A card for exclusive use on the Horizon Outlet website, and one that doesn’t require great credit – but watch out for fees that can really add up.
The Horizon Gold Card is not a credit card, but a line of credit that can be used at Horizon Outlet. If you love what you see on the Horizon Outlet website, you may want to apply for the Horizon Gold Card — in fact, you can’t shop on the site any other way. You’re welcome to apply even with low or no credit, and you won’t pay interest for purchases. Just be sure to read the fine print, as the card comes with multiple fees and a monthly membership fee that is automatically charged to your account.
|Product Name||Horizon Gold Card|
|Interest Free Period||Up to days|
|Late Payment Fee||$20|
|Returned Payment Fee||$25|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
Horizon Gold Card review
The Horizon Gold Card works only on the Horizon Outlet website, so it might be for you if you love what you see there. It comes with a $500 credit limit, and you can apply even with low or no credit. On top of that, you’ll be able to make purchases with no interest. However, there is a monthly membership fee of $25.
Be sure to read the fine print before applying for the card — the Horizon Gold Card arrives with convenience fees and an automatic monthly membership fee, all automatically debited from your account. Making a purchase on the website, for example, comes with a $2 delivery charge and $2.50 delivery signature charge. And by default, you’ll be enrolled in the Horizon Card services monthly membership plan, which may or may not be useful depending on your needs.
- Those with bad or no credit are welcome to apply. You don’t have to have great credit to apply for the Horizon Gold Card.
- purchase APR. Cardholders enjoy no interest on any purchases made with the card. (However, remember to factor in signature and delivery fees for each purchase, as well as the monthly membership fee — more details below.)
- Horizon Card services monthly membership plan. Depending on your needs, you might benefit from the Horizon monthly membership, which comes with benefits like roadside assistance and pharmacy discounts.
- No credit or employment check. Most credit cards require background checks, but the Horizon Gold Card doesn’t. You can apply quickly online with information you should easily have on hand.
What to watch out for
- The monthly membership fee can add up. $25 adds up to almost $300 a year. Consider whether you need the services offered in the monthly membership benefit plan.
- $500 credit limit. You’re limited to $500 in purchases at a time. You can clear your credit for more purchases as you pay off your debt.
- Only works for the Horizon Outlet website. This isn’t a credit card you can use just anywhere; rather, it’s a line of credit used solely for purchases at the Horizon Outlet.
- $5.00 card issuance and account validation fee. Horizon Card Services will charge a one-time fee when you open your account.
- $2.50 delivery signature charge for purchases from the Horizon Outlet. Using the Horizon Card for Horizon Outlet purchases comes with a $2.50 “shipment signature verification” fee.
- $2 delivery fee for purchases from the Horizon Outlet. Using the Horizon Card for Horizon Outlet purchases also comes with a $2 “residential delivery” fee.
- Minimum monthly payment. The minimum monthly payment is either 10% of the balance owed or $25 (whichever is greater). If after paying a balance the new figure is less than $25, the next minimum payment will be the total amount of that balance.
- Payment reporting is guaranteed only to one major credit bureau. This card is promoted to those with low or no credit, but it might not be the best one to build credit with. Your payment history may be reported to just one major credit bureau instead of all three (TransUnion, Equifax and Experian).
Consider other cards if…
- You’re not interested in the Horizon Outlet. Consider another store card to use at your favorite retailers. If you want a card you can use widely, consider a general credit card.
- You want a card with no membership fees. You’ll pay around $300 a year for the Horizon Gold Card. Meanwhile, there are many cards that come with no annual fees.
- You’re trying to build credit. Your Horizon Gold payment history may not be reported to every major credit bureau. That may mean you’ll build credit more slowly. Consider a secured credit card that reports your payment history to the three major credit bureaus (TransUnion, Experian and Equifax).
What should I know before I apply?
Always consider your options and your financial situation before you apply for a credit card.
- You’re at least 18 years old
- You have a valid and active U.S. checking or savings bank account
Required documents and information
- Your name, residential status, residential address and time spent at current address
- Your Social Security number
- Your email address
- Your zip code
- You may need to present information about your U.S. checking or savings bank account (routing numbers, etc.)
How to apply for the Horizon Gold Card
- Go to the Horizon Card Services website. Enter your email and zip code, agree to the terms and click Continue Activation.
2. Complete the application with details like your full name, contact information, date of birth and monthly income.
3. Fill in your debit or credit card information. Then click Activate My Card Now.
How long will it take to be approved?
Typically, you’ll receive a decision within two minutes. If there are issues with your application, it may take up to several days to hear back.
You may want to pick up the Horizon Gold Card if you like what you see at the Horizon Outlet. Before applying for it, however, consider its cost. You’ll pay a $25/month membership fee, which works out to $300 a year. Meanwhile, there are many cards that don’t charge annual fees.Back to top