Compare other Chase credit cards
With The Hyatt Credit Card, you’ll earn 3 points per dollar you spend at Hyatt. That’s in addition to the five points you’ll earn as a member of the World of Hyatt program. Those are strong earnings, and you’ll earn even more points from spending on other things, like 2x points on dining, airline tickets and car rentals and 1x points on everything else you spend.The Hyatt Credit Card is best for two types of travelers: those who stay at Hyatt regularly and those who want to save up for a free Hyatt stay once in a while. Hotel regulars will like the boost in point earnings. Occasional visitors will like that it’s easy to earn free Hyatt stays; a free night starts at points.
You’ll pay a $75 annual fee, but you can earn two free Hyatt nights after spending only $2,000 in the first three months. You’ll also receive a free night every year after your card anniversary, which by itself could make the annual fee worth paying. And you’ll get a complimentary upgrade to Discoverist status in World of Hyatt — which brings benefits like free premium internet and late checkout at participating locations.
- SIGNUP BONUS: Free Hyatt nights and bonus points.
If you spend $2,000 in the first three months, you’ll earn two free nights at any Hyatt property. And if you add an authorized user and make a purchase on that card within the first three months, you’ll earn bonus points.
- POINTS: More points on travel.
Earn 3x points at Hyatt. Earn 2x points on dining, airline tickets and car rental agencies. And earn 1x points on everything else you buy.
What are points used for?
As you use your The Hyatt Credit Card, you’ll earn World of Hyatt points. You can redeem these points for a variety of rewards, such as:
- Free nights at Hyatt properties (starting at points).
- Dining and spa experiences.
- Free nights at MGM Resorts properties.
- Point transfers to airline frequent flyer programs.
- Car rentals.
- Credits for Hyatt events.
- A free night every year.
Every year after your cardmember anniversary, you’ll earn a free night at a Category 1–4 hotel in the World of Hyatt program.
- Complimentary upgrade in the World of Hyatt loyalty program.
As a The Hyatt Credit Card member, you’ll receive a complimentary upgrade to Discoverist status in the World of Hyatt loyalty program. This tier comes with perks like free premium internet access and late checkout at participating locations.
You’ll also like …
- No foreign transaction fees. Use your The Hyatt Credit Card internationally without incurring transaction fees.
- Travel and purchase coverage. Enjoy benefits like baggage delay insurance, lost luggage reimbursement and trip cancellation insurance. You’ll also get purchase and price protection.
- Access to Visa Concierge. Use the Visa Signature Concierge to make plans for dining and entertainment.
What to watch out for
- It hurts to pay late. Making late or returned payments could result in fees as high as $37.
Consider other cards if …
- You want cash back. Look for excellent cash back cards like Citi® Double Cash Card and Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express.
- You don’t stay at Hyatt. The Hyatt Credit Card is a good value if you plan to stay at least one night at Hyatt each year. But if you never stay at Hyatt, look for a different hotel-branded credit card — or go with a general travel card like the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card or the Barclaycard Arrival® Plus World Elite Mastercard®.
What should I know before I apply?
To apply for The Hyatt Credit Card, you must be at least 18 years old (or 19 in Alabama and Nebraska).
Information you’ll need
- Full name
- Address and residential status
- Annual income, source of income and employment information
- Contact information
- Social Security number and mother’s maiden name
What credit score do I need?
You’ll have a better chance of being approved for The Hyatt Credit Card if you apply with a good to excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
How to apply for The Hyatt Credit Card
1. Go to the Chase website and click Apply Now.
2. Complete the application with your name, address, annual income and Social Security number. Then review your application and submit it.
How long will it take to be approved?
Because conditional approval is automated on the Chase website, you’ll often get a decision immediately. In some cases, you’ll need to wait a few days to a few weeks to receive a response.
I got the card. Now what?
- Making payments. You can pay your card bill online at the Chase website. You can also enroll in autopay.
- Avoiding interest payments. After the close of each billing cycle, you have a grace period of 21 days to pay your balance. If you do, you won’t pay interest on your purchases.
- Avoiding fees. Late and returned payments come with hefty fees of up to $37. Balance transfers and cash advances also come with fees.
- Customer service. If you have questions, you can contact Chase support at 1-800-436-7941, email or even Twitter.
Bottom lineThe Hyatt Credit Card is most attractive for Hyatt regulars, but it can also be valuable for occasional visitors to the hotel.
But, if you’ve never stayed in a Hyatt and aren’t planning on it anytime soon, why not compare some other credit cards that reward you for staying at hotels you prefer to use.