First Technology Federal Credit Union Platinum Rewards MasterCard® review
Save money on fees, earn rewards on purchases and get a potentially low APR.
- Get this card if you want to earn rewards on purchases and save money on fees.
- Pick something else if you want an intro APR period on purchases.
- Apply with a fair credit score of 630 or higher. Note that chances of approval are higher with a higher credit score.
Points as welcome offer
Up to 1x
11.49% to 18%
Purchase APR (variable)
|Product Name||First Technology Federal Credit Union Platinum Rewards MasterCard®|
|Purchase APR||11.49% to 18% variable|
|Balance transfer APR||0% intro for the first 12 billing cycles (then 11.49% to 18% variable)|
|Balance transfer fee||None|
|Cash advance rate||12.49% to 18% variable|
|Foreign transaction fee||None|
|Interest free period||Up to 21 days|
|Late payment fee||Up to $25|
|Returned payment fee||Up to $25|
Kliment Dukovski is a credit cards writer. He's written over 600 articles to help readers find and compare the best credit cards. Kliment has also written on money transfers, home loans and more. Previously, he ghostwrote guides and articles on foreign exchange, stock market trading and cryptocurrencies.
The First Technology Federal Credit Union Platinum Rewards MasterCard® comes with a few benefits that might strike your fancy. For example, it offers an unlimited rewards rate on all purchases, an intro APR period on balance transfers and it waives common fees such as annual and cash advance fees. It also comes with a potentially low APR.
- Reward points. Earn 1x points on all of your purchases — an underwhelming rewards rate considering the industry standard is 1.5x points.
- Intro APR period on balance transfers. Get 12 billing cycles of 0% intro APR period on balance transfers made within the first 90 days of card membership. After that, a variable APR of 11.49% to 18% applies.
- Potentially low APR. Your APR depends on several factors including your creditworthiness, but with this card, your APR will vary between 11.49% to 18%, which is relatively low.
- No fees. You won’t pay an annual fee, balance transfer fee, cash advance fee or foreign transaction fee.
What to watch out for
- No intro APR period on purchases. Despite having relatively a low APR, that’s still not as low as a 0% intro APR offered by some other credit cards.
Compare rewards credit cards
How to apply for the First Technology Federal Credit Union Platinum Rewards MasterCard®
- Visit the First Technology Federal Credit Union website and locate the card.
- Click Apply.
- Log in if you already have an account or proceed to fill out the application form.
- Review the form and submit.
What credit score do I need?
You need at least a fair credit score of 630 or higher.
The First Technology Federal Credit Union Platinum Rewards MasterCard® could be worth considering if you’re looking for a rewards credit card with a long intro APR period on balance transfers. It also has no fees on balance transfers, cash advances and foreign transactions.
But if you want a higher rewards rate on your purchases or an intro APR period on purchases, compare other credit cards to review your options.