Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our content.
The best credit cards for entertainment 2021
Earn up to 6% cash back on select entertainment spending.
Whether you like to hit the town for a concert or the theater, or you like to stay in with a little Netflix, there’s an entertainment credit card for you. Not only can you earn bonus rewards on entertainment, you might earn accelerated points or cash back in other categories such as travel and dining.
We looked for cards with accelerated rewards for entertainment or streaming services. The ones that offered the highest rates or standout, streaming-related features made our list.
Best credit cards for streaming service perks
Cards with streaming service rewards typically offer cash back or points. With some providers, you can transfer your points to travel partners to get higher rewards rates than you might think.
Here’s our 2021 list of best credit cards for streaming service perks.
Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express
Min. credit score
- The Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express is an attractive option, but you'll pay an annual fee for it. Still, its strong rewards might make the fee worth paying.
|Annual Fee||$0 intro annual fee for the first year ($95 thereafter)|
|Purchase APR||0% intro for the first 12 months (then 13.99% to 23.99% variable)|
|Balance transfer APR||N/A|
|Welcome offer||$300 statement credit after spending $3,000 in the first 6 months|
|Rewards||6% on select US streaming services, 3% on transit and US gas stations, 6% at US supermarkets on up to $6,000 annually, then 1% after that and on all other purchases (redeem as statement credit)|
Cash Back is received in the form of Reward Dollars that can be redeemed as a statement credit.
U.S. Bank Cash+™ Visa Signature® Card
Min. credit score
- You'll earn 5% cash back on the first $2,000 in qualifying purchases each quarter in two categories of your choice, then 1%. At the time of this writing, these categories include TV, Internet and Streaming Services according to the provider.
- You'll also earn unlimited 2% cash back in one everyday category of your choice, including grocery stores, gas stations and restaurants.
- Beware of the downside: You have to activate your categories every quarter. If you don't, the highest cashback rate you can earn is 1%.
|Purchase APR||13.99% to 23.99% variable|
|Balance transfer APR||0% intro for the first 12 months (then 13.99% to 23.99% variable)|
|Welcome offer||$150 after spending $500 in the first 90 days|
|Rewards||5% on up to $2,000 each activated quarter on two categories combined (1% after), 2% on one everyday category and 1% on all other purchases|
Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card
Min. credit score
Points welcome offer
- You'll earn 3x points on select streaming services as well as on eligible dining, gas and travel.
- At the same time, Wells Fargo's list of qualifying streaming providers is shorter than you'll find with other issuers.
|Purchase APR||0% intro for the first 12 months (then 14.49% to 24.99% variable)|
|Balance transfer APR||0% intro for the first 12 months (then 14.49% to 24.99% variable)|
|Welcome offer||20,000 points after spending $1,000 in the first 3 months|
|Rewards||3x points on dining, gas, transit, travel and streaming and 1x points on all other purchases|
Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card
Min. credit score
- It does offer 5% back at Amazon.com and Whole Foods Market. This means you can earn an excellent rate on your Amazon Prime subscription, currently $119 a year, which includes video, music and gaming streaming.
- This card might not be the right choice if you're a member of several non-Amazon streaming services, as you'll earn just 1% back on non-bonus purchases.
|Purchase APR||14.24% to 22.24% variable|
|Balance transfer APR||14.24% to 22.24% variable|
|Welcome offer||$100 Amazon Gift Card instantly upon approval|
|Rewards||5% back at Amazon.com, Whole Foods Market and Zappos, 2% back at restaurants, gas stations and drugstores and 1% back on all other purchases|
How to choose the best credit card with streaming perks
- Calculate how much you spend on streaming services.
Consider how much your monthly streaming bill is and calculate the rewards you’ll earn based on that spending.
- Check which streaming services are included.
Not all streaming reward cards offer rewards on the same services. Make sure you choose a card that offers rewards on a service you watch.
- Consider the annual fee.
Whether the annual fee is worth paying largely depends on whether you think you can earn enough rewards to justify the card’s cost. Also, consider whether the card offers perks to offset the annual fee.
- Decide which bonus categories you’d like.
Look at the card’s bonus categories outside of streaming spending. If these categories line up with your typical spending, the card could be a well-rounded choice for you.
- Check the rules or limits on rewards.
Some providers cap the rewards you can earn in bonus categories. Others make you jump through hoops before you can earn your rewards. Check if you’re okay with these limits before applying for the card.
What are credit cards with streaming service perks?
These are credit cards that offer accelerated rewards on streaming services. Your card provider will maintain a list of qualifying merchants, and it may cap the bonus rewards you can earn.
Why should I get a credit card with streaming service perks?
If you spend a lot on streaming services, you might be able to get a decent chunk of change back in rewards. That can be especially valuable since most streaming services are subscription-based that require monthly spending.
But be careful about getting a card just for its streaming-service perks. There are other cards out there that could reward you more in different categories. To find out if a card with streaming service perks is worth it, calculate your spending to get an accurate handle on the rewards you would earn.
Alternatives to credit cards for streaming services
- Dining cards. Rewards credit cards for dining are popular and there are plenty of great cards to choose from.
- Travel cards. A travel rewards credit card is a great pick if you love to travel to get your kicks. This catch-all category can include activities ranging from flights to hotel stays to cruises.
If you’re a streaming enthusiast, you could find a credit card that rewards you for your spending. Even better, your card could offer bonus rewards in other categories in which you spend heavily.
If you couldn’t find the right credit card on the list above, consider other rewards credit cards.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
HMBradley account review
HMBradley is a hybrid checking and savings account that earns up to 3.0% APY.
Best bank accounts for freelancers and the self-employed
Compare the five best bank accounts for self-employed professionals and freelancers.
Unifimoney account review
Unifimoney lets you spend, save and invest, but it’s only free for high-income individuals.
AARP Travel Rewards Mastercard from Barclays review
A strong travel cashback card with no annual fee.
Oxygen personal bank account
Access your cash from any network ATM and earn cashback on your debit card purchases from approved retailers.
AARP Essential Rewards Mastercard from Barclays review
A solid rewards card with a few particular strengths that make it stand out.
Cheese Rewards Checking review
A digital bank built for Asian-Americans. Earns up to 10% cash back and up to 3% APY.
Save Debit Invest card review
Save invests $1 on your behalf for every $1 you spend. After one year, you keep the returns.
Lemonade car insurance review for 2021
Safe drivers and electric car owners could see cheap rates, but its claims process isn’t perfect.
How to stake Ethereum
Learn how to earn ETH coins by locking up ETH with this guide.
Ask an Expert