The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card review
The only Hilton business credit card with 12x points on Hilton purchases.
finder.com’s rating: 4.8 / 5
- Get this card if you often stay at Hilton hotels and resorts.
- Pick something else if you want to earn and redeem rewards on a variety of hotel brands.
- Apply with good to excellent credit.
Points as welcome offer
Up to 12x
15.74% to 24.74%
Purchase APR (variable)
|Welcome offer||Earn up to 180,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points. Earn 130,000 Bonus Points after you spend $2,000 in purchases on Hilton Honors Business Card in the first 3 months of Card Membership. Plus, you can earn an additional 50,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after you spend a total of $10,000 in purchases on the Card in the first 6 months.|
|Rewards||12x points at Hilton, 6x points on select business and travel and 3x points on all other purchases|
|Purchase APR||15.74% to 24.74% variable|
|Balance transfer APR||N/A|
|Minimum Credit Score||670|
Kliment Dukovski is a credit cards and investments writer. He's written over 600 articles to help readers find and compare the best credit cards. Kliment has also written on money transfers, home loans and more. Previously, he ghostwrote guides and articles on foreign exchange, stock market trading and cryptocurrencies.
Expert reviewThe Hilton Honors American Express Business Card comes with a $95 annual fee, a generous welcome offer and 6x points on business and travel purchases on select categories.
Being a Hilton card, you get the most benefits at their hotels and resorts, including a massive 12x points on Hilton purchases and an automatic enrollment as a Hilton Honors Gold member. Gold membership comes with room upgrades, continental breakfast and a complimentary fifth night on standard room reservations of five nights or more.
You also get a weekend night award when you meet the spend requirements and you get 10 complimentary visits to more than 1,200 Priority Pass Select airport lounges a year. But you don’t get an intro APR period.
How to apply for The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card?
- Go to the provider's site and click Apply now.
- Complete the application form with required information about your business and the primary cardholder.
- Review your application and submit it.
The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card benefits
- Welcome offer. Spend $2,000 on purchases in the first 3 months your account is open to earn 130,000 Hilton Honors bonus points. Plus, you can earn an additional 50,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points after you spend a total of $10,000 in purchases on the card in the first 6 months. Redeem your points for nights at hotels and resorts, concerts, vacation packages, golf rewards, car rentals, airline miles and more.
- Earn Hilton Honors points. Use your Hilton business credit card at Hilton hotels and resorts to earn a cool 12 points per dollar. Earn 6 points per dollar on business purchases and travel purchases in select categories, and 3 points per dollar on all other purchases.
- Complimentary Hilton Honors Gold. You’re automatically enrolled as a Hilton Honors Gold member, offering an 80% bonus on base points per stay, room upgrades, your fifth night free on eligible stays, continental breakfast and other perks.
- Weekend night reward. Spend $15,000 in a year to earn one weekend night in a standard room with double occupancy at select Hilton hotels and resorts. Spend an additional $45,000 in a year, and you get a second weekend reward.
- 10 Priority Pass visits. Access to more than 1,200 Priority Pass Select airport lounges for 10 visits, a savings of $27 per visit.
- Upgrade to Hilton Honors Diamond. If you spend $40,000 in a year, you’re eligible for an upgrade to Diamond status. Diamond gives you everything in the Gold tier along with executive lounge access, elite status gifting and a 48-hour room guarantee — and your status extends through the end of the following calendar year. You’ll also earn 100% more Hilton Honors points for every dollar you spend on stays.
- Travel protection. Use your card to pay for your full reservation and you’ll get complimentary accidental death and dismemberment insurance up to $100,000. Other perks include insurance of up to $1,250 for carry-on baggage and up to $500 for checked baggage. And if you rent a car during your travels, you’re insured for car loss and damage.
What to watch out for
- No intro APR for balance transfers and purchases. You won’t get an intro APR period for your purchases or balance transfers with this Hilton business credit card. This is also the case for most similar travel cards.
- $95 annual fee. For travelers who often stay within the Hilton Hotels & Resorts brand or love to unwind at Priority Pass Select lounges while traveling, the benefits of this card just might outweigh the annual fee.
- Steep penalties on late payments. If you find yourself unable to make the minimum payment within 25 days of your statement, you face a variable penalty APR of 29.24%. This is typical of similar rewards cards, however.
Compare business credit cards
If a Hilton business credit card doesn’t seem like a good option for you, compare other business credit cards.
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Business owners that prefer the convenience of the more than 5,000 Hilton Hotels & Resorts properties across 100 countries will likely appreciate the travel perks and rewards of The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card.
Choosing the right business card ultimately comes down to what you value most. Compare those offering travel, cash back, no annual fees and more.
Frequently asked questions
How do I earn Hilton Honors points?
For every dollar you spend within the Hilton Hotels & Resorts brand, you earn 12x points. You also earn 6x points on business and travel purchases in select categories and 3x points on all other purchases.
Does this card require an annual fee?
Yes. You’ll pay $95 annually to use the card.
Editorial Note: Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author’s alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any card issuer.
Credit card ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
Our team evaluates credit cards to determine their value against similar cards on the market.
We rank card types — travel, cash back, business — on a set of factors that are most relevant to that type of card. We create these rankings to help you narrow down a credit card that best suits your spending and budget.