Credit One offers cards to all types of customers, but it specializes in products for those who are rebuilding credit.
Credit One typically serves the subprime credit market. To apply for one of its cards, you’ll need to get prequalified by providing your Social Security number and total monthly income. The bank will look at your credit profile and offer you cards with certain annual fees, rewards structures and interest grace periods based on what you’ve provided.
Compare Credit One Bank® cards
Best Credit One credit cards
Credit One offers three credit cards, all of which are similar. Depending on your credit, you’ll receive different rewards.
Jump to …
- Credit One Bank® Visa® Cash Back Rewards: Best for strong credit
- Credit One Bank® Unsecured Platinum Visa®: Best for rebuilding credit
- Official NASCAR® Credit Card from Credit One Bank®: Best for NASCAR fans
Best for strong credit: Credit One Bank® Visa® Cash Back Rewards
Credit One Bank® Visa® Cash Back RewardsRead more
Best for rebuilding credit: Credit One Bank® Unsecured Platinum Visa®
Credit One Bank® Unsecured Platinum Visa®Read more
Best for NASCAR fans: Official NASCAR® Credit Card from Credit One Bank®
Official NASCAR® Credit Card from Credit One Bank®Read more
Credit One rewards program
Your Credit One card may come with cashback rewards. You won’t know in advance which categories you’ll receive cash back for.
For Credit One Bank credit cards, you may receive 1% cash back for purchases in categories like gas, groceries, Internet service, mobile phone service and cable and satellite TV services. With excellent credit, you may receive 1% cash back on all eligible purchases.
For Credit One Bank NASCAR credit cards, you may receive 1% cash back on gas and automotive purchases. With excellent credit, you may receive 1% cash back on all eligible purchases. All online NASCAR Superstore purchases receive 2% cash back.
How can you redeem rewards?
You’ll receive cash back in the form of statement credit. Credit One will apply the statement credit to your account automatically on each statement that has at least one eligible purchase.
How much are rewards worth?
All Credit One reward cards offer a base rate of 1% cash back. Purchases from the online NASCAR Superstore are worth 2x the rewards rate offered when using the Official NASCAR® Visa.
Typical features and benefits of a Credit One card
- Purchase APR between 17% and 25% variable. Before applying for a Credit One card, look closely at its purchase APR. The bank’s products come with higher-than-average interest rates.
- Rewards change based on prequalification criteria. Credit One will assign your card a certain rewards rate based on your credit profile.
- Range of annual fees. You may receive an annual fee between $0 and $99 based on your credit.
- Grace period depends on prequalification criteria. You may or may not receive an interest grace period on purchases.
- No balance transfers. Credit One does not allow you to transfer debt from other sources to your credit card.
- Pick your due date. Once your first billing cycle is up, pick a new due date for your payments as long it’s six days before or after your current due date.
How to apply for a Credit One card
Before selecting a Credit One card, you need to get prequalified. Visit the bank’s website and provide basic information about yourself. Then click See card offers to view cards you qualify for.
- You’re at least 18 years old.
- You don’t live in a US territory.
Information you’ll need
To complete the application, you’ll need to provide information that includes:
- Your name and residential address.
- Your Social Security number and date of birth.
- Your email address and phone number.
- Your total monthly income.
How does Credit One keep my credit card information secure?
Credit One uses firewalls to protect its systems and networks. It also encrypts data with 128-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. So you can see you’re communicating with Credit One and not a third party, Credit One uses a Global Digital Certificate signed by Internet security company Verisign.
The bank sends fraud alerts that inform you when there are suspicious transactions on your account.
Credit One offers cards to those with excellent credit, but specializes in products for individuals rebuilding credit. Depending on your income and credit, you may receive cash back with your card.
If you’re not sure whether a Credit One product is right for you, check out other credit card providers to compare more options.