Send personal and business transfers fast with no fee.
Benefit from $0 fees to transfer money and get competitive exchange rates when you send funds with OFX. You’ll also find flexible tools that can help you lock in favorable rates for future transfers. OFX allows for limit orders and forward contracts, plus the ability to schedule recurring payments.
What types of accounts does OFX offer?
Get money to those in your life who need it, near and far, with a personal money transfer account.
Small and medium sized businesses can take advantage of accounts tailored to help manage foreign payments.
Also known as Global Currency accounts, OFX offers account solutions for online sellers working with authorized marketplaces worldwide.
What currencies does OFX support?
OFX allows you to send the following currencies from the US:
- United Arab Emirates dirham
- Australian dollar
- Canadian dollar
- Swiss franc
- Czech koruna
- Danish krone
- Pound sterling
- Hong Kong dollar
- Japanese yen
- Norwegian krone
- New Zealand dollar
- Polish zloty
- Swedish krona
- Singapore dollar
- US dollar
- South African rand
- Azerbaijani manat
- Bulgarian lev
- Bahraini dinar
- Brunei dollar
- Chinese yuan renminbi
- Egyptian pound
- Fiji dollar
- Hungarian forint
- Indonesian rupiah
- Israeli shekel
- Indian rupee
- South Korean won
- Kuwaiti dinar
- Sri Lankan rupee
- Moroccan dirham
- Malagasy ariary
- Mexican peso
- Malaysian ringgit
- Omani rial
- Peruvian sol
- Papua New Guinean kina
- Philippine peso
- Pakistani rupee
- Russian ruble
- Saudi riyal
- Solomon Islands dollar
- Seychelles rupee
- Thai baht
- Tongan pa’anga
- Turkish lira
- New Taiwan dollar
- Tanzanian shilling
- Vietnamese dong
- Vanuatu vatu
- Samoan tala
- CFA franc
- CFP franc
Are there countries I can’t send funds to with OFX?
Yes. Currently, OFX doesn’t support transfers to Afghanistan, Belarus, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Sierra Leone and more. You can find a full list of excluded countries on OFX’s website.
Does OFX have transfer limits?
Yes. The minimum amount you can transfer with OFX is $1,000 per year and $200 per transfer. There’s no maximum limit on how much you can send.
What is OFX?
Launched in 1998, OFX is a dedicated money transfer provider that provides 24/7 support. OFX combines leading technology with professional customer service for seamless international money transfers.
OFX serves a range of transfer needs — from small businesses managing payments abroad, to individuals transferring assets, purchasing goods and investing overseas. With more than 161,000 customers around the world, OFX handled 963,000 transactions in 2018 alone.
What other features does OFX offer?
While OFX specializes in overseas money transfers, it offers a range of other forex services to customers.
- Currency converter. Use this free online tool to confirm the exchange rate for 55 currencies.
- Historical rates. View the historical performance of major currencies, including 10-year charts and seasonal patterns.
- My FX Dashboard. Compare up to five currency pairs and enjoy news, analysis and market commentary.
- Mobile app. Place and track international money transfers quickly from your smartphone.
Calculate your fees and exchange rate
Customer praise and complaints for OFX
OFX has a strong reputation online. 80% of its reviews on TrustPilot are Excellent, with many customers praising its fast and easy process. The company is also accredited with the Better Business Bureau and receives an A+ from the agency.
How does OFX keep my money safe?
Your money and personal information is safeguarded in several ways by OFX. OFX is registered as a federal money service business with the US Treasury and licensed as a money transmitter by state regulatory agencies. Its history of accountability and digital safeguards gives you further peace of mind.
- Phone verification for all new accounts. Signing up is free, but you’ll need to be ready to accept a call from an OFX representative to verify your account before you can begin setting up your first transfer.
- SSL encryption. OFX establishes a secure connection with your browser to prevent the interception of your information.
- Fraud detection. A multilayer system exposes malware, phishing and other suspicious activity.
- Accountability. It’s a publicly traded Australian company with a responsibility to its shareholders to successfully complete every transaction.
- Over two decades of experience. OFX has worked with highly rated financial institutions since 1998.
- 24/7 customer service. Get help online or over the phone.
You’ll find solutions for personal and business transfers as well as Global Currency Accounts with OFX. Its $0 transfer fees and leading exchange rates make it a strong option among similar transfer services.
Before you open an account, check out the competition to find the provider that’s right for you.