With free transfers available to more than 170 countries and multiple payment methods, XE aims to make international money transfers simple and affordable.
Our pick: XE Money Transfer
XE specializes in a wide range of foreign currency solutions and offers an affordable solution when you need to send money overseas.
- Send money to 170+ countries.
- Competitive exchange rates that are often better than banks.
- Transfer up to $500,000 online.
- See exchange rates in real-time.
Limitless transfers and zero extra fees
You won’t face a commission or transfer fee when you send money abroad with XE. In some cases the service you use to pay XE may charge a fee, but these aren’t typical if you’re using a simple bank transfer or Automated Clearing House (ACH) payment.
On top of being fee-free, XE also doesn’t cap transfer amounts. You can send as much or as little as you want.
XE Money Transfer is best for:
- Low fees. $0 commissions and transfer fees are hard to beat.
- Bank-to-bank transfers. Cash pickup options aren’t available. You’ll only be able to send money to your recipient’s bank account.
- Those who have a little extra time. You may be required to submit up to two forms of identification before you’re able to send money.
What does it cost to transfer money with XE?
Fees and commissions are easy to keep track of with XE — there are none. You won’t pay a transfer fee when you use XE Money Transfer. It’s possible to incur a charge from a third-party when transferring your funds to XE or when funds are sent in a different currency.
What types of transfers can I make with XE?
Two types of transfer orders can be made with XE:
- One-off payments. Make a single transfer from your account.
- Market orders. Limit orders can be booked and edited online.
Payments for either can be made via bank transfer or ACH.
What countries and currencies are available?
XE allows you to convert from most currencies around the world, including:
- US dollar
- Australian dollar
- Emirati dirham
- Indian rupee
- Canadian dollar
- Swiss franc
- Czech koruna
- Denmark krone
- Papua New Guinean kina
- Solomon Islander dollar
- Fijian dollar
- Great Britain Pound
- Hong Kong dollar
- Hungarian forint
- Philippine peso
- Japanese yen
- Mexican peso
- Tongan pa’anga
- Samoan tala
- Norwegian krone
- New Zealand dollar
- Polish zloty
- Swedish krona
- Singapore dollar
- Thai baht
- Ni-Vanuatu vatu
- South African rand
- CFP franc
Are there any transfer limits?
You won’t be faced with any minimums when sending funds using XE. Online you can transfer up to $500,000, anymore than that and you’ll need to make the transfer via phone.
How can I send money overseas with XE?
Sending money overseas with XE Money Transfer is simple and straightforward. The first step is to sign up for an account online — a quick process of providing your full name, country of residence and email address. To begin initiating transfers, you’ll need to provide two forms of ID.
You can then examine live currency exchange rates and enter the details of the amount you would like to send and where you wish to send it. Next, review the details of your transaction and lock in an exchange rate.
Your recipient doesn’t need to hold an account with XE Money Transfer to access the funds you send, and they’ll receive the money in their bank account for each payment option. Transfers typically take between one and four business days.
What is XE?
XE offers forex tools and services to customers around the world. Founded in Canada in 1993, XE has grown into one of the world’s leading providers of foreign exchange solutions. As a Top 400 website it does business with millions of personal and business customers around the world.
Since 2002, XE has handled in excess of $10 billion worth of global payments. It’s quick and easy to sign up for an XE account, and you can receive an online quote for your transaction. It also uses the highest available level of browser encryption to ensure that all transfers are secure.
What other products does XE offer?
- Currency converter. Want to know current exchange rates? This easy-to-use tool can help.
- Currency charts. View how two currencies have performed against each other for a period of up to 10 years.
- XE Currency Data API. This product gives business around the world access to accurate exchange rates for more than 160 currencies.
- IBAN Calculator. Work out what any International Bank Account Number (IBAN) means with this handy calculator.
What are customers saying about XE?
XE is accredited with the Better Business Bureau (BBB), and has been since June of 2017. As of this writing it holds a rating of A+, with zero reviews.
Over 850 reviews have been submitted to TrustPilot, with 81% of them rating XE as Excellent. XE has a TrustScore of 9.3 out of 10 as of this writing.
Money transfer customer service can be contacted by phone or email. The toll-free number is 1-877-932-6640. XE also provides a full FAQ section on money transfers on its website where you might find your answer.
Compare XE Money Transfer with other global brands
Use our comparison calculator to assess transfer fees, exchange rates and other details for sending funds overseas with our money transfer partners.