Want to send a fast, affordable and secure international money transfer to Togo? Here’s how to do it.
From bank transfers and online transactions to options that allow recipients to collect your funds within minutes, sending an international money transfer to Togo is easy. However, do your research and shop around for the best available deal.
WorldRemit International Money Transfers
Send money to 110+ countries for bank deposit, instant e-wallet, mobile top-up or cash pickup at 30,000+ agent locations worldwide.
Your first transfer is free with the code FREE.
- Low upfront fees and exchange rates.
- Easy to use with round-the-clock help.
- Get cash to family and friends in minutes.
Banks versus money transfer companies
We use our banks to take care of all our other financial needs, so surely we should use them when we need to send an international money transfer, right? Not necessarily. While major U.S. banks offer money transfer services, they usually present less competitive exchange rates coupled with high transfer fees.
You can often save money by using the services of a dedicated money transfer company. These providers specialize in handling overseas money transfers, offering attractive exchange rates and affordable transfer fees.
Compare money transfer services to Togo
|Money transfer company 1||Money transfer company 2|
|Exchange rate||$1 USD = $585.060 XOF||$1 USD = $570.195 XOF|
|Transfer method||Cash pickup or bank account deposit||Cash pickup|
|Processing time||1 hour for cash pickup, 3-4 business days for bank deposit||10 minutes|
|Amount received (in XOF)||$585,060 XOF||$570,195 XOF|
As you can see, Nick can send almost $15,000 XOF extra (and avoid paying a transfer fee) if he uses the first company.
How to compare transfer companies when transferring money to Togo
- Exchange rates. How high (or low) is the company’s exchange rate when compared to the competition?
- Fees. How much will you have to pay per transfer, and does this amount differ based on the amount you send or the transfer method you select?
- Transfer methods. What do you need to do to place a transfer? Can you visit a website, make a phone call, visit a branch or use a smartphone app?
- Transfer options. Can you lock in an ideal exchange rate now and transfer the money later, known as a forward contract? Does the institution offer limit orders, which allows you to take advantage of changing market conditions by executing the money transfer when a certain exchange rate is met? Can you schedule recurring payments?
- Turnaround time. How long will the transfer take from the moment you hand over the cash to the moment your recipient can access the funds?
- Minimum limit. If a minimum transfer limit applies, how high is it? Is there a maximum transfer limit?
- Pickup methods. Can your beneficiary collect the cash from a transfer agent, or will they need to wait for it to be deposited into their bank account?
- Customer service. Can you rely on phone, email and online customer support if you ever need help?
Options for sending money to Togo from America
- Bank transfers. Transfer the funds from your American bank account to a bank account in Togo.
- Online money transfer providers. Companies like TransferMate can help you send secure and affordable transfers.
- Money transfer companies with cash pickup options. Western Union and MoneyGram offer fast and secure transfers, with the cash available for pickup from agent locations throughout Togo.
- Checks. Ask your bank about how to send a check overseas.
Emergency cash transfers in Togo
You’ve just had an urgent phone call from your family in Togo — they need money as soon as possible to settle a debt. Happily, sending an instant transfer is quite easy, but you will have to pay more for the privilege. Higher fees and poor exchange rates apply to emergency transfers, so make sure you closely check all the details of any transaction before you commit to it. This will prevent any nasty surprises when you realize you’ve paid much more than you wanted to.Back to topFind a money transfer location near youBack to top
Tips for picking up cash in Togo
- Avoid cash pickup locations in unsafe areas.
- Ask a friend to join you when you go to pick up the cash.
- Don’t display your cash in public.
- Don’t carry a large amount of cash around in your wallet – deposit it with your bank or in a hotel safe.
- Stay aware of your personal security at all times.
How to send money to Togo
The first step when sending a transfer is to provide a bit of information about yourself – name, contact information, address, etc. A valid form of photo ID, such as a driver’s license or a passport, will also be required.
Once that’s done you can provide details about your recipient (name, contact details) and your transaction, including the amount and currency you are transferring and where you wish to send it.
You can then pay for your transaction by cash, bank deposit, credit card or debit card, depending on the company you choose. Keep track of any reference number you are given so that you can check on the progress of your funds.