Send personal and business transfers fast with no fee
Explore personal or business transfers and online seller accounts
Our pick: OFX International Money Transfers
Exclusive offer: OFX is currently offering exclusive exchange rates to finder.com readers. The exchange rates you're offered will reflect the exclusive rates.
- $0 transfer fees. Send fee-free transfers to a large selection of countries worldwide.
- Transfers in 50+ currencies. OFX supports major, minor and exotic currencies.
- Flexible options. Choose from forward contracts to scheduled transfers for convenience and flexibility.
Take advantage of transfer options and fee-free transfers with OFX
Combined with the ability to send and receive 55 global currencies, OFX makes the international money transfer process easy and affordable.
When you need a quick and cheap way to send money overseas, OFX is ideal. You won’t pay any transfer fees with OFX. And with our exclusive finder.com deal, you get exclusive exchange rates better than many other transfer services.
Speak to an OFX money transfer expert
OFX is best for:
- Flexible transfer options. From basic transfers to forward contracts and limit orders, OFX offers a wealth of options to help you get the most out of your money.
- Saving money. Keep more of your money with no fees and favorable exchange rates.
- Wide range of currencies. Supporting 55 major and exotic currencies, OFX lets you send funds to many countries worldwide.
- Bank-to-bank transfers. OFX is an online money transfer provider that delivers funds through bank deposit only.
How much does OFX cost?
Enjoy international money transfers with no transfer fees. However, occasionally third-party banks may deduct a fee from your transfer before paying your recipient. This fee may vary and OFX receives no portion of it.
Your online money transfers with OFX come with no transfer fee. Because OFX is a trusted partner of finder.com, you can access exclusive exchange rates on qualifying transfers through our site. This means more money in your recipient’s pocket.
Calculate your fees and exchange rate
What types of transfers can I make?
OFX sends money transfers by bank transfer only. You cannot send money overseas using cash, a credit card or a check.
When sending US dollars overseas, expect OFX to process your transaction overnight. This is much faster than many online transfer services, so if you’re looking for the fastest transfer option, OFX might be the best option for you. Other currencies have a longer processing time of one to two business days.
OFX performs four types of money transfers that include flexible options designed to help you save money on future payments.
|Basic money transfer||For when you need to send money overseas immediately.|
|Limit order||Choose your desired exchange rate, and then OFX will process your transfer when market conditions meet that rate.|
|Recurring transfers||Avoid entering the details of your weekly, monthly or quarterly transfers by scheduling regular payments.|
|Forward contracts||Lock in an attractive exchange rate now for a future transaction.|
Which currencies does OFX support?
OFX allows you to send the following currencies both to and from the United States:
- United Arab Emirates dirham
- Australian dollar
- Canadian dollar
- Swiss franc
- Danish kroner
- Pound sterling
- Hong Kong dollar
- Japanese yen
- Mexican peso
- Norwegian kroner
- Zealand dollar
- Polish zloty
- Swedish kroner
- Singapore dollar
- Thailand baht
- US dollar
- South African rand
- Azerbaijani New Manat
- Brunei dollar
- Chinese yuan renminbi
- Czech koruna
- Fiji dollar
- Hungarian forint
- Indonesian rupiah
- Israeli shekel
- Indian rupees
- South Korean won
- Kuwaiti dinar
- Sri Lankan rupee
- Moroccan dirham
- Malagasy ariary
- Malaysian ringgit
- Omani rial
- Peruvian nuevo sol
- Papua New Guinea kina
- Philippine peso
- Pakistan rupee
- Saudi riyal
- Solomon Island dollar
- Seychelles rupee
- Tongan pa’anga
- Turkish lira
- Taiwanese dollar
- Vietnamese dong
- Vanuatu vatu
- Samoan talar
- CFA franc
- CFP franc
There are no transfer limits with OFX. Transfer as much as you want. From $2,000 to $2 billion, their platform can handle it.
How do I use OFX?
To send money overseas with OFX, you’ll need to register for a OFX account. It’s free to register with the following info:
- Your name, address and phone number.
- Your country of origin and nationality.
- Your driver’s license details.
- Your occupation.
- Your transfer details — how much you’re sending and to where.
- Whether you’re opening a personal or business account.
Next you’ll need to verify your new account. You can sign up for a free account online, but you’ll need be ready to accept a call from an OFX representative to verify your account details before you can begin sending money worldwide.
Once approved, you enter the details of your transfer, review the exchange rate and send your funds. OFX processes bank transfers only.
What is OFX?
Launched in 1998, OFX is a dedicated provider that provides 24/7 global market access. OFX combines leading technology with professional customer service for seamless international money transfers.
Not only ideal for one-off transfers, OFX serves a diverse range of transfer needs — everything from small businesses managing payments abroad, to individuals transferring assets, purchasing goods or investing overseas. With more than 100,000 customers around the world, OFX handled 460,000 fund transfers in 2014 alone.
What other products does OFX offer?
While OFX specializes in overseas money transfers, it offers a range of other forex services to customers.
- Currency converter. Use this free online tool to confirm the exchange rate for 55 currencies.
- Historical rates. View the historical performance of major rates, including 10-year charts and seasonal patterns.
- My FX Dashboard. Compare up to five currency pairs and enjoy news, analysis and market commentary.
- A mobile app. Place international money transfers quickly and conveniently from your smartphone.
What do customers say about OFX?
OFX has a great reputation. 80 percent of OFX reviews on TrustPilot are “excellent,” with many customers praising its fast and easy process. The company is also accredited with the Better Business Bureau and receives an A+.
How does OFX protect my money?
OFX takes pride in its tight protection of your money and personal information. It is registered as a federal money service business with the US Treasury and licensed as a money transmitter by state regulatory agencies. Its history of accountability and digital safeguards gives you further peace of mind.
- Phone verification for all new accounts. Signing up is free, but you’ll need to be ready to accept a call from an OFX representative to verify your account before you can begin setting up a transfer.
- SSL encryption. OFX establishes a secure connection with your browser to prevent the interception of your information.
- Fraud detection. A multilayer system exposes malware, phishing and other suspicious activity.
- Accountability. It’s a publicly traded Australian company with a responsibility to its shareholders to successfully complete every transaction.
- Nearly two decades of experience. OFX has worked with highly rated financial institutions since since 1998.
- 24/7 customer service. With multiple ways to get help.
How do I report suspicious activity to OFX?
OFX won’t email you to confirm payment details, passwords or any other personal information. If you receive an email from someone claiming to be OFX, do not respond. If you’re skeptical about an email or phone call, report it online to OFX’s Frauds and Scams page.