Qualify for a great signup bonus and a yearly flight discount with this travel card.
- Get this card if… you’re a frequent Frontier Airlines flyer.
- Pick something else if…you’re an occasional traveler.
- Recommended good to excellent credit score of 670 to 850.
|Product Name||Frontier Airlines World Mastercard®|
|APR (Annual Percentage Rate) for Purchases||17.99% or 26.99% variable|
|Introductory Balance Transfer APR||0% for the first fifteen billing cycles (then 17.99% or 26.99% variable)|
|Balance Transfer Fee||$5 or 3% of the transaction, whichever is greater|
|Cash Advance Rate||27.24% variable|
|Foreign Transaction Fee||None|
|Cash Advance Fee||$10 or 5% of the cash advance amount, whichever is greater|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 23 days|
|Late Payment Fee||$37|
|Returned Payment Fee||$37|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Welcome Offer||Earn 40,000 bonus miles after spending $500 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening and after paying the annual fee.|
|Reward Value per Dollar||1x miles|
|Rewards Points Expiry||Never|
What Frontier Airlines World Mastercard® has to offer
The Frontier Airlines World Mastercard® comes with a great signup bonus: 40,000 miles after you spend just $500 in the first 90 days. That’s enough for two award flights.
You’ll earn 5x miles on FlyFrontier.com purchases and 1x miles on everything else. That’s okay for a Frontier Airlines regular, but not the best for someone who flies Frontier Airlines occasionally. If you’re a casual flyer, consider a card like the Barclaycard Arrival® Plus World Elite Mastercard®.
How to make the annual fee worth it
The card costs $79 a year, but the fee could be worth paying if you fly at least once a year with Frontier Airlines. That’s because you’ll receive a $100 flight discount each year you spend at least $2,500 with the card. As a bonus, you’ll pay nothing in redemption fees when you book award flights with your card.
The 40,000 bonus miles signup bonus is a great value as well. Considering a domestic flight might be worth around $150 to $200, you may scoop up $300 to $400 of value from just your bonus miles.
- Signup bonus: 40,000 miles. When you spend $500 in the first 90 days and pay the annual fee, you’ll earn 40,000 bonus miles.
Is the current bonus miles offer a good haul?For many people, 40,000 miles will be a great bonus. To give you a sense of how far your miles will go, consider these costs for round-trip flights:
- Los Angeles to New York City: 20,000 miles.
- New York City to Miami: 20,000 miles.
- Chicago to Denver: 20,000 miles.
With 40,000 miles, you can take two round-trip flights. That’s a strong reward for a $79 annual fee.
- Earn miles on all purchases, and more on FlyFrontier.com purchases. You’ll earn 1x miles on everything you buy. On FlyFrontier.com purchases, you’ll earn 5x miles.
- Frontier Airlines perks.
- A $100 flight discount voucher each card year you spend $2,500 or more.
- Award redemption fee waived when you book an award flight with your card.
You’ll also like …
- Mastercard travel assistance. Get help with travel planning and for any contingencies that occur on your trip.
- Travel insurance. Get trip cancellation, trip interruption and baggage delay insurance.
- Shopping benefits. Get price protection on items you buy with your card.
What to watch out for
- Annual fee. You’ll pay $79 each year to maintain your card. The fee isn’t waived for the first year.
- Potentially high APR. Depending on your credit, you could have a purchase and balance transfer APR as high as 17.99% or 26.99% variable .
- Higher APR for cash advances. Cash advances come with a 27.24% variable APR.
- Other fees. The card has foreign transaction fees, balance transfer fees and cash advance fees.
- Penalty fees. Late and returned payments can hurt: You’ll pay up to $37.
- Foreign transaction fee. You’ll pay a 0% foreign transaction fee with the card, but since Frontier Airlines only flies to a few international destinations, this might not be a big deal depending on your travel plans.
What should I know before I apply?
To apply for the Frontier Airlines World Mastercard®, you must be at least 18 years old and a US resident. Residents of Puerto Rico and US territories are not eligible.
Information you’ll need:
- Full name and contact information
- Residential status
- Annual income and employment information
- Social Security number, date of birth and mother’s maiden name
What credit score do I need?
You’ll have a better chance of approval for the Frontier Airlines World Mastercard® if you apply with a good to excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
How to apply for the Frontier Airlines World Mastercard®
1. Go to the Barclaycard Frontier Airlines website and click Apply Now.
2. Complete the application with details like your name, contact information, employment information and Social Security number. Then click Apply to submit your application.
How long will it take to be approved?
Typically, you’ll receive an immediate decision on your application. In rare cases, you may need to wait a few days to a few weeks until your application is manually approved.
I got the card. Now what?
- Make timely payments. Pay your bill online at the Barclaycard website, where you can also enroll in autopay.
- Avoid interest. After the close of each billing cycle, you have a grace period of 23 days to pay your balance. If you do, you won’t pay interest on your purchases.
- Avoid fees. Late and returned payments come with hefty fees of up to $37. Balance transfers and cash advances also come with fees.
- Customer service. If you have questions, contact Barclaycard customer service at 866-928-8598.
This card is a great pick if you fly with Frontier Airlines often. Even if you don’t, the card’s $79 annual fee could still be worth paying. You may qualify for a generous signup bonus and an annual $100 flight discount. If you fly other airlines, check out other cards with travel benefits.