Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
HiFX international money transfer review
Get competitive exchange rates and no fees on international money transfers.
As of January 26, 2019, HiFX has merged with XE. This means you won’t be able to use HiFX to send money overseas. Instead, check out if XE Money Transfer is right for you in our full review.
If you already have an account with HiFX before this cut-off date, don’t worry – you’ll automatically be transferred to an XE account.
Sending money with HiFX is simple, and offers no fees and competitive rates. Send your money to countries all over the world in more than 120 currencies, all with the click of a button.
Pay no fees and get excellent customer service on your international transfers
HiFX offers competitive exchange rates and charges absolutely no fees. And their reputation for great customer service gives you the peace of mind knowing help is there if you need it.
- Fast and easy. Make transfers online 24/7.
- Peace of mind. HiFX’s parent company, Euronet, does business with some of the world’s largest tech companies, including Apple, Google and Amazon.
- Customer service. HiFX is proud of its excellent customer service and provides the tools and answers you need to make a successful transaction.
How much does it cost to send money with HiFX?
HiFX charges absolutely no transfer fees, so you’ll always know exactly how much you’re paying. However, charges may occasionally be applied by a third party bank when transferring the funds to HiFX or before the funds arrive in the recipient account.
Competitive foreign exchange rates
HiFX boasts bank-beating exchange rates. Their exchange rates are linked to the live foreign exchange markets. When the markets are open, the exchange rate you are offered will often fluctuate right up until the moment you confirm your transaction. Your exchange rate is only fixed once you’ve confirmed your transaction.
What types of transfer can I make?
You are limited to bank-to-bank transfers only with HiFX.
Pros and cons
- Safe and secure. Licensed as a money transmitter business, HiFX’s transactions are sent using Norton online security technology.
- Trusted company. HiFX is part of Euronet Worldwide, the third-largest money transfer provider in the world. In 2013 alone, Euronet processed more than $60 billion in payments for many of the world’s leading companies.
- No fees. HiFX charges no transfer fees.
- Small & large transfers allowed. HiFX allows transfers of up to $500,000, with a minimum of only $100.
- 24/7 transfers. Once you’ve set up your account, make transfers online 24/7.
- Exchange rates not readily available. If you want to compare HiFX’s exchange rates with the rates offered by other companies, you’ll need to sign up for an account.
- Bank-to-bank transfers only. HiFX does not accept cash, debit or credit card as payment.
- No same-currency transfers. Your transfer must involve an exchange of currency.
Compare other transfer services
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
How do I use HiFX?
To send money with HiFX, you need to create a free account, providing:
How to make international transfers with HiFX
If you feel HiFX could be a useful service to you, you can carry out a transfer easily.
- Register. First you’ll need to sign up, which is free and can be done at any time of the day. You can register by clicking the green “Go to Site” button on the right. You will also need to provide identification documents as well as a document certifying your address.
- Get a quote. After you’ve registered, tell HiFX how much you want to send and where to. They can help suggest different ways to carry out your transaction.
- Give your recipient’s details and when you’d like to pay them. The next step will require you to let HiFX know who you’re transferring to and when, and also will require you to provide a security payment.
- Send HiFX your transfer funds. You’re now ready to send HiFX your money and begin the transfer.
- Track your payments. You can now sit back and track your payment to ensure that it reaches its destination.
Steps to transfer money internationally with HiFX
To transfer money internationally with HiFX, follow these steps.
- Go to HiFX’s website.
- If this is your first time using HiFX, select Join Now to create a free account.
- Choose whether you’re creating a personal account or a business account.
- Select the country you live in.
- Enter your email address, password and security question. Click Continue.
- Enter your home address, phone number and date of birth. Click Continue.
- Estimate of the amount of money and number of transfers you expect to transfer in the next 12 months. Select the country from which you will be sending money and how you learned about HiFX. Click “Continue.”
Your application to transfer money with HiFX is now complete. HiFX will email you within 24 hours with information about your application and initiating transfers. Once accepted, you can begin sending money by entering your recipient’s name and bank account information and your bank account information for payment.
What happens next?
- Once you have confirmed the rate, you can not cancel or change any details of the transaction. Please check the details carefully before confirming the transaction.
- HiFX will email you notifications to keep you up to date on the progress of your transfer until delivery to your recipient within one to four business days.
- You can track your transfer online 24/7. If there’s any delay, contact HiFX from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Pacific standard time at 844-832-1367 or anytime at email@example.com.
HiFX is definitely worth considering when you need to send a fast and secure international money transfer, but make sure to compare a range of transfer options before choosing the right provider for you.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert