Earn double points at restaurants and grocery stores.
- Get this card if you often fly JetBlue.
- Pick something else if you prefer other airlines or if you want a general travel credit card.
- Apply with good to excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
|Product Name||JetBlue Plus Card|
|Standard Purchase APR||18.24%, 22.24% or 27.24% variable|
|Intro Purchase APR|
|Standard Balance Transfer APR||18.24%, 22.24% or 27.24% variable|
|Intro Balance Transfer APR||0% for the first 12 billing cycles (then 18.24%, 22.24% or 27.24% variable)|
|Balance Transfer Fee||$5 or 3% of the transaction, whichever is greater|
|Cash Advance Rate||27.49% variable|
|Cash Advance Fee||$10 or 5% of the cash advance amount, whichever is greater|
|Foreign Transaction Fee||None|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 23 days|
|Late Payment Fee||Up to $37|
|Returned Payment Fee||Up to $37|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Welcome Offer||40,000 bonus points after spending $1,000 on purchases in the first 90 days|
|Rewards||6x points on JetBlue, 2x points at restaurants and grocery stores and 1x points on everything else|
|Base Rewards||1x miles|
|Rewards Points Expiry||Never|
The JetBlue Plus Card can be an excellent choice if you often fly JetBlue. The signup bonus alone could be enough to cover your annual fee for a few years. You can earn points on flights, get a long intro APR period on balance transfers, get bonus points on your card anniversary and save money on your first checked bag.
Another airline card
Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American ExpressRead more
- Signup bonus.
Spend $1,000 in your first 90 days of card membership and earn 40,000 bonus points. This is one of the easiest signup bonuses you can get with a redemption value of up to $600 according to the Barclays site.
- Reward points.
Earn 6x points on JetBlue purchases, 2x points at restaurants and grocery stores and 1x points on everything else you buy.
- Intro balance transfer APR.
Get a 0% intro APR on balance transfers for the first 12 billing cycles from account opening. After that, a variable APR of 18.24%, 22.24% or 27.24% applies. This is one of the rare airline credit cards that comes with an intro APR period.
- First checked bag free.
First checked bags are normally $30 per bag, per flight. That means a family of four can use this perk and save $240.
Is the annual fee worth it?
The annual fee of $99 could be worth it if you use the card often. For example:
- Clear the $1000 signup bonus.
- Make two round trips and save on the first checked bag.
- Purchase a vacation package of $100 or more.
- Spend$1,000 at restaurants or grocery stores, or spend $334 on JetBlue flights and get the account anniversary bonus.
You’ll also like
- Account anniversary bonus.
Get 5,000 bonus points every year on your card anniversary. With a redemption value of up to $75, this quickly lowers the card’s annual cost.
- Points pooling.
You and up to six other family members or friends can choose to pool points together. The pool leader can then designate members who want to redeem points.
- No foreign transaction fees.
You’ll pay nothing in foreign transaction fees if you use your card while traveling abroad.
- In-flight savings.
Save 50% on eligible in-flight purchases including cocktails and food. Savings appear as a statement credit within four to six weeks after your transaction posts to your account.
- Vacation package statement credit.
Purchase a $100 or more vacation package with your card and get $100 in statement credit once every year.
- Points back upon redemption.
Get 10% points back after you redeem an award flight with JetBlue.
What to watch out for
- Annual fee.
The card comes with a $99 annual fee.
- Balance transfer limitations.
Balance transfers must post within your first 45 days of card membership to use the intro APR period.
- No intro APR on purchases.
The card offers intro APR period on balance transfers, but not on purchases. If that’s what you need, check out 0% intro APR credit cards.
- Taxes and fees on award flights.
Domestic flights come with fees and taxes of $5.60 for one-way and $11.20 for round-trip flights. International award flights cost $5.60 to $161.50 for one-way and $27.60 to $171.60 for round-trip flights.
Compare airline credit cards
What should I know before I apply?
People 18 years old and up can apply for the card with the following information:
- Full name and contact information.
- Residential address and time in the permanent address.
- Employment information and annual income.
- Date of birth, Social Security number and mother’s maiden name.
What credit score do I need?
Your chances of approval increase with a good to an excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
What do customers say about the JetBlue Plus Card?
Customers love the signup bonus and the value they get from the TrueBlue points. However, some say it took too long to get the bonus points applied to their account.
The Better Business Bureau rates Barclays with an A+. If you’re planning on using the bonus points for a trip, make sure you allow enough time for them to post to your account.
How to apply for the JetBlue Plus Card
- Go to JetBlue website and find the JetBlue Plus Card. Click Apply now.
- Fill out the application form.
- Review your application and submit.
How long will it take to get my JetBlue Plus Card?
Barclays can make an immediate decision on your application. But if they require additional information, it could take a few business days up to a few weeks.
Upon approval, expect your card to arrive in up to 10 business days.
I got the card. Now what?
- Download the Barclays US app. Use the app to access your FICO score, track your transactions and more.
- Download the JetBlue – Book & Manage trips mobile app. You can use the app as a boarding pass, to book flights, to track your TrueBlue points and more.
- Avoid paying interest and fees. Try to pay your balance on time. Otherwise, you’ll pay late payment fees and interest on your balance.
- Customer support. Call Barclays at 866-928-8598 for any questions you may have.
How do I redeem points from JetBlue Plus Card?
Log in to your online JetBlue account to redeem your points and click Book travel. Your options include:
- JetBlue flights
- Vacation packages
- Hawaiian Airlines flights
- Magazine subscriptions
- Transfer points
- Donate points
If you often fly JetBlue, this could be a solid card for you. You’ll save money on your first checked bag per flight, earn JetBlue TrueBlue points on your purchases and get to earn a generous signup bonus that can cover your annual fee for up to five years.
But if you often fly other airlines, you might want to compare other general airline credit card options to find a card that’s right for you.