Navy Federal Go Rewards Card review
Use the Navy Federal goRewards card to earn accelerated points at restaurants and on gas purchases.
- Get this card if you are affiliated with the military and you often dine out.
- Pick something else if you want accelerated rewards on other categories.
- Apply with a fair credit score of 580 or higher.
3x points at restaurants 2x points on gas and 1x points on everything else
8.99% to 18% variable
Minimum Credit Score
Kliment Dukovski is an investments writer who has written over 600 articles to help readers find and compare the best financial options. Kliment has also written on money transfers, home loans and more. Previously, he ghostwrote guides and articles on foreign exchange, stock market trading and cryptocurrencies.
The Navy Federal Go Rewards Card comes with a $0 annual fee and a rewards program with 3x points at restaurants, 2x points on gas and 1x points on all other purchases. Also, you won’t pay any fees on balance transfers, foreign transactions and cash advances.
Another money-saving feature is the 1.99% intro APR period on balance transfers and purchases for your first 12 months. After that, your rate reverts to variable 8.99% to 18% depending on your creditworthiness. This is by far one of the lowest interest rates you can find in a rewards credit card. Plus, you don’t need an excellent credit score for approval; you can apply with a credit score as low as 580.
How to apply for the Navy Federal Go Rewards Card?
You must be a Navy Federal Credit Union member to apply for the card.
- Once you are a member, visit the Navy Federal Credit Union website and sign in to your account.
- Locate the Navy Federal Go Rewards Card.
- Click Apply and fill out the application form.
- Review the form and submit.
Navy Federal Union Membership eligibility
Your NFCU membership is for life. While you can transition from your military service to a civilian career, you must keep your accounts open. Otherwise, you’ll have to meet the eligibility criteria if you decide to rejoin the union.
To be eligible for Navy Federal Credit Union Membership, you must be one of the following:
- Active duty, retired or a veteran
- Marine Corps
- Air Force
- Coast Guard
- Delayed Entry Program (DEP)
- Air National Guard
- DoD reservists
- DoD officer candidate/ROTC
- Department of Defence civilians
- DoD civilian employees
- US Government employees assigned to DoD installations
- DoD contractors
- DoD civilian retirees and annuitants
- Family members
- Parents and grandparents
- Children and grandchildren
- Household members
What credit score do I need?
Apply with a fair credit score of 580 or higher.
- Earn points. Earn 3x points at restaurants, 2x points on gas, and 1x points on all other purchases.
- Intro APR period on balance transfers and purchases. This card sports a 1.99% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for the first 12 months following your account opening. After that, a variable APR of 8.99% to 18% applies.
- Few fees. This card doesn’t carry foreign transaction fees, balance transfer fees or fees on cash advances. You also won’t pay an annual fee to use this card.
- Easy to qualify for. You can apply for this card with a credit score as low as 580.
What to watch out for
- No signup bonus. Unlike many rewards cards, this card doesn’t offer a signup bonus.
- NFCU members only. You can only apply for this credit card if you’re a member of the Navy Federal Credit Union.
Compare credit cards with military benefits
The Navy Federal Go Rewards Card is a solid rewards credit card, especially if you don’t have a stellar credit score. Aside from earning accelerated points at restaurants and gas, you’ll save money on fees as the card has no annual fee, no cash advance fees, no balance transfer fees and no foreign transaction fees.
But if you don’t find this card appealing, check out other credit cards with rewards and compare your options.