A card offering a strong signup bonus and high point earnings for a variety of business spending.
- Get this card if you stay at Marriott properties often or want to save up for an occasional Marriott stay.
- Pick something else if you don’t stay at Marriott properties.
- Recommended good to excellent credit range of 680 to 850 to apply.
|Product Name||Marriott Rewards® Premier Business credit card|
|Balance Transfer Rate (not intro)||17.24% to 24.24% variable|
|APR for Purchases ( Purchase Rate )||17.24% to 24.24% variable|
|Cash Advance Rate||26.24% variable|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 20 days|
|Returned Payment Fee||$39|
|Minimum Credit Score||Fair (660-699)|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Returned Payment Fee||$39|
|Late Payment Fee||$39|
|Cash Advance Fee||$15 or 5% of the amount of each transaction, whichever is greater|
If you’re looking for a hotel card, Marriott Rewards Premier Business is an attractive choice. It comes with an outstanding signup bonus: 75,000 points if you spend $3,000 in the first three months. That’s enough for 10 free stays at Marriott, given that free nights start at 7,500 apiece for Category 1 hotels. You’ll even have enough to book a night at a Category 9 hotel, which starts at 45,000 points.
What is a Marriott hotel category?
Marriott organizes its hotel in Categories 1 through 9. Categories don’t reflect star ratings, quality or service — rather, they indicate how many points you’ll need to earn a free night.
Categories generally represent levels of accommodations, such as a roadside or resort hotel, and vary by city. Which means that a Residence Inn in one neighborhood might be Category 1 — requiring only 7,500 points for a free night — but Category 3 elsewhere, requiring 15,000 points.
If you stay at Marriott often, you’ll earn even more: 5x points at Marriott Rewards and Starwood Preferred Guest hotels. That’s in addition to the 10x points you’ll earn as a Marriott Rewards member at most Marriott properties. Needless to say, the Marriott Rewards Card is a powerful points machine if you’re a Marriott regular.
Your company can benefit from this card for spending in the right categories, even if you don’t stay at Marriott much. You’ll earn 2x points at car rental agencies, restaurants and office supply stores and on airline tickets, Internet, cable and phone service. You’ll earn 1x points on everything else you buy. For many business owners, those earnings are good enough for at least a few free Marriott nights each year.
Additionally, you’ll earn a free night at a Category 1–5 hotel each year you remain a cardholder. You’ll automatically earn enough Elite credits to attain Silver status in the Marriott Rewards program, with an automatic upgrade to Gold if you spend $50,000 on your card each year. Finally, you’ll get travel and purchase coverage, such as trip cancellation coverage and purchase protection.
And you get all of these perks for a $99 p.a. annual fee.
- SIGNUP BONUS: Lots of points. You’ll receive 75,000 points when you spend $3,000 in the first three months to spend on stays at any Marriott property.
- POINTS: More points on travel. Earn 5x points at Marriott Rewards and Starwood Preferred Guest hotels. Earn 2x points at car rental agencies, restaurants and office supply stores and on airline tickets, Internet, cable and phone service. And earn 1x points on everything else you buy.
- HOTEL STAYS: A free night every year. Every year after your cardmember anniversary, you’ll earn a free night at a Category 1–5 hotel in the Marriott collection.
- ANNIVERSARY BONUS: Marriott Rewards accelerators. Each year you have your card, you’ll receive 15 Elite credits — that’s enough to qualify for Silver Elite status. Also receive one credit for every $3,000 you spend with your card.
You’ll also like …
- Marriott Rewards Gold Elite status after hitting spending requirements. Each year that you spend at least $50,000 with your card, you’ll earn complimentary Gold Elite status in Marriott Rewards.
- No foreign transaction fees. Use your Marriott Rewards Premier card internationally without paying transaction fees.
- Travel and purchase coverage. Enjoy benefits like baggage delay insurance, lost luggage reimbursement, trip cancellation insurance and trip delay reimbursement along with purchase protection.
- Access to Visa Concierge. Use the Visa Signature Concierge to make plans in dining and entertainment.
What to watch out for
- It hurts to pay late. Making late or returned payments could result in fees as high as $39.
- Points expiration. Your points expire if you don’t make a purchase on your card at least once every 24 months.
Consider other cards if …
- You want cash back. You have many excellent business cash back cards to choose from.
- You don’t stay at Marriott. The Marriott Rewards Premier is a good value if you plan to stay at least one night at a Marriott property each year. But if you never stay at Marriott hotels, look for a different hotel credit card — or go with a general travel card like the Chase Sapphire Preferred or the Barclaycard Arrival Plus.”
Compare other Chase credit cards
What should I know before I apply?
To apply for the Marriott Rewards Premier Business credit card, you must be at least 18 years old (or 19 in Alabama and Nebraska).
Always consider your options and your financial situation before you apply for a credit card.
Information you’ll need
- The legal name of your business and details on your business category, number of employees, years in business, business mailing address and annual business revenue
- Your tax ID number
- Your full name and contact information
- Your residential status
- Your annual income, source of income and employment information
- Your Social Security number and mother’s maiden name
What credit score do I need?
You’ll have a better chance of being approved for the Marriott Rewards Premier Business card if you apply with a good to excellent credit score of 680 or higher.
How to apply for the Marriott Rewards Premier Business card
1. Go to the Chase website and click Apply Now.
2. Complete the application with your name, address, annual income, Social Security number and business information. Then review your application and submit it.
How long will it take to be approved?
Because conditional approval is automated on the Chase website, you’ll often get a decision immediately. In some cases, you’ll need to wait a few days to a few weeks to receive a response.
I got the card. Now what?
- Make timely payments. Pay your card bill online at the Chase website, where you can also enroll in autopay.
- Avoid interest. After the close of each billing cycle, you have a grace period of 20 days to pay your balance. If you do, you won’t pay interest on your purchases.
- Avoid fees. Late and returned payments come with hefty fees of up to $39. Balance transfers and cash advances also come with fees.
- Customer service. If you have questions, contact Chase support at 800-432-3117, send a secured email from your account or connect on Twitter @ChaseSupport.
Offering points for a variety of business spending, the Marriott Rewards® Premier Business credit card is an excellent way to earn free Marriott nights. Before you may any decisions compare other Chase credit cards.