Union Student Credit Card doesn’t offer much in the way of perks and pizazz. It requires no annual fee but offers no rewards or signup bonus and doesn’t offer any form of 0% intro APR.
Even by the market standards of student credit cards, this is an incredibly barebones card. It isn’t difficult to find a student card that earns at least 1% back. In fact, student cards are only getting stronger, with Capital One releasing two new student versions of the SavorOne and Quicksilver that are comparable in power to their standard versions. To have no rewards or notable perks at all puts this card well behind the pack in value.
If you’re looking for a student credit card, there are plenty of better options on the market to look at before turning to this one.
Apply for the Premier Members Credit Union Student Credit Card at the Premier Members site
You can apply for the Premier Members Credit Union Student Credit Card by doing the following.
- Go to the provider's site and click Apply now.
- Mouse over Loans & credit cards on the top menu and select Student credit cards.
- Select Apply online.
- Select Login to apply for a loan if you’re an existing member. If not, select Apply for a loan online.
- Fill out the requested information and select Submit.
If you’re not a member of the Premier Members Credit Union, you’ll need to sign up before you can apply. You can do this during the student card application process.
Premier Members Credit Union Student Credit Card benefits
- No annual fee. You won’t pay an annual fee to use this credit card.
- Low APR. This card has a variable APR starting at 9.15%. This is lower than the industry average of 16% APR.
- Digital wallet support. You can add this card to various digital wallets such as Apple Pay and Android Pay.
Premier Members Credit Union Student Credit Card drawbacks
- No rewards. This card doesn’t offer rewards on purchases.
- No intro APR. You won’t find an intro APR on purchases or balance transfers with this card.
Premier Members Credit Union Student Credit Card customer reviews and complaints
Premier Members Credit Union is accredited with the Better Business Bureau and earns an A+ rating as of September 2021, though it only has four customer reviews – befitting of its small size. The credit union isn’t listed on Trustpilot as of September 2021.
Compare student credit cards
Explore your options by minimum deposit required, purchase APR, annual fee and minimum credit score. Select the Apply now button to start your application for a particular card.
There’s nothing remarkable about the Premier Members Credit Union Student Credit Card, and you should strive to first apply for a competing student card that offers some more value, such as rewards, a signup bonus or an intro APR. Take a quick look at your student card options to find one that can better serve your financial needs.