Navy Federal More Rewards American Express® Card review
Get one of the biggest welcome offers on a no-annual-fee card.
- Get this card if you’re a Navy Federal Credit Union member who wants to earn points on groceries, gas and dining.
- Pick something else if you want a 0% intro APR period.
- Apply with a good to excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
Points as welcome offer
Up to 3x
Intro purchase APR
for the first 12 months (then 11.15% to 18% variable)
|Welcome Offer||25,000 points after spending $3,000 in the first 90 days|
|Rewards||3x points at supermarkets and gas stations, 3x at restaurants and 1x on all other purchases|
|Purchase APR||0% intro for the first 12 months (then 11.15% to 18% variable)|
|Balance transfer APR||0% intro for the first 6 months (then 11.15% to 18% variable)|
|Recommended minimum credit score||670|
Kliment Dukovski is a credit cards and investments writer. He's written over 600 articles to help readers find and compare the best credit cards. Kliment has also written on money transfers, home loans and more. Previously, he ghostwrote guides and articles on foreign exchange, stock market trading and cryptocurrencies.
But not everyone can apply — you must be affiliated with the military to become a member of this credit union.
How to apply for the Navy Federal More Rewards American Express® Card
To apply for the card, you must be a Navy Federal Credit Union member. Once you are:
- Visit the Navy Federal Credit Union website and locate the card.
- Click Apply and sign in.
- Fill out the application form.
- Review the form and submit.
What credit score do I need?
You need a good to excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
Are you eligible for Navy Federal Credit Union membership?
To be eligible for this credit union membership you need to be:
- Active duty, retired or a veteran.
Army, Marine Corps, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard and Delayed Entry Program (DEP); Air National Guard; DoD reservists; DoD officer candidate/ROTC and veterans, retirees and annuitants.
- Family members.
Parents, grandparents, spouses, siblings, children, grandchildren and household members.
- Department of Defense civilians.
DoD civilian employees, US Government employees assigned to DoD installations, DoD contractors and DoD civilian retirees and annuitants.
- Welcome offer. Earn one of the most generous welcome offers possible with a no-annual-fee card — 25,000 bonus points after you spend $3,000 in the first 90 days of account opening. That’s worth in redemption value according to Navy Federal Credit Union website.
- Reward points. Earn 3x points at supermarkets and gas stations, 3x points at restaurants, and 1x points on all other purchases you make with the card.
- Potentially low APR. You can get a variable APR of 11.15% to 18% based on your creditworthiness.
- Intro APR on purchases. Use 0% intro APR period on purchases for your first 12 months of card membership. After the intro period expires, your rate reverts to variable 11.15% to 18%.
- Limited fees. This card waives some of the most common fees, including your annual fee, foreign transaction fees, balance transfer fees and cash advance fees when making withdrawals at Navy FCU ATMs.
What to watch out for
- No intro 0% APR period. Compare 0% intro APR credit cards if that’s something you’re looking for.
Compare rewards credit cards
If you’re affiliated with the military and you want a credit card with accelerated points on everyday purchases, the Navy Federal More Rewards American Express® Card is definitely worth considering.
However, if this card doesn’t seem right for you, compare other credit card options to find the right card for your wallet.