A great choice for loyal JetBlue flyers, with strong point multiples and attractive perks on JetBlue flights.
Known for: Great rewards for JetBlue regulars
Minimum credit score: 670 (Fair)
If you’re a JetBlue regular, the JetBlue Plus Card may be a perfect fit. The card stocks a bevy of features for all things JetBlue, including lots of bonus points, free checked bags, in-flight discounts and 10% of your points back each time you redeem TrueBlue points.
|Product Name||JetBlue Plus Card|
|APR (Annual Percentage Rate) for Purchases||17.99%, 21.99% or 26.99% variable|
|Introductory Balance Transfer APR||0% for the first 12 billing cycles (then 17.99%, 21.99% or 26.99% variable)|
|Balance Transfer Fee||$5 or 3% of the transaction, whichever is greater|
|Cash Advance Rate||27.24% variable|
|Foreign Transaction Fee||None|
|Cash Advance Fee||$10 or 5% of the cash advance amount, whichever is greater|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 23 days|
|Late Payment Fee||$37|
|Returned Payment Fee||$37|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Welcome Offer||Earn 40,000 bonus points after you spend $1,000 on purchases in the first 90 days.|
|Reward Value per Dollar||1x miles|
|Rewards Points Expiry||Never|
The JetBlue Plus Card at a glance
- Card name: JetBlue Plus Card
- Card type: Mastercard
- Bonus points on sign-up: 40,000
- Bonus points conditions: Spend $1,000 in the first 90 days
- Reward points per dollar: 6x points at JetBlue; 2x points on dining and groceries; 1x point on everything else
- Reward points cap: No cap
- Points expiration: No expiration
Purchases, balance transfers and cash advances
- APR for purchases (purchase rate): 17.99%, 21.99% or 26.99% variable based on your credit history
- Intro APR for balance transfers: 0%
- Intro rate period: First 12 billing cycles following each balance transfer (must be posted within 45 days of account opening)
- Balance transfer revert rate: 17.99%, 21.99% or 26.99% variable based on your credit history
- Balance transfer request time: Up to 45 days on approval
- Balance transfer limit: Up to available credit limit
- Cash advance rate: 27.24%
- Annual fee: $99
- Balance transfer fee: $5 or 3%, whichever is greater
- Cash advance fee: $10 or 5% of the cash advance amount, whichever is greater
- Foreign transaction fee: 0%
- Late payment fee: Up to $37
- Returned payment fee: Up to $37
- Minimum interest: $0.5
The JetBlue Plus Card will reward you heartily if you fly often on JetBlue. With a 6x multiple on JetBlue spending, you’ll quickly rack up a trove of TrueBlue points. The card offers several other perks to entice more in-house spending, like your first checked bag free on JetBlue flights, 10% of your points back each time you redeem and 50% off in-flight purchases.
- 40,000-point introductory bonus. If you spend $1,000 in the first 90 days, you’ll earn 40,000 bonus TrueBlue points.
- 6x points on JetBlue spending. For each dollar you spend at JetBlue, you’ll earn 6 points.
- 2x points on dining and groceries. For each dollar you spend at restaurants and grocery stores, you’ll earn 2 points.
- 1x points on everything else. For each dollar you spend in all other categories, you’ll earn 1 point.
- 0% introductory APR on balance transfers. For balance transfers you make within the first 45 days, you’ll receive a 0% APR for 12 billing cycles.
- Free first checked bag on JetBlue flights. When you purchase your flight with your JetBlue Plus Card, you and up to three travel companions will get your first checked bag free.
- TrueBlue perks. As a member of JetBlue’s TrueBlue program, you can use your points without blackout dates. You can also redeem your points for any seat, and your points don’t expire.
- 5,000 bonus points every year. Every year after your account anniversary, you’ll receive 5,000 complimentary TrueBlue points.
- Qualify for TrueBlue Mosaic after $50,000 in spending. Each calendar year you spend $50,000 with your card, you’ll qualify for a year of TrueBlue Mosaic. Mosaic benefits include no change or cancellation fees, first and second checked bags free and early boarding.
- 10% of your points back when you redeem points.
- No foreign transaction fees. Use your card internationally without incurring fees.
- $100 statement credit with the purchase of a JetBlue Getaways vacation package.
- 50% off in-flight purchases. Receive 50% off eligible purchases, which includes beer, wine, JetBlue movies and meals.
- Fraud protection. You won’t be liable for unauthorized payments charged to your card.
What to watch out for
- $99 annual fee. To make the most of the card’s annual fee, consider whether you’ll take advantage of what the card offers — namely, taking a JetBlue flight at least every year or so.
- Higher cash advance rate. If you’re thinking about taking out a cash advance, know that doing so comes with a higher APR of 27.24% variable. You’ll also pay a cash advance fee of $10 or 5% of the cash advance amount, whichever is greater
- Ongoing rate for balance transfers. You’ll receive 0% APR on balance transfers for the first 12 billing cycles. Afterward, the APR reverts to 17.99%, 21.99% or 26.99% variable based on your credit history.
- Multiple APRs for purchases and balance transfers. Depending on your creditworthiness, you could qualify for a lower-than-average APR of 17.99%, 21.99% or 26.99% variable.
- Balance transfer fees. Though you’ll get a 0% intro APR on balance transfers you make within the first 45 days, you’ll pay a fee per transfer of either $5 or 3%, whichever is higher.
Compare other Barclaycard credit cards
Am I eligible?
Thinking about applying for the JetBlue Plus Card? We recommend meeting these requirements before applying:
- Fair to excellent credit (670+). Since the JetBlue Plus Card is a rewards card, it’s recommended you apply with fairly strong credit.
- At least 18 years old and a resident of the United States. You can’t be approved for the card if you don’t meet these requirements.
What information do I need to apply?
- Your name, residential status and residential address
- Your employment information
- Your Social Security number and mother’s maiden name
- Your email address, phone number and date of birth
- Your annual income and other financial information
How to apply for the JetBlue Plus Card
- Hop over to JetBlue Plus Card application page.
- Click the “Apply now” button on the Barclaycard page.
- Complete the application with general information about yourself (name, address, residential status, etc.), financial information (employment, income, etc.) and contact information.
- Add a balance transfer, if you want to.
- Read the terms and conditions and click “Apply.”
I got the credit card! Now what?
To get the most out of your new card:
- Make monthly payments on time. Pay off your statements on time to avoid costly fees, which can come in at up to $37 each time you pay late.
- Set up automatic payments with Barclaycard. Just add an account you’ll be paying from and set a date on which the account will be billed each month.
- Keep track of when your balance transfer intro APR expires. On each balance transfer you make within the first 45 days, you’ll get a 12 billing cycles APR for 12 billing cycles. After that APR expires, however, any remaining balance will start accruing interest.
- Be careful with common fees. Though the JetBlue Plus Card comes with no foreign transaction fees, you will be charged transfer fees and cash advance fees.
- Make balance transfers quickly if you want to take advantage of the intro APR. Balance transfers qualify for the 0% intro APR if they’re posted within the first 45 days.
JetBlue Plus Card: The bottom line
The $99 annual fee might not be quite worth paying if you don’t fly on JetBlue much. But if you’re a JetBlue regular, you’ll find a lot to like about this card.