Credit One Bank® Platinum Visa® for Rebuilding Credit review
Watch out for potential hidden fees.
finder.com’s rating: 3.5 / 5
- Get this card if you want to build your credit.
- Pick something else if you don’t want to pay an annual fee.
- Apply with a poor credit score or higher.
How to apply for the Credit One Bank® Platinum Visa® for Rebuilding Credit
To apply for this card, you must be at least 18 years old.
- Select Apply now.
- Enter the required information to see if you prequalify
- Click See card offers
What credit score do I need?
You can apply with a poor credit score or higher. The higher your credit score and ability to pay off any debt you accrue, the more likely you are to have a lower annual fee and APR.
Credit One Bank® Platinum Visa® for Rebuilding Credit drawbacks
- Annual fee. The card comes with an intro annual fee of $75 the first year and a $99 annual fee after that.
- Authorized user card fee. Authorized user cards come with a $19 annual fee. Most credit cards don’t charge any fees for additional cards.
- Grace period. Some accounts may receive a 24-day grace period, while others won’t. Not having a grace period means Credit One starts charging interest from the moment you made your purchase. This can add up if you can’t pay your full balance as soon as possible.
- Low minimum credit line. Your credit line depends on multiple factors, but this card has a minimum credit line of $300.
- Foreign transaction fee. For each charge you make abroad in US dollars, you’ll pay either $1 or 3% of the transaction, whichever is greater.
Credit One Bank® Platinum Visa® for Rebuilding Credit benefits
- Prequalification. See if you prequalify for the card without hurting your credit score.
- Cash back. You’ll earn 1% on gas, groceries, mobile phone service, Internet service and cable and satellite TV service purchases.
- Free credit score access. Track your credit-building efforts with monthly access to your Experian credit score.
- Potential credit line increase. Your account is automatically reviewed for a credit line increase at regular intervals determined by Credit One.
- Other perks. With this card, you also get zero fraud liability, fraud monitoring, account notifications and you get to choose your due date, which you can change once in six months.
Compare unsecured credit cards for building credit
If this card isn’t right for you, compare other unsecured credit card options that will help you build credit. Consider factors such as annual fee, APR and other benefits the card might offer.
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Credit One Bank® Platinum Visa® for Rebuilding Credit customer reviews and complaints
Credit One is accredited and earns an A- rating from the Better Business Bureau as of September 2021. Most complaints revolve around hidden fees and poor customer service. Those who are satisfied with the card claim they managed to build their credit with timely payments.
Credit One possesses a 1.5 out of 5 customer rating on Trustpilot, with several complaints noting poor customer service and unwarranted fees.
If you’re looking for an unsecured credit card to build your credit, the Credit One Bank® Platinum Visa® for Rebuilding Credit could be an option. But be aware of hidden fees and read the terms and conditions to avoid getting hit with unexpected charges.
If you don’t find this card appealing, compare other secured cards for building credit.
Credit card ratings
★★★★★ — Excellent
★★★★★ — Good
★★★★★ — Average
★★★★★ — Subpar
★★★★★ — Poor
Our team evaluates credit cards to determine their value against similar cards on the market.
We rank card types — travel, cash back, business — on a set of factors that are most relevant to that type of card. We create these rankings to help you narrow down a credit card that best suits your spending and budget.
Kliment Dukovski is an investments writer who has written over 600 articles to help readers find and compare the best financial options. Kliment has also written on money transfers, home loans and more. Previously, he ghostwrote guides and articles on foreign exchange, stock market trading and cryptocurrencies.
The Credit One Bank® Platinum Visa® for Rebuilding Credit is an unsecured card available to consumers with poor credit. It comes with an annual fee of $75 the first year and $99 thereafter. However, it does allow you to earn 1% cash back on eligible gas, grocery purchases and mobile phone service, internet, cable and satellite TV services.
The good thing with this card is that you can prequalify without affecting your credit score. This way you’ll know your approval chances before you apply. Also, you get free monthly access to your Experian credit score.
Be sure to read the card’s terms before applying to avoid unpleasant situations as the card doesn’t clearly state your annual fee or whether you’ll get a grace period on your purchases before you qualify.