Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Guide to Hilton Honors rewards program
Enjoy benefits and earn free stays.
However, both point types let you redeem for free nights at Hilton hotels and resorts.
Earn Hilton Honors bonus points with credit cards
This is the fastest way to accrue the most Hilton Honors bonus points. Just choose one of three available credit cards and clear the welcome offer — earn up to 150,000 bonus points from the welcome offer alone.
Depending on which card you choose, you can earn accelerated points at US supermarkets, US restaurants, US gas stations, on flights booked through Amex Travel and car rentals booked from select companies. Hilton cards can also provide a path to other bonuses, such as free weekend night rewards.
Compare Hilton Honors credit cards
Earn more points by combining Hilton credit cards
If you combine the no-annual-fee Hilton Honors American Express Card and the Hilton Honors™ Aspire Card, you’ll get a points-earning machine.
- The Hilton Honors American Express Card lets you earn 5x Hilton Honors bonus points at US restaurants, US supermarkets and at US gas stations.
- The Hilton Honors™ Aspire Card lets you earn 7x Hilton Honors bonus points on flights booked directly with airlines or Amex Travel, car rentals booked directly from select car rental companies and at US restaurants.
Use the Hilton Honors American Express Card at US supermarkets and US gas stations, and the Hilton Honors™ Aspire Card on all other purchases to earn the maximum number of Bonus points.
Hilton Honors dining program
Sign up for the Hilton Honors dining program to earn up to 8x bonus points on dining at participating restaurants — including tax and tip. Add your credit card, provide your name, address, email, phone number and your Hilton Honors number and start earning points. Also, use multiple credit cards to earn more points.
Plus, earn a welcome offer of 1,000 points once you spend $25 at participating restaurant and review the restaurant within 30 days of signing up.Back to top
Buy Hilton Honors bonus points
When you fall short of points to redeem for free stays, consider buying points if it saves you money. You can buy a maximum of 80,000 points in a calendar year at 0.6 cents each — higher than the 0.5 cents redemption value.
Additional ways to earn Hilton Honors bonus points
Get additional Hilton Honors bonus points with:
- Car rentals. This includes Hilton partners Alamo, Enterprise and National.
- Cruises. Earn up to 50,000 Hilton Honors points depending on your cruise length with CruisesOnly.
- Priority Pass. Enroll in Priority Pass and earn up to 10,000 Hilton Honors bonus points depending on your membership level.
- Mobile roaming. OneSimCard offers 100 Hilton Honors bonus points just for signing up, and 1 point per minute of incoming and outgoing calls.
- Exchange miles. Flying with partner airlines can earn you miles, which you can exchange to Hilton Honors points. Partner airlines include Hawaiian Airlines, Virgin Atlantic Airways, Alaska Airlines, Delta Air Lines, United Airlines, American Airlines and more. You get the highest value with Hawaiian and Virgin Atlantic airlines.
Transfer your Hilton Honors points to partner programs
You’re not limited to exchanging airline miles for Hilton Honors points — you can also transfer Hilton Honors points to partner airline miles.
Hilton Honors elite status tiers
There are four Hilton Honors status tiers you can get by staying at Hilton hotels and resorts, and by earning Hilton Honors base points.
Hilton Honors Member status
This is the first tier of the Hilton Honors program, which you earn by signing up. This gives you benefits, including:
- No resort fees on reward night stays
- Digital check-in
- Digital key
- In-room and lobby Wi-Fi
- Late check out
Hilton Honors Silver status
With the Silver status you get all the benefits of Member status plus:
- 20% more points on stays
- Fifth reward night free
- Two bottles of water
- Elite tier rollover nights
Hilton Honors Gold status
The Gold status enjoys all benefits of previous tiers, plus:
- 80% more points on stays
- Room upgrade when available, up to executive room
- Complimentary breakfast
- Unlimited milestone bonuses
Hilton Honors Diamond status
With the Diamond status you get all benefits from the previous tiers, plus:
- 100% more points on stays
- Room upgrade when available, up to one-Bedroom Suite room type
- Executive lounge access
- Diamond status extension
- 48-hour room guarantee
- Elite status gifting
If you frequently stay at hotels and resorts in the Hilton portfolio, joining the Hilton Honors rewards program could be worthwhile. You’ll get benefits that can make your stay more convenient, and if you upgrade to an elite status, you’ll enjoy room upgrades, complimentary breakfast, fifth reward night free and more.
The biggest perk is that you earn points you can later redeem to pay for hotel and resort nights, car rentals, merchandise and more. The fastest way to earn points is with a Hilton Honors credit card.Back to top
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert