Comparing your transfer options can pay off when you need to send money to Jordan.
But if you don’t know what you’re doing, sending money overseas can be a costly and stressful exercise, as high transfer fees and poor exchange rates combine to eat into your hard-earned dollars. With this in mind, it’s vital that you compare a range of transfer services before deciding on the right one for your needs.
World First International Money Transfers
Special $0 fee offer for finder.com readers
Because World First is a trusted partner of finder.com, you can send your money transfer overseas for free.
No fees: There is no online transfer fee for all finder.com customers.
- Enjoy competitive exchange rates.
- Spot contracts, forward contracts and limit orders are available.
- Receive weekly updates on market exchange rates.
Compare money transfer services to Jordan
Save money on your personal or business international money transfer today. Fill in the form and you’ll be contacted by a foreign exchange expert to have an obligation-free discussion about your options.
With over 17 years of foreign exchange expertise and over $100 billion transferred, OFX can help with all your currency exchange needs, including:
- Buying property abroad
- Regular overseas payments
- Risk management
Banks versus money transfer companies
If you’re considering using your bank to help you send an international money transfer to Jordan, think again. Banks are infamous for offering quite poor exchange rates and charging ridiculous fees for overseas transfers, so even a small transfer can end up costing a whole lot more than it should.
When you need to send money to Jordan, take the time to consider the features and services offered by dedicated online money transfer companies. These providers, such as World First, offer fast, efficient and affordable transfers to Jordan and many other countries. Their exchange rates and fees usually combine to create a much better deal than you could get from a bank, so weigh up all your options before you part with any of your money.
Jenny’s sister Renata is stranded in Jordan with barely $40 to her name. Never one for planning ahead, Renata has run out of money with one week still remaining on her holiday in the Middle East, so she asks her sister to send her $1,000 as quickly as possible. Jenny compares the services of an online money transfer provider and a cash pickup transfer company to see which one offers a more attractive financial deal.
|Online money transfer provider||Cash pickup transfer provider|
|Exchange rate||1 AUD = 0.4818 JOD||1 AUD = 0.462595 JOD|
|Transfer method||Online bank account transfer||Cash pickup transfer|
|Processing time||1-3 days||10 minutes|
|Amount received (in JOD)||481.77 JOD||462.60 JOD|
As you can see, while the cash pickup transfer provider offers much faster transactions, Jenny can save $60 in transfer fees by using an online money transfer company. Using this company also allows her to send an extra 19.17 JOD to Renata.
How do I compare transfer companies when transferring and receiving money via Jordan?
- Exchange rates. Exchange rates can vary substantially between different companies, so look at the rates offered by a range of providers to see how they stack up.
- Transfer fees. Many companies with impressive exchange rates will slug you with high fees, so it’s important to look for a provider that offers a good combination of a competitive exchange rate and low transaction fees.
- Transfer methods. Some companies only offer online transfers or in-branch transfers; others may offer both of these along with phone and mobile app transfers.
- Flexible options. Limit orders and forward contracts can be used to achieve the exchange rate you desire, while scheduling regular payments in advance can save you time. Check to see which providers offer these options.
- Amount limits. Some companies impose minimum and maximum limits on each transfer you lodge, so check to see what those limits are and whether or not they suit your needs.
- Pickup options. Will your beneficiary receive a direct bank account deposit or can they pick up cash from a transfer company branch?
- Turnaround time. Compare transaction processing times to see which provider can get your funds to their destination in a timely fashion.
- Customer service. If you have a problem with a transfer, will you be able to access customer assistance quickly?
How do I send money to Jordan?
- Specialist money transfer companies. Certain money transfer providers such as World First will offer fast and affordable transfers to Jordan.
- Cash pickup transfer companies. Western Union and MoneyGram are the best-known providers of this type of transfer.
- Bank transfers. Your bank can help you send money from the United States to Jordan quickly and easily, but sending via your bank will often cost you more.
- International cheques. An international guaranteed cheque from your bank can be posted to your recipient in Jordan.
How do I receive money from Jordan in the US?
- Specialist money transfer companies. Shop around to discover which money transfer providers offer transactions from Jordan to the USA.
- Cash pickup transfer companies. Western Union and MoneyGram both have a large number of cash pickup branches across the United States.
- Bank transfers. You may wish to send a transfer direct from a Jordan bank account to a bank account in the US.
- International cheques. Watch out for any fees and charges you will incur when banking an international cheque.
Emergency cash transfers in Jordan
If you need to send money to Jordan as quickly as possible — maybe you need to help a relative settle an overdue debt — there are several companies that offer emergency cash transfers. Just be wary of the fact that rapid transfers will usually cost you a little extra as they usually attract higher transfer fees and worse exchange rates than normal transactions. Make sure to double check the full cost of your transfer before deciding whether it’s the best option available to you.Back to topFind a money transfer location near youBack to top
Tips for picking up cash in Jordan
The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade recommends that travellers to Jordan exercise a high degree of caution. There are also several other simple steps you can take to ensure your safety when picking up a cash transfer:
- Take a friend along with you
- Avoid any dangerous areas
- Keep your cash hidden
- Don’t carry the money for any longer than is necessary
- Deposit any excess funds into your bank account
What are the steps to send money to Jordan?
You’ll need to check with the transfer provider you choose to discover the exact process for sending funds overseas, but in most cases you will have to do the following.
- Sign up for an account. You can usually do this quickly and for free online. You’ll need to provide your full name, contact details, proof of ID and payment information.
- Enter your transaction details. Provide information about where you’re sending the money, how much money you’re sending and in what currency. You will also need to supply your recipient’s name and contact details.
- Complete your transaction. Check over the details of your transfer and then pay for your transaction. You will receive a reference number which can be used to monitor the progress of your funds.