Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express Card vs United℠ Explorer Card
Choose between two mid-tier airline credit cards with valuable perks.
The redemption value is basically the same no matter which card you go with. For example, a roundtrip flight between Los Angeles (LAX) and New York (JFK) requires 24,000 Delta miles and 25,000 United miles on the lowest fare. This makes the United card’s signup bonus worth at least twice as much than what you get with the Delta card.
Compare the additional perks offered by these cards to find the right fit for your travel preferences.
Summary of card features
Delta SkyMiles® Gold American Express Card
- Priority boarding on Delta flights
- Earn Delta SkyMiles
- American Express purchase protection
- Check first bag for free
United℠ Explorer Card
- Signup bonus. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you make $3,000 in purchases with your card within the first 3 months of account opening.
- Rewards. Earn 2x miles on United purchases, eligible hotel stays and restaurant spending. Earn 1x miles on all other purchases.
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck fee credit. Get up to $100 credit once every for years to cover for your Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application fee.
Compare travel credit cards
Ask an Expert