Get late checkout and 10% bonus points on your Marriott hotel stays.
- Get this card if you want to earn Marriott points without paying an annual fee.
- Pick something else if you want a general travel card or a card with an intro APR period.
- Apply with a good to an excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
|Product Name||Marriott Bonvoy Bold™ credit card|
|Standard Purchase APR||18.24% to 25.24% variable|
|Intro Purchase APR|
|Standard Balance Transfer APR||18.24% to 25.24% variable|
|Intro Balance Transfer APR|
|Balance Transfer Fee||$5 or 5% of the transaction, whichever is greater|
|Cash Advance Rate||27.24% variable|
|Cash Advance Fee||$10 or 5% of the cash advance amount, whichever is greater|
|Foreign Transaction Fee||None|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 21 days|
|Late Payment Fee||Up to $39|
|Returned Payment Fee||Up to $39|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Welcome Offer||50,000 bonus points|
after you spend $2,000 on purchases in your first 3 months from your account opening.
|Rewards||3X points for every $1 spent at over 6,900 participating Marriott Bonvoy™ hotels, 2X points for every $1 you spend on other travel purchases (from airfare to taxis and trains), 1X point for every $1 you spend on all other purchases and your points don't expire as long as you make purchases on your credit card every 24 months.|
If you want to earn a generous signup bonus and get accelerated points on Marriott hotel stays and travel purchases, conisder the Marriott Bonvoy Bold™ credit card. This entry-level Marriott card also gives you enough elite night credits each year to keep you at Silver Elite status within the program.
However, if you’re looking to make balance transfers or carry a balance interest-free, this card may not be the right fit for you.
Another no-annual-fee hotel card
Hilton Honors American Express CardRead more
- Signup bonus. Earn 50,000 bonus points when you spend $2,000 within your first 3 months of account opening.
- Reward points. Earn 3x points at more than 6,900 Marriott hotels, 2x points on travel purchases and 1x points on everything else you buy.
- Elite night credits. Get 15 elite night credits when you open your account. You’ll also be credited the same number of credits every calendar year, which is enough to stay at Silver Elite status. This comes with benefits such as late checkout and 10% bonus points on your stays.
- No foreign transaction fees. Skip the fees on purchases when you use the card abroad. This makes the card a solid traveling companion.
- No annual fee. Earn Marriott points on your stays without paying an annual fee for the life of the card.
What to watch out for
- No intro APR period. The card offers solid rewards, but you won’t save money on interest by carrying your balance or making a balance transfer. Consider 0% intro APR credit cards if that’s what you need.
- Signup bonus eligibility. If own any Marriot Bonvoy credit card or if you have owned one in the past 24 months, you aren’t eligible to earn this card’s signup bonus.
Compare travel rewards cards
How to apply for Marriott Bonvoy Bold™ credit card
- Visit the Chase website and locate the card.
- Click Apply now.
- Fill out the application form.
- Review the form and submit.
What credit score do I need?
You need a good credit score of 670 or higher.
If you frequently travel and stay at Marriott hotels and resorts, the Marriott Bonvoy Bold™ credit card could be a solid addition to your wallet. You will earn accelerated points on Marriot hotel stays and on travel purchases without paying an annual fee, and you can earn a generous signup bonus.
However, if you don’t think this is a good card for you, check out other travel cards with no annual fee and compare your options.