Lake Michigan Credit Union Prime Platinum Visa Credit Card review
A no-annual-fee credit card with low interest rates.
- Get this card if you often carry a balance.
- Pick something else if you want to earn rewards on your purchases.
- Apply with a good to excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
Purchase APR (variable)
Recommended credit score
Kliment Dukovski is a credit cards writer. He's written over 600 articles to help readers find and compare the best credit cards. Kliment has also written on money transfers, home loans and more. Previously, he ghostwrote guides and articles on foreign exchange, stock market trading and cryptocurrencies.
The Lake Michigan Credit Union Prime Platinum Visa Credit Card is a simple credit card with a $0 annual fee, a low APR starting from 7.25% variable and a high credit line of up to $25,000. Of course, to get the lowest APR and the highest credit line, you need an excellent credit score of 740 or higher.
Unfortunately, you won’t find a rewards program, there’s no signup bonus and no 0% intro APR period on balance transfers, purchases or both.
If you frequently carry a balance and you want to pay the lowest possible fees, the Lake Michigan Credit Union Prime Platinum Visa Credit Card is definitely worth considering. But if you always pay your balance on time, there are better credit cards that reward you for spending.
How to apply for the Lake Michigan Credit Union Prime Platinum Visa Credit Card?
- Visit the Lake Michigan Credit Union website.
- Locate the Lake Michigan Credit Union Prime Platinum Visa Credit Card.
- Click Apply online and fill out the application form.
- Review the form and submit.
Are you eligible for Lake Michigan Credit Union membership?
To be eligible for the union’s membership, you need to:
- Live in an eligible location. This includes anywhere in Michigan’s lower peninsula or anywhere in Florida.
- Be a family of LMCU members. Immediate family members to LMCU members are eligible for the union’s membership regardless of the state of residency.
- Make a donation. One-time $5 donation to the ALS foundation if you live in a state other than Michigan or Florida makes you eligible for the union’s membership.
What credit score do I need?
This card requires a slightly higher credit score of 670 or better.
Compare credit cards
The Lake Michigan Credit Union Prime Platinum Visa Credit Card is a simple no-annual-fee card with low interest rates and potentially high credit limit. This makes the card ideal for anyone looking to carry their balance.
But if you rarely carry your balance, consider no-annual-fee credit cards with rewards and compare your options.