Finder is committed to editorial independence. While we receive compensation when you click links to partners, they do not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn how we make money.
Discover it® Student Cash Back vs. Journey® Student Rewards from Capital One®
Two cashback student cards with no annual fee.
These two are similar cashback cards with a $0 annual fee. But the Discover it® Student Cash Back beats the Journey® Student Rewards from Capital One® on three fronts: it comes with a higher cashback rate on rotating categories each quarter, a signup bonus and a short 0% intro APR on purchases. The Journey® Student Rewards from Capital One® has none of that.
Learn more about these cards differences in the table below.
Summary of card features
Discover it® Student Cash Back
- Good grades reward. Every school year you have a GPA of 3.0 or higher, you’ll get a $20 statement credit. This perk is good for up to five years.
- Earn cash back. Earn 5% cash back on categories that rotate each quarter on up to $1,500. After reaching the cap, you earn 1% cash back, which is the same rewards rate you earn on all other purchases.
- Cashback match. At the end of the first year, Discover will match the cash back you earned. This means if you earned $100 in cash back during your first year of card membership, Discover will automatically give you $100 more.
Journey® Student Rewards from Capital One®
- 1% cash back on all purchases
- 1.25% for months you pay on time
- No annual fee
Ask an Expert