Get a variable APR as low as 10.00% on both purchases and balance transfers.
- Get this card if you think you’ll qualify for a low APR and you want few fees.
- Pick something else if you want a 0% intro APR or rewards.
- Apply with a good to excellent credit score of 680 or higher.
|Product Name||DCU Visa® Platinum Credit Card|
|Balance Transfer Rate (not intro)||10.00% to 18.00% variable|
|APR for Purchases ( Purchase Rate )||10.00% to 18.00% variable|
|Cash Advance Rate||10.00% to 18.00% variable|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 25 days|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|0% of transaction value|
|Minimum Credit Score||Fair (660-699)|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Late Payment Fee||$35|
|Cash Advance Fee||$0|
The DCU Visa® Platinum Credit Card is about as straightforward a card as you can find. You’ll get a variable APR of 10.00% to 18.00% variable for purchases, balance transfers and cash advances. On top of paying $0 annual fee, you’ll pay no balance transfer, foreign transaction or cash advance fees.
The card may be a good choice if you think you’ll qualify for a low APR. However, you may want to compare other cards, especially those that offer 0% introductory APRs.
Should you get the DCU Visa® Platinum Credit Card?
- If you want a 0% intro APR or rewards, check out other cards.
- If you think you’ll qualify for a low APR and you want few fees, the DCU Visa® Platinum Credit Card may be a good choice.
A $0 annual fee makes it easy to keep the DCU Visa® Platinum Credit Card long term.
Digital Federal Credit Union doesn’t charge balance transfer, cash advance or foreign transaction fees.
You’ll also like…
Potentially low APR.
Depending on your creditworthiness, you may qualify for a variable APR as low as 10.00% on purchases, balance transfers and cash advances.
No annual fee credit card deals
How does a balance transfer work with this card?
What to watch out for
Digital Federal Credit Union may apply a fixed penalty APR of 18.00 variable% to your account if you make a late payment. This rate applies until you make six consecutive on-time payments.
DCU’s penalty APR is much lower than that of other credit card providers, as it’s not uncommon to see one above 25%. Still, don’t be afraid to compare other credit cards if you don’t like penalty APRs. Plenty of providers don’t charge them.
What to know before you apply
To apply for the DCU Visa® Platinum Credit Card, you must be at least 18 years old.
Always consider your options and your financial situation before you apply for a credit card.
Information you’ll need
- Your full name and contact information.
- Your residential status.
- Your annual income, source of income and employment information.
- Your Social Security number.
What credit score do I need?
You’ll have a better chance of approval if you apply with a good to excellent credit score of 680 to 850.
How to apply for the DCU Visa® Platinum Credit Card
1. Go to the Digital Federal Credit Union website and click Apply Now.
2. Select the Credit Card from the Credit Card Type drop-down menu. Then select New Visa, and click Continue.
3. Complete the application with details like your name, address, annual income and Social Security number.
4. Review and submit your application.
How long will it take to be approved?
Typically, credit card providers decide on your application approval within 10 days. In some cases, your application is approved immediately.
If there are issues with your application, you may need to wait up to a few weeks to hear back.
I got the card. Now what?
- Make timely payments. Pay your bill online at DCU’s site, where you can enroll in autopay.
- Avoid interest. After the close of each billing cycle, you have a grace period of at least 25 days to pay your balance. If you do, you won’t pay interest on your purchases.
- Avoid fees. Late payments come with fees of up to $35.
- Contact customer service. If you have questions, contact DCU at 800-328-8797.
Bottom line$0 annual fee, a potentially low APR and almost no transaction fees — If these benefits resonate with you, then the DCU Visa® Platinum Credit Card may be a good choice.
Otherwise, look into other cards and providers offering enticing intros and even rewards.
Frequently asked questions