HiFX offers competitive exchange rates and low or no fees when transferring money overseas.
HiFX offers you the ability to convert funds into over 20 currencies and transfer them internationally at the touch of a button, and does so with low fees and competitive rates.
|Product Name||HiFX International Money Transfers|
|Min. Transfer Amount||USD 100|
|Max. Transfer Amount||USD 500,000|
Minimum transfer time
|3 - 5 days|
|Available Currencies||AED, AUD, BGN, BHD, CAD, CHF, CNY, CZK, DKK, EUR, GBP, HKD, HUF, JPY, KWD, MXN, NOK, NZD, PLN, RON, SAR, SGD, TND, TRY, USD, ZAR|
|Exchange Rate Updates||Real time|
What is HiFX?
HiFX has offered affordable international money transfer services since 1998. Founded out of frustration at the poor value for money on offer from big banks, HiFX is part of Euronet Worldwide, which also owns Ria Money Transfer. Every year, more than 100,000 people and 6,000 businesses use HiFX to send funds overseas.
How much does it cost to send money with HiFX?
HiFX charges a flat $5 for money transfers of up to $5,000. For transfers of $5,000 or more, you pay no transfer fees. You’ll need to send a minimum of $50.
Competitive foreign exchange rates
HiFX boasts bank-beating exchange rates. Their exchange rates are linked to the live foreign exchange markets. When the markets are open, the exchange rate you are offered will often fluctuate right up until the moment you confirm your transaction. Your exchange rate is only fixed once you’ve confirmed your transaction.
You can save additional money with their simple fee structure. HiFX charges a flat transfer fee of $5 and waives the fee for transactions over $5,000.
What do I need to send money using HiFX?
To send money with HiFX, you need to create a free account, providing:
- Your personal and contact information.
- Your date of birth
- Your bank account or credit card information
- A valid driver’s license, passport or Social Security number
- Your transfer amount and currency you’ll be transferring it to.
The Registration and transfer process
If you feel HiFX could be a useful service to you, you can carry out a transfer easily.
- Register. First you’ll need to sign up, which is free and can be done at any time of the day. You can register by clicking the green “Go to Site” button on the right. You will also need to provide identification documents as well as a document certifying your address.
- Get a quote. After you’ve registered tell HiFX how much you want to send and where to. They can help suggest different ways to carry out your transaction.
- Give your recipient’s details and when you’d like to pay them. The next step will require you to let HiFX know who you’re transferring to and when, and also will require you to provide a security payment.
- Send HiFX your transfer funds. You’re now ready to send HiFX your money and begin the transfer.
- Track your payments. You can now sit back and track your payment to ensure that it reaches its destination.
Steps to transferring money internationally with HiFX
Step 1. Click Go to Site.
Step 2. If this is your first time using HiFX, create a free account by clicking “Join Now” in the upper-right corner.
Step 3. Select the country you live in from the drop-down menu, and then enter your email address.
Step 4. Enter your home address, phone number and date of birth. Click “Continue.”
Step 5. Enter an estimate of the amount of money and number of transfers you expect to transfer in the next 12 months.
What happens next?
- HiFX will email you notifications to keep you up to date on the progress of your transfer until delivery to your recipient within one to four business days.
- You can track your transfer online 24/7. If there’s any delay, contact HiFX from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. PST at 844-832-1367 or anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Calculate receive amounts with HiFX’s exchange rate
Enter the amount you wish to send into the currency calculator below to learn HiFX’s current exchange rates.
HiFX offers a range of currencies, including:
Compare HiFX to other providers
|Compare HiFX to…||See Comparison|
|MoneyGram vs. HiFX|
|HiFX vs. TransferWise|
Frequently asked questions about HiFX
Can I use cash to pay for a transfer with HiFX?
Is HiFX safe?
What is the exchange rate I receive based on?
How does HiFX make their money?
What if my HiFX money transfer hasn’t yet arrived to my recipient?
If your transfer hasn’t arrived within four days, call HiFX at 1-844-832-1367.
How safe is a money transfer?
When processed through a reputable bank or company, your funds are safely tracked until in the hands of your recipient. And if you’re sending money internationally, federal protections are in place that require banks, credit unions and money transfer companies to, for example, disclose all fees up front and give you 30 minutes to cancel a transfer, assuming it hasn’t yet been picked up or deposited.