Navy Federal Credit Union® Visa Signature® Flagship Rewards Credit Card review
Earn 2x points on purchases and accelerated points when you spend on travel.
- Get this card if you are affiliated with the military and want a rewards credit card.
- Pick something else if you want an intro APR period on balance transfers and purchases.
- Apply with a good to an excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
Points as welcome offer
Up to 3x
for the first year ($49 thereafter)
9.99% to 18%
Purchase APR (variable)
|Annual fee||$0 intro annual fee for the first year ($49 thereafter)|
|Welcome Offer||50,000 points after spending $4,000 in the first 90 days|
|Rewards||3x points on travel and 2x points on everything else|
|Purchase APR||9.99% to 18% variable|
|Balance transfer APR||9.99% to 18% variable|
|Recommended minimum credit score||670|
Kliment Dukovski is a credit cards and investments writer. He's written over 600 articles to help readers find and compare the best credit cards. Kliment has also written on money transfers, home loans and more. Previously, he ghostwrote guides and articles on foreign exchange, stock market trading and cryptocurrencies.
Anyone affiliated with the military looking for a strong rewards credit card might want to consider the Navy Federal Credit Union® Visa Signature® Flagship Rewards Credit Card. It is one of the rare rewards cards that let you earn 2x points on all purchases. In addition, you can earn more points on travel purchases, get a generous signup bonus and you won’t pay any foreign transaction fees if you travel abroad. However, you must have a military affiliation to apply.
How to apply for the Navy Federal Credit Union® Visa Signature® Flagship Rewards Credit Card
- First, you must be a Navy Federal Credit Union member.
- Once you’re a member, visit the Navy Federal Credit Union website and sign in to your account.
- Locate the Navy Federal Credit Union® Visa Signature® Flagship Rewards Credit Card.
- Click Apply now and fill out the application form.
- Review the form and submit.
Are you eligible for Navy Federal Credit Union membership?
You are eligible to join the credit union if you are:
- Active duty, retired or a veteran. This includes the Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard and Delayed Entry Program (DEP); Air National Guard; DoD reservists; DoD officer candidate/ROTC and veterans, retirees and annuitants.
- Family members. Parents, grandparents, spouses, siblings, children, grandchildren and household members.
- Department of Defence civilians. DoD civilian employees, US Government employees assigned to DoD installations, DoD contractors and DoD civilian retirees and annuitants.
What credit score do I need?
To increase your chances of approval, apply with a good to excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
- Signup bonus. Earn 50,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 in your first 90 days of account opening. This is worth $500 in redemption value.
- Reward points. Earn 3x points on travel purchases and 2x points on everything else you buy. This is an excellent rate considering most cards offer up to 1.5x points on all purchases.
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck fee credit. Receive up to $100 in statement credit to cover the application fee of Global Entry or TSA PreCheck. You get this perk once every four years.
- No fees. You won’t pay foreign transaction fees, no cash advance fees and no balance transfer fees.
What to watch out for
- Annual fee. You get a $0 intro annual fee for the first year only. After that, you’ll pay $49 annually. Considering the value you can get from the rewards program, you can easily offset the annual fee.
- No intro APR period. If you’re looking to save money on interest, look for 0% intro APR credit cards.
Compare military credit cards
If you have a military affiliation and want a solid rewards credit card, the Navy Federal Credit Union® Visa Signature® Flagship Rewards Credit Card could be worth considering. It offers a relatively high rewards rate on all purchases and accelerated points on travel purchases.
If this card doesn’t fit your needs, compare other credit cards to find something that better suits you.