Enjoy competitive exchange rates and minimal fees when transferring money overseas.
With free transfers available to more than 35 countries and multiple payment methods, XE aims to make international money transfers simple and affordable.
See how other services compare to XE Trade
Save money on your personal or business international money transfer today. Fill in the form and you’ll be contacted by a foreign exchange expert to have an obligation-free discussion about your options.
With over 17 years of foreign exchange expertise and over $100 billion transferred, OFX can help with all your currency exchange needs, including:
- Buying property abroad
- Regular overseas payments
- Risk management
- If the provider quotes a different rate to the one above please let us know
How can I send money overseas with XE?
Sending money overseas with XE Trade is simple and straightforward. The first step is to sign up for an account online — a quick process of providing your full name, country of residence and email address. To begin initiating transfers, you’ll need to provide two forms of ID.
You can then examine live currency exchange rates and enter the details of the amount you would like to send and where you wish to send it. Next, review the details of your transaction and lock in an exchange rate.
You can pay for your XE international money transfer from your bank account by:
- Wire transfer
- Internet payment
- Electronic funds transfer
Your recipient does not need to hold an account with XE Trade to access the funds you send, and they’ll receive the money in their bank account for each payment option.Back to top
What other products does XE Trade offer?
- Currency converter. Want to know current exchange rates? This easy-to-use tool can help.
- Currency charts. View how two currencies have performed against each other for a period of up to 10 years.
- XE Currency Data API. This product gives business around the world access to accurate exchange rates for more than 160 currencies.
- IBAN Calculator. Work out what any International Bank Account Number (IBAN) means with this handy calculator.
What are the pros and cons of using XE for foreign exchange?
- Currency specialists. XE specializes in all things currency, so you know you’re dealing with experts when you need to send money overseas.
- Payment options. Multiple payment options allows you to choose the transfer method that best suits you and your recipient.
- No fees. XE does not charge fees or commission on its international money transfers.
- No credit card transfers. Unlike many other money transfer providers, XE does not offer the option of paying for a transfer with your credit card.
What is XE?
XE offers forex tools and services to customers around the world. Founded in Canada in 1993, XE has grown into one of the world’s leading providers of foreign exchange solutions. As a Top 400 website it does business with millions of personal and business customers around the world.
Since 2002, XE Trade has handled in excess of $10 billion worth of global payments. It’s quick and easy to sign up for an XE Trade account, and you can receive an online quote for your transaction. It also uses the highest available level of browser encryption to ensure that all transfers are secure.
XE offers customers a convenient way of transferring money across international borders with minimal fees and flexible payment options.
Ultimately you’ll want to compare XE against other money transfer services to find the best deal for your situation.Back to top
Frequently asked questions
Is there an app that I can use to stay current on exchange rates?
Yes, XE offers several apps to help make it easy to stay abreast of market developments. The XE Currency App has been downloaded more than 25 million times worldwide.
How long do transfers take to process?
Transfer speeds vary depending on your transfer method and where you’re sending the money to. For example, wire transfers typically take from one to three business days, while electronic funds transfers take between two and four business days to arrive.
Are there any countries to which XE will not transfer funds?
XE is not permitted to handle transfers involving Belarus, Myanmar, the Ivory Coast, Cuba, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Iran, Iraq, Liberia, North Korea, Sudan or the Taliban Zimbabwe.
Does XE charge any transaction fees or commissions?
No, there are no transaction fees to worry about when you transfer funds with XE. Instead of charging commissions, this provider makes its mone,y on the spread it offers to customers.
Can I pay for a transfer using my credit card?
No. XE does not offer this option because merchant fees charged by credit card companies would greatly increase the cost of your transaction.
Which currencies can I trade?
XE allows you to convert money into most international currencies. Convert from 24 major international currencies that include the Australian dollar, US dollar, New Zealand dollar, British pound, Swiss franc, Japanese yen, euro and Canadian dollar. A full list of currencies is available through XE’s website.