Get a competitive rate and $0 fees when sending money overseas with OFX.
Take advantage of transfer options and fee-free transfers with OFX.
When you need a quick and affordable way to send money overseas, OFX is ideal. You won’t pay any transfer fees with OFX. And with our exclusive finder.com deal, you can get exclusive exchange rates.
Save money on your personal or business international money transfer today. Fill in the form and you’ll be contacted by a foreign exchange expert to have an obligation-free discussion about your options. With over 17 years of foreign exchange expertise and over $100 billion transferred, OFX can help with all your currency exchange needs, including:
Save money on your personal or business international money transfer today. Fill in the form and you’ll be contacted by a foreign exchange expert to have an obligation-free discussion about your options.
With over 17 years of foreign exchange expertise and over $100 billion transferred, OFX can help with all your currency exchange needs, including:
Who is OFX?
Launched in 1998, OFX is a dedicated provider that provides 24/7 global market access, combining leading technology with professional customer service for seamless international money transfers. Not only for one-off transfers, OFX serves a diverse range of transfer needs — everything from small businesses managing payments abroad to individuals transferring assets, purchasing goods or investing overseas. With more than 100,000 customers around the world, OFX handled 460,000 fund transfers in 2014 alone.
How can you send money overseas with OFX?
To send money overseas with OFX, you’ll need to register for a OFX account. It’s free to register with the following info:
- Your name, address and phone number.
- Your country of origin and nationality.
- Your driver’s license details.
- Your occupation.
- Your transfer details — how much you’re sending and to where.
- Whether you’re opening a personal or business account.
Once approved, you enter the details of your transfer, review the exchange rate and fee and send your funds. OFX processes bank transfers only. When you send US dollars, your transaction is processed overnight.
OFX performs four types of money transfers that include flexible options designed to help you save money on future payments.
|Basic money transfer||For when you need to send money overseas immediately.|
|Limit order||Choose your desired exchange rate, and then OFX will process your transfer when market conditions meet that rate.|
|Recurring transfers||Avoid entering the details of your weekly, monthly or quarterly transfers by scheduling regular payments.|
|Forward contracts||Lock in an attractive exchange rate now for a future transaction.|
OFX sends money transfers by bank transfer only. You cannot send money overseas using cash, a credit card or a check.
When sending US dollars overseas, expect OFX to process your transaction overnight. Other currencies have a longer processing time of one to two business days.
Learn more about OFX and safety.
What are the pros and cons of using OFX?
- Multiple transfer options. From basic transfers to forward contracts and limit orders, OFX offers a wealth of options to help you get the most out of your money.
- No transfer fees. Period.
- Wide range of currencies. Supporting 55 major and exotic currencies, send funds to many countries worldwide.
- No cash payment or pickup. OFX is an online money transfer provider that delivers funds through bank deposit only.
Which currencies does OFX support?
OFX allows you to send the following currencies both to and from the United States:
What other products does OFX offer?
While OFX specializes in overseas money transfers, it offers a range of other forex services to customers.
- Currency converter. Use this free online tool to confirm the exchange rate for 55 currencies.
- Historical rates. View the historical performance of major rates, including 10-year charts and seasonal patterns.
- My FX Dashboard. Compare up to five currency pairs and enjoy news, analysis and market commentary.
- A mobile app. Place international money transfers quickly and conveniently from your smartphone.
Compare OFX to the competition
|OFX vs. …|
|OFX vs. MoneyGram||OFX vs. TransferWise|
|OFX vs. Wells Fargo||OFX vs. Western Union|
|OFX vs. World First||OFX vs. Chase Bank|
Frequently asked questions about OFX
What is the minimum amount I can transfer overseas with OFX?
In which currencies can I set up recurring payments?
Can I lock in an exchange rate before OFX has my funds?
- Lock in a binding exchange rate and provide your recipient’s details.
- Send OFX the currency you’re selling or exchanging.
When your funds are received to OFX, it will send the currency you’re buying to your recipient.