Get back on the right track and build your credit history.
Rebuilding your credit history takes patience and time. It can be frustrating to set out with the intention of getting your credit score back on track, but then get rejected from new card applications. Credit One Bank offers several card options that are geared toward people who are looking to raise their score, as well as rewards cards for those who qualify.
Considering a new credit card is a big decision. It should be made only after you’ve looked over all of your options. Credit One Bank does have annual fees for some of their cards which are on the higher end. Though those fees are broken up over each month the second year, consider if you are willing to pay the fee.
Credit One Bank Platinum Visa Credit Card
Having poor credit can be limiting financially. If you have bad credit, you may be able to rebuild your score with this card from Credit One Bank.
- Rebuild credit. This card is designed for people with bad credit, and can help you rebuild your credit score.
- Track your score. Get free access to your credit score online. Credit One Bank reports to all three major credit bureaus.
- Quick apply. You can get prequalified in 60 seconds, and it won’t affect your credit score.
- Based on your creditworthiness, the variable monthly APR for purchases will be from 15.65% to 24.15%
- Each card has its own annual membership fee which ranges from $0 up to $75 for the first year and $0 to $99 each subsequent year
- The cash advance rate also varies based on creditworthiness and can be anywhere from 17.90% to 25.15%
- Each cash advance is the greater of $5 or 8% of the amount or $10 or 3%
- Cash advances are limited to 25% of your assigned credit limit
- At minimum your credit line will be $300
- When making purchases in countries outside the U.S., the currency conversion will mirror the rates of MasterCard and Visa
- At most, late payment fees are $37
- Returned payment fees are up to $35
- 5% of your outstanding balance is required as a minimum payment each month, or $25, whichever is more
- Regardless of the chosen card, the minimum interest charge is no less than $1
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- U.S. resident with a local address
- Have a valid social security number
Application Requirements Checklist
- First and last name
- Email and phone number
- Street address
- Social security number
- Date of birth
- Total monthly income
Fees & Repayments
- Annual membership is $0 to $75 for the first year and $0 to $99 every year after.
- If you would like an authorized user for your account, there is an annual $19 fee
- Cash advance fees are the greater of $5 or 8% of each cash advance, or $10 or 3%
- Late payments cost up to $37
- Returned payments cost up to $35
Credit One Bank allows customers to build their credit score back up with a fairly straightforward program that includes reward cards that can give up to 1% cash back on eligible purchases. Cardholders also get the opportunity to see their credit score every month to track their progress.
When considering any credit card, it’s important to shop around. The variable APR and annual fees for Credit One Bank may be a bit steep for some customers’ liking. There is also some apprehension around the timeliness of customer service by other consumers. To avoid these pitfalls it is important to fully understand the monthly payments you will be making (even if you aren’t carrying a balance) and the variable percentage rates.
If you’re considering a credit card and want to work with a customer service agent directly, or on a regular basis, this may not be the card for you. If you’re independent and confident you can pay the annual fee and make your monthly payments, you should be just fine.
How to apply
To apply now, get together a few important documents. You will need your social security number, address, and monthly income. Click the link to sign up for pre-approval and get matched with the card that is right for you.
How do I check on the status of my application?
On the Credit One Bank homepage or in the menu you can select ‘Application Status’ to check on your application’s status.
Can I activate my credit card online?
Online activation is not available; you will need to activate your new Credit One Bank credit card by phone using the toll-free number included on the card.
What happens if I don’t activate my credit card?
If your card is not activated within 14 days your account may be automatically closed. Additionally, until your card is activated you cannot use it for purchases or other transactions.
What can I do using Online Account Access?
With Online Account Access you can make payments, see your account activity, obtain your credit score, check your documents and statements, contact customer service, and access your settings.
Is there a limit to how much I can pay?
The maximum amount you can pay off in a billing cycle is your account balance.
Do I have to pay online?
No, you can pay using an outside service such as MoneyGram or Western Union. These services do charge fees.
Are paperless statements available?