Compare your transfer options when sending money to Jordan.
World First International Money Transfers
Most Convenient money transfers with excellent customer service. Send to 140+ currencies in 45 countries.
Special $0 fee offer for finder.com readers:
Because World First is a trusted partner of finder.com, you can send your money transfer overseas for free.
- Enjoy competitive exchange rates.
- Get even better exchange rates with forward contracts and limit orders.
- Receive weekly updates on market exchange rates.
Compare money transfer services to Jordan
Use our comparison calculator to assess transfer fees, exchange rates and other details for sending funds to Jordan with our money transfer partners.
Banks versus money transfer companies
Before you consider using your bank for an international money transfer to Jordan, compare the rates and fees. Banks often offer poor exchange rates and charge high fees for overseas transfers, so even a small transfer can end up costing more than it should.
Consider online money transfer companies like World First, Ria and MoneyGram. They usually offer fast, fair and affordable transfers to Jordan, and countries world wide.
How to compare transfer companies when transferring money to Jordan
By comparing a few elements of your transfer, you can ensure that you get the cheapest deal for your needs.
- Exchange rates. Nearly all providers skew exchange rates for a profit. Compare the rate you’re offered to the mid-market rate — the rate banks and transfer services use when they trade among themselves — and look for the smallest margin between them.
- Transfer fees. Find out whether the provider charges a flat fee or a percentage of your transfer. If you’re sending a large amount, ask whether you qualify for a fee-free transfer.
- Payment and delivery options. Some transfer companies allow you to pay with a credit card online, by phone or through an app. Others offer agent locations for cash payments and pickups. Also ask how your recipient can receive your funds: bank account, cash pickup, mobile wallet and more.
- Transfer speeds. If it needs to be there fast, companies like Western Union and MoneyGram allow for quick cash pickups, often in minutes. If you have more time, you’ll get better rates and fees with an independent provider.
- Transfer limits. Your best option might depend on how much you want to send. For large transfers, weigh the best exchange rate — especially since providers encourage large transfers by offering low fees. For smaller amounts, consider the fees you’ll pay on top of the exchange rate.
- Flexible transfer options. Ask whether you can schedule payments ahead of time or protect your transfer against market fluctuations with a limit order or forward contract.
- Customer support. Most companies offer customer service by Internet chat, phone, in person or by email. Make sure help will be available if you need it.
Jenny’s sister Renata is stranded in Jordan with barely $40 to her name. Never one for planning ahead, Renata has run out of money with one week still remaining on her vacation to the Middle East, so she asks her sister to send her $1,000 as quickly as possible. Jenny compares the services of two cash pickup transfer company to see which one offers the better deal.
|Online money transfer provider 1||Online money transfer provider 2|
|Exchange rate||1 USD = 0.6897 JOD||1 USD = 0.7019 JOD|
|Transfer option||Cash pick up||Cash pickup|
|Transfer speed||15 minutes||10 minutes|
|Total JOD received||689.70||701.91|
Online provider two offers a better exchange rate, in about the same amount of time. But comparing the transfer fee, transfer company clearly wins, saving you $66 on the transfer.
How to send money to Jordan
Whether you send money through your bank, a money transfer provider or any other option, you’ll need to first register for an account with a provider, supplying your name, address, contact details, proof of ID and information about your selected payment method.
Keep a record of any transaction reference number you receive so that you can review the progress of your transfer.
How safe is a money transfer?
When you use a reputable provider, your funds are safely tracked until in the hands of your recipient. There are federal protections in place that require banks, credit unions and money transfer companies to, for example, disclose all fees upfront and give you 30 minutes to cancel a transfer, assuming it hasn’t yet been picked up or deposited.
What are the ways that I can send money to Jordan
- Bank transfers. Many major US banks will allow you to send money to Jordan.
- Money transfer providers. Providers like Ria and World First can help you quickly and easily transfer your money online.
- Providers with cash pickup. Western Union and MoneyGram allow you to send funds for cash pickup at agent locations.
- PayPal. Electronic payment giant PayPal allows you to send money from the US to Jordan.
- Checks and money orders. Although not a quick option, you could send an international check overseas, obtained from your bank or US Postal Service.
Emergency cash transfers in Jordan
If you need to send money to Jordan as quickly as possible — maybe you need to help a relative settle an overdue debt — there are several companies that offer emergency cash transfers. When you need to transfer funds urgently, your fastest possible transfer will often be your most expensive option. Carefully review the exchange rate and transfer fee against your needs so that you understand exactly how much it will cost you.Back to topBack to top
Picking up cash
Whether picking up funds in Amman or anywhere else around the world, take a few simple safety precautions to prevent yourself becoming a target for thieves.
- Call ahead. Learn the company’s business hours and choose a safe time to pick up your cash. Daylight hours are best.
- Bring a friend. Carrying money when alone can be dangerous. Ask a friend to come along.
- Deposit your money immediately. The likelihood of losing your money to theft or simple carelessness grows the longer you have it with you. Go straight to a bank and deposit your cash as soon as possible.
- Keep your cash hidden. Place your money in your purse or wallet before leaving the office. Carrying cash out in the open could make you a target.
You have multiple options to choose from when sending money to Jordan from the United States. To get the best value for money for your international money transfer, compare the benefits and features of competing services before selecting a provider.