A card for exclusive use on the Horizon Outlet website, and one that doesn’t require great credit.
We know that everyone's situation is unique and we aim to help you find the right product for you. We may receive compensation when you visit our partners' sites or are approved for their products. You can read more about how we maintain editorial independence and how we make money here.The Horizon Gold Card is not a credit card, but a line of credit that can be used at Horizon Outlet. If you love what you see on the Horizon Outlet website, you may want to apply for the Horizon Gold Card — in fact, you can’t shop on the site any other way. You’re welcome to apply even with low or no credit, and you won’t pay interest for purchases. Just be sure to read the fine print, as the card comes with multiple fees and a monthly membership fee that is automatically charged to your account.
|Product Name||Horizon Gold Card|
|APR for Purchases ( Purchase Rate )||0%|
|Returned Payment Fee||$25|
|Minimum Credit Score||Poor (Below 660)|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Max credit limit|
This credit limit may not be issued to you immediately on application. This is the maximum credit limit for this card which must be applied for or offered to you after you are approved and have already opened the account.
|Returned Payment Fee||$25|
|Late Payment Fee||$20.00|
- $500 Limit
- Easy Terms
- No Credit Check
- No Employment Check
- Reports to Major Bureau
- Fast Online Application
- Access to benefits is restricted to active members
- Minimum payment each month (10% of the outstanding balance).
- $6.00 monthly card maintenance
Horizon Gold Card review
The Horizon Gold Card works only on the Horizon Outlet website, so it might be for you if you love what you see there. It comes with a $500 credit limit, and you can apply even with low or no credit. On top of that, you’ll be able to make purchases with no interest. However, there is a monthly membership fee of $24.95.
Be sure to read the fine print before applying for the card — the Horizon Gold Card arrives with convenience fees and an automatic monthly membership fee, all automatically debited from your account. Making a purchase on the website, for example, comes with a $2 delivery charge and $2.50 delivery signature charge. And by default, you’ll be enrolled in the Horizon Card services monthly membership plan, which may or may not be useful depending on your needs.
- Those with bad or no credit are welcome to apply. You don’t have to have great credit to apply for the Horizon Gold Card.
- 0% purchase APR. Cardholders enjoy no interest on any purchases made with the card. (However, remember to factor in signature and delivery fees for each purchase, as well as the monthly membership fee — more details below.)
- Horizon Card services monthly membership plan. Depending on your needs, you might benefit from the Horizon monthly membership, which comes with benefits like roadside assistance and pharmacy discounts.
- Used for the Horizon Outlet website. The Horizon Gold Card works exclusively on the Horizon Outlet website, so it may be ideal if you love the products on the site.
- No credit or employment check. Most credit cards require background checks, but the Horizon Gold Card doesn’t. You can apply quickly online with information you should easily have on hand.
The nuts and bolts
- $500 credit limit. The Horizon Gold Card comes with a $500 credit limit to make purchases on the Horizon Outlet website.
- Only works for the Horizon Outlet website. This isn’t a credit card you can use just anywhere; rather, it’s a line of credit used solely for purchases at the Horizon Outlet.
- $2.50 delivery signature charge for purchases from the Horizon Outlet. Using the Horizon Card for Horizon Outlet purchases comes with a $2.50 “shipment signature verification” fee.
- $2 delivery fee for purchases from the Horizon Outlet. Using the Horizon Card for Horizon Outlet purchases also comes with a $2 “residential delivery” fee.
- Automatic enrollment in the Horizon Card Services monthly membership benefit plan. The plan is $24.95, auto-debited from your account. If you’re not enrolled in the benefit plan, there will be a $6 monthly card maintenance fee.
- Monthly membership benefit plan. According to the card terms, the monthly membership comes with a $500 unsecured card, My Privacy Protection, My Universal RX, My Roadside Protect, and My Legal Assistance. You will need to activate My Privacy Protection to use it.
- Automatic enrollment in the basic starter benefits plan for insufficient funds. If Horizon attempts to charge your account for the membership and the transaction fails three times, they’ll enroll you in a “basic starter benefits plan” for $7.95 a month.
- Basic starter benefits plan. According to the card terms, this plan comes with Credit Report Access, Discount Prescription access, and Prepaid Legal access.
- Minimum monthly payment. The minimum monthly payment is either 10% of the balance owed or $25 (whichever is greater). If after paying a balance the new figure is less than $25, the next minimum payment will be the total amount of that balance.
- Payment reporting to at least one major credit bureau. This card is promoted to those with low or no credit, but it might not be the best one to build credit with. Your payment history may be reported to just one major credit bureau instead of all three.
How to apply for the Horizon Gold Card
Always consider your options and your financial situation before you apply for a credit card.
- You’re at least 18 years old
- You have a valid and active U.S. checking or savings bank account
Required documents and information
- Your name, residential status, residential address and time spent at current address
- Your Social Security number
- Your email address
- Your zip code
- You may need to present information about your U.S. checking or savings bank account (routing numbers, etc.)